Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

I hate to discourage an infrequent poster, but, umm, does that get funny? Because after the first minute, I had to shut it down.

The thread is Leino, the punch line in the Python vid is “I’m opening a boutique!”. Maybe you shoulda given it a few more seconds!

It’s all in good fun!

Edited by BagBoy

The thread is Leino, the punch line in the Python vid is “I’m opening a boutique!”. Maybe you shoulda given it a few more seconds!

It’s all in good fun!

Maybe so--I let my anti-Python bias get in the way. Had to shut it down.

Edited by Eleven

Shhhhhhh! :o

Your sarcasm may go undetected and then we'll end up in a 5 day naval gazing session resulting in That Aud Smell being made a moderator and 3 more Sabrespacers moving to Tobacco Road.

Don't even tease me. That dude can pound his gavel in my direction any day.

Exactly. How is that funny? Someone please explain to me how all but about 5% of their stuff is funny!

I know what you mean. The only thing I found hilarious is the Holy Grail and that had a horrible ending. The majority of their stuff I don't find funny at all.

Exactly. How is that funny? Someone please explain to me how all but about 5% of their stuff is funny!

You really can't explain Python's humor - you either think it is funny or you don't. Back in the day, my girlfriend (at the time) said that she thought that Monty Python was stupid. I agreed, but I said it is funny because it IS stupid. She just didn't see it. Oh, well....

You really can't explain Python's humor - you either think it is funny or you don't. Back in the day, my girlfriend (at the time) said that she thought that Monty Python was stupid. I agreed, but I said it is funny because it IS stupid. She just didn't see it. Oh, well....

They way I've seen them explain it is, they take an absurdity they see in real life and see how far they can stretch it. Typically it is funny (Bruces, the lumberjack song), sometimes sidesplittingly (cheese shop, dead parrot), and sometimes it flat out doesn't work (David Niven's fridge, Queen Victoria Handicap).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.