• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

If we trade Moulson without getting him to telling us he'd resign here I can't see Miller resigning.

Toffoli & marginal prospect for Moulson and the Sabres 2nd rounder might work. I wouldn't be willing to take players with 3 to 4 year wait periods. I'd want at maximum players who'll be able to play for us in the 2015-2016 season along with "McDavid." Any later and you start making the Sabres, Bills 2.0 which = continuous rebuild.

As far as Toffoli for a rental forward in Matt Moulson: LA fans would riot. He's still a very highly regarded prospect who hasn't broken through just yet. We'd be more likely to target the next crop of forwards they have behind Pearson and Toffoli. If we could get Linden Vey that would be awesome.

Could we toss in a 2nd rounder from this year as well to help sweeten the pot? We have so many 2nd and you see so many traded at the deadline that we should be able to package some things together. TM just has to identify who he wants to go after. As for Toffoli I don't know much more than his stat line and I'm not up on Kings prospects but if he is worth trading for then we could try Moulson plus some pick(s).

Could we toss in a 2nd rounder from this year as well to help sweeten the pot? We have so many 2nd and you see so many traded at the deadline that we should be able to package some things together. TM just has to identify who he wants to go after. As for Toffoli I don't know much more than his stat line and I'm not up on Kings prospects but if he is worth trading for then we could try Moulson plus some pick(s).

Tyler Toffoli 9g 8a in 33 games. However in his last 11 games he hasn't had a point. He put up 2g and 4a in 12 playoff games last year.

Scouting Report:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=2277&tab=scr

Tyler Toffoli 9g 8a in 33 games. However in his last 11 games he hasn't had a point. He put up 2g and 4a in 12 playoff games last year.

Scouting Report:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=2277&tab=scr

And if I'm not mistaken has been sent down as a result.

I've been meditating on this a little lately. I can't see how they possibly think any of Zemgus Girgensons, Tyler Myers or Rasmus Ristolainen would be on the market. I consider Myers, Girgs, and, realistically, Hodgson, part of the new core.

I would like Miller and Ott to stick around to help the young guys transition for another season or two, at least.

Moulson, I think, should be traded for someone young with upside.

I could see Stafford being traded for a small return just to move him somewhere else, maybe using that pick (assuming it's a pick) and someone like Ennis for a Hodgson/Kassian style trade.

I guess, other than the five I mentioned initially, I think anyone is up on the block, and I'd rather see a lot more warm bodies in return than just picks...unless it's a 2015 first rounder.

Stafford will get traded to montreal , they somehow like him there, We'll get Briere + 2nd round or prospect in return.

Moulson is rumoured for Nashville, Ottawa and LA. If its nashville I would try to make a trade for forsberg, maybe throw in Adam.

Miller i'd trade to washington for neuvirth + 2nd round pick.

Ott i would sign.

Stafford will get traded to montreal , they somehow like him there, We'll get Briere + 2nd round or prospect in return.

Moulson is rumoured for Nashville, Ottawa and LA. If its nashville I would try to make a trade for forsberg, maybe throw in Adam.

Miller i'd trade to washington for neuvirth + 2nd round pick.

Ott i would sign.

Don't think a rental and Adam will get you Forsberg. Miller I could see as a possibility. Stafford might get you a 2nd but not with a prospect. If you want a prospect probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th included with it. Either of those scenarios doesn't include Briere. I sign Ott as well.

Edited by sicknfla

So, talk this AM is that Matt Moulson may be the most highly coveted rental this season. I find it interesting that the talk involved Moulson, Hemsky, and Setoguchi. And that Vanek wasn't really mentioned.

I have to give DR props on this. The Vanek trade is going to net is a big return.

I have to give DR props on this. The Vanek trade is going to net is a big return.

Personally, I hope we re-sign him.

edit- I mean I hope we re-sign Moulson, not Vanek. F that guy.

Edited by weave

I've been meditating on this a little lately. I can't see how they possibly think any of Zemgus Girgensons, Tyler Myers or Rasmus Ristolainen would be on the market. I consider Myers, Girgs, and, realistically, Hodgson, part of the new core.

I would like Miller and Ott to stick around to help the young guys transition for another season or two, at least.

Moulson, I think, should be traded for someone young with upside.

I could see Stafford being traded for a small return just to move him somewhere else, maybe using that pick (assuming it's a pick) and someone like Ennis for a Hodgson/Kassian style trade.

I guess, other than the five I mentioned initially, I think anyone is up on the block, and I'd rather see a lot more warm bodies in return than just picks...unless it's a 2015 first rounder.

Yep, I like this analysis. I know we're in last place but really this is our third season of the rebuild and there are key players emerging that I don't want traded. The list is fairly short but I really don't want Gus, Myers, Risto or Zadarov gone from the team. I would almost put Hodgson on that list as well. Everyone else can be part of a deal and some I would miss more than others but don't trade the previously mentioned building blocks.

