Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

He's proven that he can perform under pressure.

Cant argue that...

And to top it all off (sorry for the Miller Bashing i dont like him) he has had his 2 best yrs as a Sabre while leading up to the Olympics and his contract year..He hasnt ever stolen a Playoff series or even been the reason we won a series...However he has this mythical God like worshipping goin on that I have never quite understood. He comes across as very arrogant and condescending and I for one am glad he is getting this little slap in the face....

Now watch Quick get blown up and Miller runs the table and I look like a lil whiny #itch....

But I am gonna enjoy this moment....

The nice part about this US teams is I'm a big fan of both Quick and Miller, so no matter how one or the other does, I win.

Quick's style is really interesting. He's a hybrid, but with a dash of something else. His leg strength and flexibility allows him to get extremely low while staying mobile. It's really not something you can teach, it's just his natural born ability. Makes him almost impossible to solve down low, but if you can get him to tip backwards you can beat him while he's down and out glove side. It's a weird ###### in the armor.

Seriously? I can't say c-h-i-n-k? What century is this?

Edited by d4rksabre

Could be some new method of trying to balance the workload.

But we've seen how that works out in the playoffs; it seems like it's better to find the hot goalie and let it ride.

And not that I want our Tank to have anything to do with Team USA, whose only goal should be to win the ###### out of the Olympics, if Miller doesn't play, he doesn't get injured.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Cant argue that...

And to top it all off (sorry for the Miller Bashing i dont like him) he has had his 2 best yrs as a Sabre while leading up to the Olympics and his contract year..He hasnt ever stolen a Playoff series or even been the reason we won a series...However he has this mythical God like worshipping goin on that I have never quite understood. He comes across as very arrogant and condescending and I for one am glad he is getting this little slap in the face....

Now watch Quick get blown up and Miller runs the table and I look like a lil whiny #itch....

But I am gonna enjoy this moment....

This is just ignorance.

The Sabres were only in the Boston and Philly series because of him. He stole at least 2 games/series. We didn't win because of what was in front of him both of those years. Arguing that we didn't win because he couldn't "steal the show" is just biased and ignorant

Hey, how's Tim Thomas looking?

Has ever a goalie been so hated by the fans of his own franchise?

All things considered, he hasn't looked that bad. He started the year off with a couple of injuries but he's been bouncing back. Not bad for a 57 year old who didn't even strap on the pads until training camp.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Has ever a goalie been so hated by the fans of his own franchise?

I don't think Miller is hated at all. Listen to the cheers. Read the support he gets. I've always thought of myself as very contrarian when it comes to him. I don't hate his game, I just think he's very overrated. I do very much dislike his hockey personality, especially throwing teammates under the bus, something that — surprise! — disappeared in the runup to the Olympics. If I hate anything, it's his Olympic year erections. They rub me the wrong way. Personally hate? Of course not. How could I? I don't know the guy. He's probably a good man.

Lulz.

It's my own definition, sure, but I can define "big game" in a way that most people would agree with, then show Miller has not been great in those moments. Was Joe Montana a good big game quarterback? Can't be proven, I suppose.

Edited by PASabreFan

I don't think Miller is hated at all. Listen to the cheers. Read the support he gets. I've always thought of myself as very contrarian when it comes to him. I don't hate his game, I just think he's very overrated. I do very much dislike his hockey personality, especially throwing teammates under the bus, something that — surprise! — disappeared in the runup to the Olympics. If I hate anything, it's his Olympic year erections. They rub me the wrong way. Personally hate? Of course not. How could I? I don't know the guy. He's probably a good man.

I agree with all that.

I think Bylsma starts Miller against Russia no matter how well Quick does tomorrow. What do I know, though?

And Miller strikes me as more of a big game player than not. And PA, if Ryan rubbed his erection on you the wrong way, maybe you could've just talked to him about it? The key to a successful relationship is communication.

Edited by qwksndmonster

It's my own definition, sure, but I can define "big game" in a way that most people would agree with, then show Miller has not been great in those moments. Was Joe Montana a good big game quarterback? Can't be proven, I suppose.

I agree with all that.

You guys are kidding, right? Or are you thinking it is 2006

There are haters. (such as yourselves.....you don't really think you are all that uncommon, do you?) And then there are the appreciators. There is no fan club.

There is your continuum in WNY.... Hate to appreciate

Even though the News made a half-hearted case that he should be retained, nobody is calling that he be signed for life, or that he should retire a Sabre.

Nor is the guy very marketable.

But yes, he is a good goalie, and a pretty good neighbor. Steadfast foundation and Carly Club come to mind.

He just never transcended to hero. As Danny White to Roger Stauback - - - he's been that to Dominic.

I'd say not loved. People do want to see him do well in the Olympics, however.

But the moment he's traded the question will be what did we get back.

Edited by X. Benedict

You guys are kidding, right? Or are you thinking it is 2006

There are haters. (such as yourselves.....you don't really think you are all that uncommon, do you?) And then there are the appreciators. There is no fan club.

There is your continuum in WNY.... Hate to appreciate

Even though the News made a half-hearted case that he should be retained, nobody is calling that he be signed for life, or that he should retire a Sabre.

Nor is the guy very marketable.

But yes, he is a good goalie, and a pretty good neighbor. Steadfast foundation and Carly Club come to mind.

He just never transcended to hero. As Danny White to Roger Stauback - - - he's been that to Dominic.

I'd say not loved. People do want to see him do well in the Olympics, however.

But the moment he's traded the question will be what did we get back.

Neither of us have said that he isn't a good goaltender. If anything I have stated several times, in fact, that I think he is an above average goaltender and one of the most consistent in the league.

It's the rest of you that paint anybody who isn't a Ryan Miller Fan Club member as haters.

The hostility that comes from these threads isn't as a result of hatred, it comes from everybody else painting it as hatred.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.