GDT: Buffalo at Winnipeg 12-31-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I'll probably watch tonight for the first time in weeks. It would be nice to see the boys win, but my $ is on the Jets in the gambling contest.

Picked up a few ribeyes from The Meat House to grill tonight with some friends we are having over. Grilling using the reverse sear method, it's a little more involved but the only way to grill a steak now as far as I'm concerned. I never was a huge NYE guy even in my younger days, but now I definitely like to spend it at home as it is also my son's birthday, and he likes to keep his party going all the way to midnight to get the most out of his day.

Among a variety of other esoteric beers, I have a few bottles of this that I will open tonight at home.

post-61-0-69368600-1388522951_thumb.jpg

One of my good friends is currently in Brussels and just posted on facebook that he was drinking Trappist Westvleteren! 10.2% alcohol. Awesome, awesome beer. Pretty hard to find in the U.S.

I liked that brew. I don't know where that brewery came from but they make good beer.

Michigan. Two Hearted is consistently in the top 10 of most craft beer rankings/polls. Such an excellent, drinkable IPA.

One of my good friends is currently in Brussels and just posted on facebook that he was drinking Trappist Westvleteren! 10.2% alcohol. Awesome, awesome beer. Pretty hard to find in the U.S.

Yes, my friend picked some up on a trip to Belgium earlier this year and brought it back for me. Tell your friend to pack a few bottles for you!

@BuffaloSabres

Ehrhoff/Pysyk Weber/Myers Sulzer/McBain Enroth in goal #sabres

@BuffaloSabres

Moulson-Ennis-Girgensons Ott-Flynn-Stafford Scott-Ellis-D'Agostini Foligno-Leino-Omark #sabres

Myers wears an A tonight: http://www.nhl.com/s...14/RO020604.HTM

Thanks for putting together the media highlights; Happy New Year.

I predict the Sabres will close out a miserable 2013 with a win. 2014 is looking to be a year of growth with bumps and bruises along the way. Pat and Ted have changed the culture and attitude in the organization. The team is responding and the black cloud of funk (Darcy) is gone. Things will be better.

LET'S GO SABRES!!!

Archived