Enroth as a number 1

CallawaySabres

What are your thoughts on the St. Louis package w/ Halak coming back rumors? My expectation is that Jhonas would still find himself wearing a ballcap more often than not if that were to pass.

I don't think so. Halak isn't anything spectacular. I suspect it'd be about an even split with Enroth getting the nod if anything. Unless Halak is extended. That'd create a different story.

I'm willing to be embarrassed if you want to post that, but I don't believe I ever EVER said that.

Miller will be traded thread, post #172 IIRC, from the end of October

Not anymore. St. Louis doesn't have the cap or need. Halak is better than Miller right now.

Only brought it up cause someone bumped that thread earlier and I read it thinking that was a new response

Miller will be traded thread, post #172 IIRC, from the end of October

Only brought it up cause someone bumped that thread earlier and I read it thinking that was a new response

Not sure what thread that is. Was probably me exaggerating to remind people of how last year Miller was certainly nothing spectacular.

I think either a link or a retraction is in order.

I think what he quoted is what I would've said in the thread. I don't remember specifically saying that, but as much of a Miller hater I was this summer/early in the season I don't doubt that I may have said it (after looking at other threads on the topic). Only thing I could find is that I once said Halak and Miller would make a great tandem, though.

I was just pissed that they didn't move Miller OR Vanek this offseason, so I was pissing on Miller in my sadness.

Not sure what thread that is. Was probably me exaggerating to remind people of how last year Miller was certainly nothing spectacular.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22109-is-there-any-chance-that-trades-will-be-made-before-deadline/

Sorry, the "will there be any trades made before the deadline" which is basically a will Miller be traded before the deadline thread

http://forums.sabres...efore-deadline/

Sorry, the "will there be any trades made before the deadline" which is basically a will Miller be traded before the deadline thread

Here you go. If you click on the number in the upper right corner of a post, it gives a link (up where you'd enter a URL) to the post: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22109-is-there-any-chance-that-trades-will-be-made-before-deadline/page__st__160#entry519491

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22109-is-there-any-chance-that-trades-will-be-made-before-deadline/

Gotcha. Kids these days say the darnedest things haha. I certainly don't believe this now.

Nolan on GR this morning, approximately 9:15 am: Enroth is maturing but is not ready to be a no. 1 in this league. Needs to stop letting in bad goals first. Wants to start Miller as often as possible, because that's what you do when you have a goalie of that caliber. I assume it will be in the audio vault later.

That's two NHL coaches, whatever Rolston was, and every hockey writer in the area. Can we put it to bed now?

Nolan on GR this morning, approximately 9:15 am: Enroth is maturing but is not ready to be a no. 1 in this league. Needs to stop letting in bad goals first. Wants to start Miller as often as possible, because that's what you do when you have a goalie of that caliber. I assume it will be in the audio vault later.

That's two NHL coaches, whatever Rolston was, and every hockey writer in the area. Can we put it to bed now?

And it's obvious in Enroth's game. His rebound control, which is something I'm going to keep hammering on, is abysmal. One of the most important aspects of a goalie's game and he doesn't have a grasp on it yet.

and yet has still been equal to Miller stat wise the past 3 years. hmmm.... maybe ted needs to watch film of ryan the past 3 years.

No, Because who cares what NHL coaches, GMs, Scouts, Sportswriters, commentators, or anyone else see or say. You can't put it to rest until he has been given lots of playing time that the fans can watch and judge to determine if he can be a starter or not. The stats prove that Enroth can be just as good as Miller, he had a long stretch of wins a few years ago, and he gets no goal support from the team, unlike Miller who is only good in olympic years...................

Nolan. WGR. Rick and Dan and Rob and Mo and Shemp. The marching went out to pump this guy's tires this season, a sustained PR effort to get Miller into the Olympics and to start. Nothing more to see here. Sam, ######, quiet. Shut up!!! Shut upppp!!!!! Kill who? Why?!!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYY.

Nolan. WGR. Rick and Dan and Rob and Mo and Shemp. The marching went out to pump this guy's tires this season, a sustained PR effort to get Miller into the Olympics and to start. Nothing more to see here. Sam, ######, quiet. Shut up!!! Shut upppp!!!!! Kill who? Why?!!!!WHYYYYYYYYYYY.

Did Miller really need the PR? He kinda did it himself don't you think?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.