Enroth as a number 1

CallawaySabres

The Furry Convention was in New York a few days ago. Mascots from a number of teams were at the Islanders game. I wouldn't want to be maid in area hotels, I'll tell ya. Maybe the mess is contained though?

Maids got it easy. Dry cleaners, however...

Seems you and me are one of the few that consider him our top goalie prospect.

I know you aren't as balls deep in this forum as some of us but everything I've read here is completely slanted towards Ullmark and Makarov being the better prospects. I think this has a lot to do with posters being less familiar with them and a lot of pimping from our Eurocentric posters (you know who you are). Without knowing those 2 too well, I'd say none of the guys in the system are the heir apparent for the Sabres net minding situation.

Hackett is the popular choice because he was packaged in the Jason Pominville deal and has NHL experience, so it makes sense why people would be high on him. However, unless you're just a huge fan of Makarov or Saskatoon, you'd be very hard pressed to find anyone who values him higher then Ullmark. Ullmark is playing in a real mens professional league. A league that has developed many NHL goalies. Makarov plays in the ECHL. Ullmark is also arguably currently the best goalie in the Swedish league. I like both goalies, but no way, based on the knowledge we know today, i'd think Makarov will be a better goalie in 5 years then Ullmark.

One guy people always are skipping past, and i don't know why is Nathan Lieuwen. I've always been high on him and he's always played great whereever he's played. Remember him owning the prospects tournament few seasons ago? He just stole the #1 job from Matt Hackett in Rochester as well. If it wasn't for his horrific car accident where he suffered many injuries, he would be a top 2 round draft pick. WHL Champ, WHL Playoff MVP, Ivan Hlinka gold medal. The dude is a winner and still only 22 years old. I really think he has a very bright future.

Thanks for the responses...I am still trying to figure out this thing, not on often, just learned how to find my posts to reply.

Anyways...I knew about Lieuwen, but not to that extent. Same with Ullmark, and I have seen a lot of prospects reports on him. I just heard a lot about Makarov for a while, throughout the last year...so I assumed he was THAT good. (I have not seen a lot of play of any of them.)

Between Enroth, Hackett, Ullmark, Makarov, Peterson, Lieuwen, Knapp...I would think Buffalo has a pretty stocked stable of goalies...so, with that being said...if someone like Halak or Elliott came back in a trade for Miller, is it safe to assume they wouldn't be here long?

I know not everybody on here agrees with me, but just because we have a lot of goalies in the system it doesn't mean we have a lot of good ones.

Enroth will get his shot.

After that, Lieuwen and Hackett have yet to show they are more than OK AHL goalies and the rest haven't even done that.

One or more may emerge, but other than Ullmark's great half-season, none have shown anything worth getting excited about.

I know not everybody on here agrees with me, but just because we have a lot of goalies in the system it doesn't mean we have a lot of good ones.

After that, Lieuwen and Hackett have yet to show they are more than OK AHL goalies and the rest haven't even done that.

One or more may emerge, but other than Ullmark's great half-season, none have shown anything worth getting excited about.

agree

Absolutely agree.

I want to hold everyone's hand and sing kumbaya

Alllllllll we are sayyyyyyyiiiiiinnnggg is give Enroth a chhhaaaaaance.

Close enough Inky? ;)

Makarov !!!

That and i think enorth did allright tonight, don't think any of the goals were on him at all.

Edited by Heimdall

Yeah Enroth did a good job. Not great ... he has been better but there were goals were he didnt have much of a chance. the Brouwer one for example. all alone in the slot untouched.

I'm worried there is a book on Enroth now.

I would be shooting high corners in tight and throwing things right at his pads from the point for rebounds or the 5 hole.

I know! Wow! It's a good thing there's not a book on Miller.

Ahem.....

It's you bringing it back to Miller.

Obviously you think Enroth can carry the mail next year. Am I right?

Scrivens, Halak, Hiller, Thomas are all guys I would sign next year to start over Enroth.

Enroth I worry doesn't have the tools to adjust. That's all I got. Just a worry. I hope he proves me wrong.

Here's a glob of absolutely nothing....

I was watching Braveheart the other night and I noticed the guy who played Robert the Bruce in that looks almost exactly like Jhonas Enroth. And I guess Miller sorta looks like William Wallace because he has long hair and is clean-shaven (somehow the only clean-shaven guy in Scotland in 1306, I noticed).

995BVH_Mel_Gibson_085.jpg

So maybe the resolution to this thing is Miller suffers a horrible, gruesome end but Enroth finally gets it together and becomes the no.1. And defeats the English.

"You've bled with Miller. Now bleed with me!!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.