Enroth as a number 1

CallawaySabres

Nope, that's not what I said.

Then what are you saying?

It doesn't really matter............

:rolleyes:

You're so good at making people's points for them, why don't you tell me?

Are you not going to answer the question I asked?

THE%2BFOREVER%2BWAR.jpg

Quick reminder that absolutely no one in the world cares about who wins this argument between you two.

Are you not going to answer the question I asked?

My point was, what you saw from Miller last night, you won't see the rest of the year. And if he sticks around you won't see next year either. Nor did you see it the three previous years.

All these criticism of Enroth's weaknesses and downfalls, yet he still has comparable numbers to Miller, a so-called 'elite' goaltender by some on this board. With comparable stats, and Enroth not playing up to par by some board members' standards, can you imagine how good Enroth will be when he has the opportunity to fine tune his skills?

My point was, what you saw from Miller last night, you won't see the rest of the year. And if he sticks around you won't see next year either. Nor did you see it the three previous years.

All these criticism of Enroth's weaknesses and downfalls, yet he still has comparable numbers to Miller, a so-called 'elite' goaltender by some on this board. With comparable stats, and Enroth not playing up to par by some board members' standards, can you imagine how good Enroth will be when he has the opportunity to fine tune his skills?

Fair enough. That's all I wanted.

For the record, I don't think fine tuning is all Enroth needs. His problems are not minor adjustments. I don't know how he fixes his rebound control if he hasn't by now.

Ok I guess I'll carry the flag. Enroth has how many wins? It's hard to win with this team or whatever he said. He is right of course so he should have shutout by now knowing that right?

Fair enough. That's all I wanted.

For the record, I don't think fine tuning is all Enroth needs. His problems are not minor adjustments. I don't know how he fixes his rebound control if he hasn't by now.

I'm glad we got that straightened out. Neither of us agree with each other, and it's mostly based on opinion. Only time will tell.

Ok I guess I'll carry the flag. Enroth has how many wins? It's hard to win with this team or whatever he said. He is right of course so he should have shutout by now knowing that right?

Really? The goal support for Enroth average per game ranks them the 2nd worst in NHL history in terms of GPG average. And you're going to hold that comment against him? By the way, Enroth did hold a shutout through regulation in a game and the team couldn't even score a goal for him. How may does Miller have?

Weren't we asking who would replace Lindy well before he actually got canned? That turned out okay, no? And it wasn't that scary of a process, at least not for long, since Ron Ron wasn't here that long.

I don't know, didn't we kind of get lucky that PLF just...fell into our lap?

I don't know, didn't we kind of get lucky that PLF just...fell into our lap?

PLF didn't fall into our lap. TP's daughters read this board religiously and told him what GODD's instructions were. TP, falling under GODD's spell like most goodhearted billionaires do, went out and made it happen.

Really? The goal support for Enroth average per game ranks them the 2nd worst in NHL history in terms of GPG average. And you're going to hold that comment against him? By the way, Enroth did hold a shutout through regulation in a game and the team couldn't even score a goal for him. How may does Miller have?

I guess I should have used a sarcasm emoticon of some sorts.

What is your argument going to be when Ullmark comes over from Sweden in another year and Enroth is replaced?

What is your argument going to be when Ullmark comes over from Sweden in another year and Enroth is replaced?

We'll talk about that if/when it happens. If Miller is traded Enroth will have his chance to sink or swim between now and then. If Enroth proves he can do it, Ullmark won't replace him. If Enroth can't do it then it seems pretty simple.

We'll talk about that if/when it happens. If Miller is traded Enroth will have his chance to sink or swim between now and then. If Enroth proves he can do it, Ullmark won't replace him. If Enroth can't do it then it seems pretty simple.

What are your thoughts on the St. Louis package w/ Halak coming back rumors? My expectation is that Jhonas would still find himself wearing a ballcap more often than not if that were to pass.

What are your thoughts on the St. Louis package w/ Halak coming back rumors? My expectation is that Jhonas would still find himself wearing a ballcap more often than not if that were to pass.

That would be interesting. Halak has had a good year or two, but one of them was under a system that would make any goaltender look good. I think it would depend on how he looks behind a team like the Sabres. That would be the telling tale. I wouldn't object to sticking with the hot goaltender. If Halak has a couple of good games, stick with him. When Enroth gets his chance and he puts together a couple of good games, stick with him. Unless they don't plan to hold on to Halak, then give Enroth the minutes and let's see if he can handle a 75/25 work load.

At least as important as who will be our #1 goaltender is a more bullet-proof defense. Many of the "soft" goals let in by both Miller and Enroth are as a result of a severe defensive lapse (or and out-and-out giveaway).

As for the purported trade, Miller, Stafford and Leino go to the Johnstown Jets for Denis Lemieux and all three Hanson brothers. Let's hope the "hair" in Buffalo don't make Denis sick... :lol:

Edited by Sabre Dance

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.