Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

Joe Haggerty @HackswithHaggs

Loui Eriksson missing from practice, but a Bruins source tells me that the Swedish winger wont be traded. ow.ly/ugMx4 #BruinsTalk

He obviously says that he wont' be traded but I wonder if there's any chance that this is related to Vanek.

Renaud Lavoie @LavoieRenaud

#flyers Andrej Meszaros ne sera pas de la formation ce soir. Les Flyers tentent de l'echanger. #transactions2014 bit.ly/1dhrKHT

Meszaros to where?

So is it a disaster if we finally trade Stafford but don't make deals on some of the other obvious guys?

This lack of activity has me worried. I think at a minimum you have to trade Moulson, Tallinder and Halak before todays deadline. They are all walking at the end of the year and need to be cashed in.

I would like to keep Moulson if a deal isn't right but then who knows if he re-signs.

Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug

Potter claimed by Bruins

Conacher officially a Sabre, as well.

Not true. Neither said it publicly. Miller said it the day before he was traded, but I think that's because everybody knew that was going down.

Okay split hairs with me. Either way Moulson publicly has stated he would be open to signing a deal to stay. Vanek turned down a deal with his team and said he wanted to test UFA and Miller said he thought his time here was up, just last week.

My point is IMO it is worth keeping an expiring UFA if you are heading to the playoffs and/or pushing to make it and that player's services for the next 20-30 games is worth the possibility of losing them to UFA.

At this point in the season the Sabres are obviously not making the playoffs and the last 20 games are basically meaningless. Instead of 20 meaningless games of Moulson you can cash that in for some sort of future asset (draft picks or otherwise) that can be used past the 13'/14' season.

Those picks/prospects could be the difference in making a different trade down the line.

Okay split hairs with me. Either way Moulson publicly has stated he would be open to signing a deal to stay. Vanek turned down a deal with his team and said he wanted to test UFA and Miller said he thought his time here was up, just last week.

Murray said if he doesn't trade Moulson today he would start discussing contract with him.

I think things will happen fast and furious from here on out. These guys need to submit the trades to league offices in a timely manner to be valid to beat the deadline...

Trades will appear up to and then in the 20minutes or so after 3pm deadline.

Tyler Myers to EDM has been discussed per twitter

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

Was told the Oilers showed interest in Tyler Myers, not clear if talks continuing. Sabres GM said today he's said no to deals for non-UFAs

Edited by LGR4GM

I think things will happen fast and furious from here on out. These guys need to submit the trades to league offices in a timely manner to be valid to beat the deadline...

I hope so because this has been quite boring as of now. I just don't know if there is any teams that actually want Halak!

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

Was told the Oilers showed interest in Tyler Myers, not clear if talks continuing. Sabres GM said today he's said no to deals for non-UFAs

I wouldn't move Myers unless the players coming back is mind blowing. Myers 3 point game the other night looked like his rookie year. He has improved greatly this year from the last 2 seasons.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

Only if one of Hall/RNH/Eberle come back. Otherwise, no chance I would be happy with the deal. Or a 2015 first, but that isn't happening.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing EDM's Ales Hemsky is going to OTT for picks. No official confirmation or details just yet.

Well ######...

Only if one of Hall/RNH/Eberle come back. Otherwise, no chance I would be happy with the deal. Or a 2015 first, but that isn't happening.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing EDM's Ales Hemsky is going to OTT for picks. No official confirmation or details just yet.

Well ######...

Only guessing Buffalo's asking price is too high on the players we want to get rid of.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.