Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

I really can't get over St. Louis. I think I've lost some respect for the guy. I understand wanting to be closer to his family (they're in Connecticut, I heard), but to ditch Tampa and Stamkos and a playoff run for the Rangers, who've been rather lackluster... Even if there is some beef with Yzerman... it's just weird. Callahan is hardly recompense. Goofy stuff.

That St.-Louis-for-Callahan deal is a shocker. It will hurt both teams more than it helps.

AND...Callahan will likely be a UFA this summer. Hello Sabres.

Strange to think that Tampa would be more interested in draft picks right now than the playoffs.

Down to the last 3 1/2 hrs - first trade deadline I can remember when passive/aggressive Marcy wasn't the GM, so this makes it an interesting and exciting day!

Most of the time Darcy would make one token move that did nothing for the team. Then he would lecture everyone how hard it is to make trades in the NHL. Ugh. So glad he is gone.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch

Senators have had no talks with Sabres on Chris Stewart with 3:30 to deadline. #Sens

I would hope if they were having discussions it would be over the phone, or atleast email instead of on Stewart

How would that work, would they tape a note to his back or write something on his shirt and send him back and forth from Buffalo to Ottawa?

I really can't get over St. Louis. I think I've lost some respect for the guy. I understand wanting to be closer to his family (they're in Connecticut, I heard), but to ditch Tampa and Stamkos and a playoff run for the Rangers, who've been rather lackluster... Even if there is some beef with Yzerman... it's just weird. Callahan is hardly recompense. Goofy stuff.

well, we just saw what happens when there is a riff between boss/subordinate. Guy higher up usually wins

Edited by plenzmd1

Strange to think that Tampa would be more interested in draft picks right now than the playoffs.

i think the deal had more to do with getting rid of someone who was no longer happy with the franchise/GM and getting something in return for him. You lose offensive skill by swapping the 2, but the lightning should be too worried about that getting Stamkos back and also now obtain draft picks and a leader

Would love to be in the room.

@BuffaloSabres

'WAR ROOM' LOOK: #Sabres GM Tim Murray, Asst. GM Kevin Devine, Senior Hockey Advisor Craig Patrick this AM.

Bh-heuDCYAAi7YL.jpg

Apparently you just have to ask, one of the guys on WGR this morning said he was going to be in there from like 11 til 1 maybe 2 and it was because he just asked

he said he will also get to tweet some info from there

Wonder how many of them are just checking personal emails and playing solitare right now

Where's Pegula, Black, Battista, Sawyer, and Benson? Why aren't they meddling?

They have their own War room set up

TP had the IT department wire all of their connections through the Super war room so that they can make the actual moves from there

Or maybe this photo was taken when they all went on a bathroom break..........

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.