Sabres claim Zenon Konopka

Two or less

I wonder if we'll offer to take Briere off of Montreal's hands while we're at it.

This waive pick up isn't actually half ad, 66% faceoff winner and is gritty. Sorta an upgrade from Gaustad

This was mentioned in another thread but the Konopka thread seems like a good a place as any, be forewarned this ain't the best info source ever.

Sports Insider@SportsInsider23

From my #habs source, Briere wont play another game in a montreal uniform, #sabres the front runner

Zadorov.

Boom. Can we field a team made entirely of players with cool names?

This was mentioned in another thread but the Konopka thread seems like a good a place as any, be forewarned this ain't the best info source ever.

From my #habs source, Briere wont play another game in a montreal uniform, #sabres the front runner

If true, he would basically be a first line center on this team right?

PK? maybe even PP?

I kid, I kid....but seriously

Don't kid. Konopka was a PK guy in Ottawa and did a decent job in that role.

ugh.

If "insider(rrrr)" is in their name or they don't have an official name, then they aren't real. Just a tip.

There does seem to be a lot of smoke out there around Briere to Buffalo however.

I can see Lafontaine taking a flier given our lack of offence, and Danny's reputation as a good locker room guy.

He's certainly not fitting in with Montreal.

There does seem to be a lot of smoke out there around Briere to Buffalo however.

I can see Lafontaine taking a flier given our lack of offence, and Danny's reputation as a good locker room guy.

He's certainly not fitting in with Montreal.

I think there has been talks or questions asked but how far that process has gotten is the real question. A lot of these rumors manifest because some GM inquired and had nothing but some talks on the matter. Add in that Briere isn't working out and BAM! Media storm of speculation the subject. I bet we will know prior to the Olympics if good old DB is returning.

I think there has been talks or questions asked but how far that process has gotten is the real question. A lot of these rumors manifest because some GM inquired and had nothing but some talks on the matter. Add in that Briere isn't working out and BAM! Media storm of speculation the subject. I bet we will know prior to the Olympics if good old DB is returning.

I'd like him to retire a Sabre and right the wrong Darcy made. He was a huge part of our team.

Don't kid. Konopka was a PK guy in Ottawa and did a decent job in that role.

Yep. About 3 or 4 years ago he spent a season in Norfolk with the Admirals (AHL). He played on the PK, occasionaly the PP, and was definitely a fan favorite. He worked hard, and was probably close to a point a game.

He's not going to score 20 in 41 games or anything, but he is capable of doing more than just fighting.

Well that was pretty much ordained.

Can't wait until we get healthy enough to ice:

D'Agostini Ellis Omark

Flynn Porter Stafford

McCormick Konopka Scott

(Leino still not quite good enough to crack the top nine.)

Anyone care to revisit the conversation about how close the Sabres are to being able to be replaced by an AHL team? That lineup IS an AHL team...and not a great one either :P ;)

Everytime Ted sends out Scott and Konopka out he will get fined for player selection.

+1

Miller, Myers, Ehrhoff, Pysyk, Moulson, Girgensons, Ennis, and Hodgson.

These guys are much too good for the AHL.

five of them, probably

I wouldn't say Girgensons is much too good for the AHL...yet; it's not like he's setting the league on fire. Besides, my comment was 95% tongue in cheek :)

After his first ~20 games of getting used to the NHL, he's been good and he just keeps getting better. To my eye he's already too good for the A.

Archived