Enroth as a number 1

CallawaySabres

Miller's time with Buffalo is coming to an end.....and it most definitely is time to part ways. However, for those who have been eager to see him go for some time now, the fact is that the Sabres will be very fortunate to get the same production from his long term replacement whoever that may be. Is Enroth capable of giving Miller like production? Certainly, he wouldn't be in the NHL if he wasn't capable. Is he likely to give that production long term? Not so much.

Has anyone bothered to look at Miller vs. Enroth first 70-ish games in the NHL?

In Miller's first 73 starts (spread over three years plus the first ten games of a fourth year):

2.71 GAA, .908 SV%, 42-25-3-1. Three shutouts.

In Enroth's first 73 games (every start of his career so far stretched over four years plus one game from a fifth year):

2.76 GAA, .912 SV%, 22-30-12. Three shutouts.

Enroth's record looks so low there because there were ten appearances during that time in which he did not start. Miller started his first 109 appearances.

This does not include the playoffs.

Miller's age in that time spanned from 22-26 due to the lockout.

Enroth's age in that time spanned from 22-25.

Edited by Tankalicious

In Miller's first 73 starts (spread over three years plus the first ten games of a fourth year):

2.71 GAA, .894 SV%, 42-25-3-1. Two shutouts.

In Enroth's first 73 games (every start of his career so far stretched over four years plus one game from a fifth year):

Enroth's record looks so low there because there were ten appearances during that time in which he did not start. Miller started his first 109 appearances.

Very good, kid. Wax on. Wax off.

Interesting to say the least.

I also think RM had a way better supporting cast, team around him in his beginnings, where JE not so much.

Edited by BocceBall

Interesting indeed. We all know what Miller became despite a quite pedestrian start to his NHL career. Will Enroth be able to do the same? The odds aren't with him.

Maybe I did something wrong??? but Miller's sv% for the first 73 games comes out to .908%

2121sa with 1926sv

I also get this now. Not sure what I missed. Fixed it, though. I probably just put in something wrong.

EDIT: Just realized that I added the shots for his 73rd game but not his saves. Also ups his shutouts from two to three.

Edited by Tankalicious

League save percentage the year after the lockout .901

Last two years .912

For what it is worth.

Time took look at Saves over Average....but that's getting dangerously close to advanced stats.....

I really need to get back to the data sets I was working on. Maybe I'll just post the spreadsheets and let you guys all play with them :lol:

I understand why people debate this, but seriously - Who cares who were the better goaltender through his first 75 starts, or 500 starts for that matter?

Right now we have two goalies, and by the looks of it, the better of the two won't be here next season.

Can Enroth become the better of the two down the stretch? No idea, all I know is he needs to be better than he is now.

I understand why people debate this, but seriously - Who cares who were the better goaltender through his first 75 starts, or 500 starts for that matter?

Right now we have two goalies, and by the looks of it, the better of the two won't be here next season.

Can Enroth become the better of the two down the stretch? No idea, all I know is he needs to be better than he is now.

Well stated.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.