Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

The question that writer should be asking himself is who he wants in Net for the Playoffs. Does he want some guy who might have a .850% game and allow 5 goals on 25 shots? Or does he want a guy who will always give you .916% on a decent team? I think Miller would help the caps a lot.

Miller vs. Flyers in playoffs, 2011

1. 1.000

2. .853

3. .880

4. 1.000

5. .923

6. .898

7. .857 (pulled)

Okay it appears that according to the Sv% for playoffs Miller according to the Stats is not better than the one Washington Netminder.

Holtby's last playoff series - .922%

Neuvirth's last playoff series - .912%

Miller's last playoff series - .917%

temper-tantrum-450x420.jpg

FOR ASKING A ###### QUESTION? I just WANTED To know what WASHINGTONS STATS WERE BY GAME. HOLY HELL.

Edited by LGR4GM

Okay it appears that according to the Sv% for playoffs Miller according to the Stats is not better than the one Washington Netminder.

FOR ASKING A ###### QUESTION? I just WANTED To know what WASHINGTONS STATS WERE BY GAME. HOLY HELL.

Probably more for the "holy ###### this place has sand in its ######" but what do I know? It might have been for asking a question.

Edited by Assquatch

That's the problem with so called hockey guys who rely on "advanced" statistics like this writer did. Miller isn't worth it because of his analysis of save %??

This precisely what TM said when he joined, that he doesnt really use those kind of stats and they are for people with less hockey knowledge.

When it comes to save % you have to account for quality of shots too. Miller is getting bombarded and is still playing his best in years, save % or not.

But I guess when you dont know what you're seeing on the ice, you rely on stats.

Those weren't advanced stats, analytics, #fancystats or whatever you wish to call them,

Miller is a goner, and despite the axe some posters have to grind with the guy, he is beyond good enough to take a well balanced team to a Stanely Cup. Period.

We will be left in tank mode and hopefully will be able to find another goalie who is also good enough to take us to the promised land when the rest of the team comes together. Will his pads be filled easily or will it be a case of not knowing what you've got til it's gone? We shall see.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Just ribbing you :P

Those weren't advanced stats, analytics, #fancystats or whatever you wish to call them,

Miller is a goner, and despite the axe some posters have to grind with the guy, he is beyond good enough to take a well balanced team to a Stanely Cup. Period.

We will be left in tank mode and hopefully will be able to find another goalie who is also good enough to take us to the promised land when the rest of the team comes together. Will his pads be filled easily or will it be a case of not knowing what you've got til it's gone? We shall see.

Here is something no one has brought up yet.

If RM is sooo good why haven't the Dallas Stars come calling yet? You would think Lindy, who knows RM extremely well, would be all over that if he thought RM was the answer. Dallas is only 5 points out of 6th place, surely RM would put them into the playoffs and carry them to the cup, right!

Why hasn't RM to the Dallas Stars happened yet?

Here is something no one has brought up yet.

If RM is sooo good why haven't the Dallas Stars come calling yet? You would think Lindy, who knows RM extremely well, would be all over that if he thought RM was the answer. Dallas is only 5 points out of 6th place, surely RM would put them into the playoffs and carry them to the cup, right!

Why hasn't RM to the Dallas Stars happened yet?

How do you know they haven't?

how do you know Ruff and the Stars wouldn't love to have him but aren't able to give the Sabres what they want for him?

How do you know they haven't?

how do you know Ruff and the Stars wouldn't love to have him but aren't able to give the Sabres what they want for him?

My thinking is if LR and the Stars wanted him that bad, there would have been a done deal by now. If RM really is all that, and LR thinks likewise, RM would have been a Star along time ago. The Stars would have given Buffalo what they wanted.

Because Dallas is a mediocre team that has a long way to go to be a contender?

You mean like Washington, NY Islanders, or Minnesota?

Edited by BocceBall

Yup its why teams send scouts to games...... and don't just use nhl.com to determine if they like a player.

Statements like this drive me absolutely batshit crazy. Can you find me a single credible analytics person who has advocated the elimination of scouting? A year or so ago I linked an article about James Neal in Pittsburgh, and how the Pens combined internal analytical measures with extensive scouting to figure out the best places to get Neal the puck and how to get him there. That is how analytics are supposed to be used, and are used. So please, let's stop the strawman arguments.

Statements like this drive me absolutely batshit crazy. Can you find me a single credible analytics person who has advocated the elimination of scouting? A year or so ago I linked an article about James Neal in Pittsburgh, and how the Pens combined internal analytical measures with extensive scouting to figure out the best places to get Neal the puck and how to get him there. That is how analytics are supposed to be used, and are used. So please, let's stop the strawman arguments.

Like I said....you write too well to be Schopp........ :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.