GDT: Buffalo at Winnipeg 12-31-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

457470623_slide.jpg

GAME #40: BUF (11-24-4) at WPG (18-18-5) – TUE DEC 31 – 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, TSN-HDWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 65 Brian Flynn – 21 Drew Stafford

82 Marcus Foligno – 23 Ville Leino – 17 Linus Omark

32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis – 27 Matt D’Agostini

X: 19 Cody Hodgson (UBI)

6 Mike Weber – 57 Tyler Myers ("A")

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk

52 Alexander Sulzer – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") (UBI)

1 Jhonas Enroth

30 Ryan Miller

Lineup News & Notes

D Alexander Sulzer and F Cody Hodgson were scratches in Sunday's 2-1 SO win vs Washington.

F Cody Hodgson is day to day (UBI).

F Cody McCormick (UBI) and F Kevin Porter (LBI) are on injured reserve.

Sabres may dress 7 D as F Ville Leino is questionable for the game (undisclosed).

Weekly Transactions

None

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, Buffalo has gone 5-3-2.

Matt Moulson has a goal and three assists his past five games.

Zemgus Girgensons has points in three of five.

Winnipeg Jets SmileyWinnipegJets-1.png

Final Lineup

16 Andrew Ladd ("C") – 18 Bryan Little – 26 Blake Wheeler

22 Chris Thorburn – 12 Olli Jokinen("A") – 40 Devin Setoguchi

9 Evander Kane – 55 Mark Scheifele – 67 Michael Frolik

27 Eric Tangradi – 17 James Wright - 14 Anthony Peluso

X: 58 Eric O'Dell (helathy)

7 Keaton Ellerby – 33 Dustin Byfuglien

8 Jacob Trouba – 39 Tobias Enstrom

5 Mark Stuart ("A") – 44 Zach Bogosian

X: 2 Adam Pardy (healthy)

35 Al Montoya

31 Ondrej Pavelec

Lineup News & Notes

Winnipeg scratched D Adam Pardy, D Julian Melchiori, and C Eric O'Dell in Sunday's 2-1 OT win at Colorado.

F Jim Slater (sports hernia), D Paul Postma (blood clot), F Matt Halischuk (forearm fracture),

and D Grant Clitsome (illness) are on injured reserve.

Weekly Transactions

12/26: Recalled D Julian Melchiori from the St. John’s IceCaps (AHL).

12/30: Re-assigned D Julian Melchiori to the St. John’s IceCaps (AHL).

12/30: Signed F Nicolas Petan to a 3 year, two-way ELC.

12/31: Signed F Ryan Olsen to a 3 year, two-way ELC.

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 Games Winnipeg has gone 4-5-1.

F Blake Wheeler has 14 points (10 goals) in December with three multigoal games.

D Jacob Trouba has eight points in the past 13 games.

PREGAME LINKS

12/29 – MILLER CARRIES SABRES WITH CAREER-HIGH 49 SAVES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/30 – Ryan Miller dynamic in shootout win, doesn’t want to speculate about Olympics (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

12/30 MILLER NAMED NHL'S 2ND STAR OF THE WEEK, ENROTH TO START IN WINNIPEG (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

12/30 – Jets host Sabres in search of third straight win (Jon Lane - NHL.com)

12/30 – Game Preview: 12/31/13 at Winnipeg Jets (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/30 Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Monday's practice at Riverside Rink. <3:29>

12/30 Dan Dunleavy recaps Monday's practice at Riverside Rink. <1:47>

12/31 – Why are the Sabres better under Ted Nolan? (Matthew Coller – WGR.com)

12/31 – Sabres at Jets Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/31 – Press Clips: 12/31/13 at Winnipeg Jets (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

12/31 – Claude Noel updates the media on who will start in goal for the Jets against the Sabres <3:57>

12/31 – TSN Pregame: Dennis Beyak and Brian Munz preview tonight's matchup between the Jets and Sabres <3:01>

12/31 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media prior to Tuesday's game against the Jets at MTS Centre. <2:45>

POSTGAME LINKS

12/31 – SABRES OFFENSE STYMIED IN WINNIPEG (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

01/01 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 3-0 loss to the Jets <3:16>

01/01 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-0 loss to the Jets <2:28>

01/01 – Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-0 loss to the Jets <2:21>

01/01 – Mark Pysyk speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 3-0 loss to the Jets <1:48>

01/01 – Jhonas Enroth speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-0 loss to the Jets <2:40>

Winnipeg is a tough place for Buffalo to play. They have always given us a tough time when we play there since they returned to the NHL. In fact, we are 0-3-0 in our last 3 visits there, getting out scored 3-11.

The Sabres have also had the one of the worst records in hockey since Winnipeg's return.

Winnipeg is a tough place for Buffalo to play. They have always given us a tough time when we play there since they returned to the NHL. In fact, we are 0-3-0 in our last 3 visits there, getting out scored 3-11.

That franchise gave the Sabres trouble even in Atlanta. It's the Biatchy-slav Koslov curse.

Leino questionable ? Must have one of those dreaded UBIs from walking into a lightpost outside FNC with his head down ...

I just hope that we figure out a way to get rid of Leino and Stafford. Keeping these guys around just to help reach the cap floor would be a joke.

I would rather sign Jim Puzzatelli ( or something like that) to a 1 year 8m deal.

Not gonna see this one, as I'll be at a B-Sens hockey game tonight as is tradition. (missed last years though).

I think I read somewhere that Leino was still feeling sick with whatever bug was going around, so that's probably why he's scratched. He didn't practice after Washington IIRC. Hoping to close out 2013 with a W, just for sh!ts and giggles.

I'll miss the second half of this one. I'll be at the Korean Bar-b-cue house. I'm just grateful we're not eating at the North Korean Bar-b-cue house. I might starve.

Hope to see a win to ring in the new year. As always, GO SABRES !

The kind where they have the grill built into the table? Those are great, although I'm not a big fan of wrapping the meat in the lettuce.

You got to love the supposed insider who goes by Sabresfrontoffice twitter account. Steve Ott mysteriously tweets Tim Gleason then deletes it and now #Sabres Front Office reports Sabres one of teams interested in Tim Gleason

I thought I heard something about Gleason for Liles?

Hockey?!

...since my days of full-on New Years Eve debauchery are long behind, I'll probably watch this one. Might be a select few of us lamesters in the GDT this evening!

I'll be there, been a long time since new years meant much to me, other than good food and a couple glasses of wine.

I'll miss the second half of this one. I'll be at the Korean Bar-b-cue house. I'm just grateful we're not eating at the North Korean Bar-b-cue house. I might starve.

Hope to see a win to ring in the new year. As always, GO SABRES !

Remember, A hot dog is not something you want to ask there :P

Archived