I woke up this morning saying trade 'em all.

Ehrhoff, Hodgson, Myers, Foligno, Girgensons, Pysyk, Ennis and our prospects are only going if another better young player is coming back.

But Moulson, Miller and Ott could be some contender's missing piece. They will be in demand. Auction them off. Get what you can, when you can.

Give them all hugs, tell them we will open up the chequebooks to bring 'em back in July. But move them now because their value will never be higher.

Depth defencemen are always in demand for a playoff run. Get what you can for Weber, McBain and Tallinder. We have better defencemen coming anyway.

If anyone thinks Stafford, McCormick, Konopka or any of our other pluggers has any value at all, take what they offer.

It's the only time we will ever get anything for any of them.

Sell, sell, sell. Hoard picks, prospects. emerging players, cap space and a few more pending UFAs we can sell off at the deadline next year.

Burn this place to the ground. Make sure we have a fast horse in the Eichel/McDavid derby.

Let the tanks roll.

Edited by dudacek

Ehrhoff, Hodgson, Myers, Foligno, Girgensons, Pysyk, Ennis and our prospects are only going if another better young player is coming back.

But Moulson, Miller and Ott could be some contender's missing piece. They will be in demand. Auction them off. Get what you can, when you can.

Give them all hugs, tell them we will open up the chequebooks to bring 'em back in July. But move them now because their value will never be higher.

Depth defencemen are always in demand for a playoff run. Get what you can for Weber, McBain and Tallinder. We have better defencemen coming anyway.

If anyone thinks Stafford, McCormick, Konopka or any of our other pluggers has any value at all, take what they offer.

Sell, sell, sell. Hoard picks, prospects. emerging players, cap space and a few more pending UFAs we can sell off at the deadline next year.

Burn this place to the ground. Make sure we have a fast horse in the Eichel/McDavid derby.

Let the tanks roll.

Let the tanks roll.

Not Weber and not Ott, and Miller only if there is first-rounder coming back.

You gotta keep the heart. And once a guy is traded I think the odds of re-signing him in July drop close to zero.

But I'm fine with everyone else you mentioned.

So, talk this AM is that Matt Moulson may be the most highly coveted rental this season. I find it interesting that the talk involved Moulson, Hemsky, and Setoguchi. And that Vanek wasn't really mentioned.

Sounds like the Isles are going to try and re-sign him so he probably won't be available

Don't think a rental and Adam will get you Forsberg. Miller I could see as a possibility. Stafford might get you a 2nd but not with a prospect. If you want a prospect probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th included with it. Either of those scenarios doesn't include Briere. I sign Ott as well.

Briere is going to be the throw away in the deal for the Habs, a salary dump to move a guy whos getting healthy scratched. People here may dispise Stafford, but the team doesn't and he is still getting lots of ice time so the Habs might actually want him and in order for the Habs to move Briere they will need to throw in something to sweeten the pot and take on his contract

Sounds like the Isles are going to try and re-sign him so he probably won't be available

Briere is going to be the throw away in the deal for the Habs, a salary dump to move a guy whos getting healthy scratched. People here may dispise Stafford, but the team doesn't and he is still getting lots of ice time so the Habs might actually want him and in order for the Habs to move Briere they will need to throw in something to sweeten the pot and take on his contract

I would bet money that he doesnt stay there. I highly doubt he re-signs with them

Edited by FolignosJock

I push for more, but if it is the best offer on the table, I take Briere for Stafford, straight across.

Briere still has more goal-scoring ability than all but a couple Sabres, he's a great guy in the room to show the kids the way and he is a UFA next year who we might get something for at the deadline.

Stafford might rebound in Montreal, but his time here is way past due.

What he brings on the ice can be filled by any number of Matt D'Agostinis.

It sounds like he would if they made him a good offer, I could see him re-signing there

They are only slightly better than us. We were going to make him the highest paid player and he wouldnt agree. He isnt going to sign anywhere until free agency and I bet you a much better team will offer as much money as the islanders.

I push for more, but if it is the best offer on the table, I take Briere for Stafford, straight across.

Briere still has more goal-scoring ability than all but a couple Sabres, he's a great guy in the room to show the kids the way and he is a UFA next year who we might get something for at the deadline.

Stafford might rebound in Montreal, but his time here is way past due.

What he brings on the ice can be filled by any number of Matt D'Agostinis.

Yeah but the money is the problem. Montreal would want us to keep some of it and we want to get out from under that landslide

They are only slightly better than us. We were going to make him the highest paid player and he wouldnt agree. He isnt going to sign anywhere until free agency and I bet you a much better team will offer as much money as the islanders

Yeah but the money is the problem. Montreal would want us to keep some of it and we want to get out from under that landslide

I am fairly certain the Sabres can't retain any salary until the Vanek and Pommers salary retention stuff ends after this season.