Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

Just going to post this to help get the thread going and updated:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675589

Important trades so far this year:

Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Mark Fraser to the Edmonton Oilers for F Cameron Abney and F Teemu Hartikainen (Jan 31).

New York Rangers trade Michael Del Zotto to the Nashville Predators for D Kevin Klein (Jan 22).

Los Angeles Kings trade G Ben Scrivens to the Edmonton Oilers for a third-round selection in 2014 (Jan 15).

Edmonton Oilers trade G Devan Dubnyk to the Nashville Predators for F Matt Hendricks (Jan 15).

Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Jean Michael-Liles to Carolina Hurricanes for D Tim Gleason and D Dennis Robertson (Jan 1).

Anaheim Ducks trade F Peter Holland and F Brad Staubitz to the Toronto Maple Leafs for D Jesse Blacker, a conditional 2014 third-round pick and a seventh (Nov 16).

Florida Panthers trade F Kris Versteeg and F Phillippe Lefebvre to the Chicago Blackhawks for F Jimmy Hayes and D Dylan Olsen (Nov 14).

Edmonton Oilers trade D Ladislav Smid and G Oliver Roy to the Calgary Flames for G Laurent Broissoit and F Roman Horak (Nov 8).

Colorado Avalanche trade F Steve Downie to the Philadelphia Flyers for F Maxime Talbot (Oct 31).

Buffalo Sabres trade F Thomas Vanek to the New York Islanders for F Matt Moulson, a 2014/15 first-round pick and a 2014 second rounder (Oct 27).

• 4 weeks later...

Figured we could get this started since a few trades are starting to come in now and the deadline is in a few days. Here's one that I WISH we would've matched...

Joe Yerdon @JoeYerdonPHT

Blackhawks announce they've traded Brandon Pirri to the Florida Panthers for a 2014 3rd, and 2016 5th round pick

EDIT: PLEASE limit discussion to any comments about trades that actually happen and posting of breaking news on official trades. No speculation.

Edited by Tankalicious

Figured we could get this started since a few trades are starting to come in now and the deadline is in a few days. Here's one that I WISH we would've matched...

Joe Yerdon @JoeYerdonPHT

Blackhawks announce they've traded Brandon Pirri to the Florida Panthers for a 2014 3rd, and 2016 5th round pick

EDIT: PLEASE limit discussion to any comments about trades that actually happen and posting of breaking news on official trades. No speculation.

Man that is cheap!! Wish we could have snared him

Man that is cheap!! Wish we could have snared him

The knock on Pirri is his poor defense. Can see that Murray might've wanted to avoid adding another guy who only contributes on one end.

Nah, we just didn't have enough draft picks to absorb the loss of a few mid rounders for a near-NHL prospect.

*ducks*

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Florida has a lineup of some darn good, young centers...especially now...Barkov - Bjugstad - Pirri - Grimaldi - Howden - Shore - Trocheck...All drafted in the first 2 rounds, all have a prospect rating of 7+, only 2 of them under 6-feet tall.

Really surprised Murray did not make this deal...this is the exact kind of player he speaks of/we need.(Would anybody have been mad if he traded a 2nd and a 4th for this kid?)

"Pirri's puckhandling and playmaking skills are by far his strongest attributes. His decision-making and feel for the offensive game continues to improve at the professional level and has helped him develop into an offensive leader at the AHL level. He is adept at finding the soft spots in the offensive zone and possesses a hard shot. Though his defensive game is a work in progress, Pirri is not quite a liability and has added enough strength to compete against larger forwards. A potential top six center, his main hurdle will be adjusting to the speed and tightened space at the NHL level."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brandon_pirri/

Joe Yerdon @JoeYerdonPHT

This reminds me a little bit of back when Kyle Turris was available at a discount. I thought we should grab him for sure at the time. Obviously not the same level prospect, but these discounted prospects trades are the type of lottery tickets that cost nothing but can hit big. The 3rd and 5th rounders have next to no chance of making the NHL so minimal risk.

Just realized this thread actually was started about a month ago, I posted this there:

Just going to post this to help get the thread going and updated:

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=675589

Important trades so far this year:

Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Mark Fraser to the Edmonton Oilers for F Cameron Abney and F Teemu Hartikainen (Jan 31).

New York Rangers trade Michael Del Zotto to the Nashville Predators for D Kevin Klein (Jan 22).

Los Angeles Kings trade G Ben Scrivens to the Edmonton Oilers for a third-round selection in 2014 (Jan 15).

Edmonton Oilers trade G Devan Dubnyk to the Nashville Predators for F Matt Hendricks (Jan 15).

Toronto Maple Leafs trade D Jean Michael-Liles to Carolina Hurricanes for D Tim Gleason and D Dennis Robertson (Jan 1).

Anaheim Ducks trade F Peter Holland and F Brad Staubitz to the Toronto Maple Leafs for D Jesse Blacker, a conditional 2014 third-round pick and a seventh (Nov 16).

Florida Panthers trade F Kris Versteeg and F Phillippe Lefebvre to the Chicago Blackhawks for F Jimmy Hayes and D Dylan Olsen (Nov 14).

Edmonton Oilers trade D Ladislav Smid and G Oliver Roy to the Calgary Flames for G Laurent Broissoit and F Roman Horak (Nov 8).

Colorado Avalanche trade F Steve Downie to the Philadelphia Flyers for F Maxime Talbot (Oct 31).

Buffalo Sabres trade F Thomas Vanek to the New York Islanders for F Matt Moulson, a 2014/15 first-round pick and a 2014 second rounder (Oct 27).

Since that trade list I just put up, the following trades have happened:

Montreal Canadiens trade D Raphael Diaz to the Vancouver Canucks for F Dale Weise (Feb 3).

Chicago Blackhawks trade a 2014 fourth-round pick to the New York Islanders for Peter Regin and Pierre-Marc Bouchard (Feb 6).

Buffalo Sabres trade Ryan Miller and Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues for Chris Stewart, Jaroslav Halak, prospect William Carrier, a 2015 first-round pick and a conditional 2016 third-round pick (that can become a 2014 first or 2016 second) (Feb 28).

Chicago Blackhawks trade Brandon Pirri to the Florida Panthers for a 2014 third-round pick and a 2016 fifth-round pick (Mar 2).

The Oilers are on that list four times, Blackhawks three.

Edited by Tankalicious

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Dustin Penner is a Washington Capital. #TSN #Tradecentre

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Anaheim Ducks are indeed acquiring Stephane Robidas from the Dallas Stars. ... not official yet though

Eric Stephens @icemancometh

Also hearing @Dustinpenner25 to Washington is real in addition to Viktor Fasth heading to Edmonton.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Dustin Penner is a Washington Capital. #TSN #Tradecentre

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Anaheim Ducks are indeed acquiring Stephane Robidas from the Dallas Stars. ... not official yet though

Eric Stephens @icemancometh

Also hearing @Dustinpenner25 to Washington is real in addition to Viktor Fasth heading to Edmonton.

I'm sure Penner is going to be thrilled about that move. He lives in South California full time I believe. He won't do much for Washington.

So the Ducks are unloading a ton, any idea what they're getting in return yet?

I'm sure Penner is going to be thrilled about that move. He lives in South California full time I believe. He won't do much for Washington.

Just what Washington needs, more inconsistent and unhappy forwards :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.