Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

The only other hockey fan at my job is a Pens fan. According to him, Pens fans "back home" and on message boards can't stand him. They seem to think they'd be better with a more Nolan-type coach.

Living in Pens country leads me to believe this guy is on some sort of drug. Everybody I've talked to thinks that Bylsma and every assistant under him is the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally, I think Bylsma is extremely overrated. He's won one cup with probably the two best players in hockey.

Has nothing to do with Lindy at all. The Pens should be in the final four EVERY year with that roster. They aren't.

In any event, I'm not going to look at a decision by Dan Bylsma to start Jonathan Quick as an indictment of Ryan Miller.

Pegula has ties to Pitt and thus ties to Bylsma, is it possible he meddled and forced Quick to start so we can more easily get rid of Miller? Will this meddling cost the US a....... medal ? Does this mean free agents won't come to Buffalo now? :rolleyes:

Edited by Patty16

I think the other GMs already have a pretty solid opinion of what Miller can do, regardless of how he plays in two or three games before the deadline.

It's just a matter of them deciding whether they want to pay the price — which, depending on the demand, might be as low as a second or a conditional first.

I think the other GMs already have a pretty solid opinion of what Miller can do, regardless of how he plays in two or three games before the deadline.

It's just a matter of them deciding whether they want to pay the price — which, depending on the demand, might be as low as a second or a conditional first.

I agree that the demand might not be there. Rental goalies are not easy situations.

If I were TM, unless Miller plainly told me that there was no way he would re-sign, I would not let him go for anything less than a first-round pick or a player. I would take the gamble and try to re-sign him instead.

I agree that the demand might not be there. Rental goalies are not easy situations.

If I were TM, unless Miller plainly told me that there was no way he would re-sign, I would not let him go for anything less than a first-round pick or a player. I would take the gamble and try to re-sign him instead.

Thats quite a gamble to take for the FNG is he willing to risk another player walking for nothing.It'll all shake out soon enough, lets see who is the first to blink

I think TM will get less than he hopes for in a return for Miller . . The new lifeblood that is being pumped into the organization needs to purify said organization and move forward. This new group needs to make the Sabs theirs so to speak and with the folks at the helm the time is right. And the men who hold. high places must be the ones who start.

Edited by 2ForTripping

Thats quite a gamble to take for the FNG is he willing to risk another player walking for nothing.It'll all shake out soon enough, lets see who is the first to blink

Well, the magnitude of the gamble is equal to the maximum value that TM is offered in trade, innit? So if his best offer is a 2nd-rounder from a good team -- i.e. a low 2nd-rounder -- then that is all that he would be risking. It's not nothing, but it's not really a major risk either.

I think TM will get less than he hopes for in a return for Miller . . The new lifeblood that is being pumped into the organization needs to purify said organization and move forward. This new group needs to make the Sabs theirs so to speak and with the folks at the helm the time is right. And the men who high places must be the ones who start

I see what you did there, but would it have killed you to include the word "hold" as well as a period?

Well, the magnitude of the gamble is equal to the maximum value that TM is offered in trade, innit? So if his best offer is a 2nd-rounder from a good team -- i.e. a low 2nd-rounder -- then that is all that he would be risking. It's not nothing, but it's not really a major risk either.

I see what you did there, but would it have killed you to include the word "hold" as well as a period?

The grammar thread is dead i believe, but, i fixed it for you. Feel better now?

Again, "innit"? :lol:

Again, "innit"? :lol:

I know you've got some thing for nfreeman, but is that it? It's just some slang. Do we have to clog the board with this? I use "ain't" a lot. That's not a real word, either.

That's how I view it.

I know you've got some thing for nfreeman, but is that it? It's just some slang. Do we have to clog the board with this? I use "ain't" a lot. That's not a real word, either.

Really? I was last in line of about four posts talking about grammar and you're going to quote mine as 'clogging' things up? How do I have something for Freeman? Note the smiley, it's was a light-hearted response to somebody that made a remark about proper grammar and then went on to use a word that doesn't exist.

Man, this place needs to lighten up a little bit. Well, A LOT bit.

Really? I was last in line of about four posts talking about grammar and you're going to quote mine as 'clogging' things up? How do I have something for Freeman? Note the smiley, it's was a light-hearted response to somebody that made a remark about proper grammar and then went on to use a word that doesn't exist.

I think you mean a large bit or just a lot. Just saying.

The grammar thread is dead i believe, but, i fixed it for you. Feel better now?

I was more focused on the omission of a word from a short quote from a classic song. The period was just icing on the poop cake.

No problem here homie. I think there's a qualitative difference between correct usage of slang as opposed to sloppy typos, but everyone has his own preferences. Some people even prefer Enroth to Miller!

I think you mean a large bit or just a lot. Just saying.

That's what made it so funny. :P

No problem here homie. I think there's a qualitative difference between correct usage of slang as opposed to sloppy typos, but everyone has his own preferences. Some people even prefer Enroth to Miller!

I hear ya. Ima have dessert, be back later.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Quick had another solid game today. Magic 8 Ball predicts more bench time in the future for Ryan Miller.

Quick probably rests tomorrow. And I realize that you hate Miller, but you've got to at least acknowledge:

frissonic@Frissonic 17m

this would have been over with a long time ago with miller

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.