GDT: NYR @ Buffalo; 12-5-2013 @ 7:oopm

WildCard

He's right, though. The roster has been gutted of scoring/finishing talent with the idea that they'd rebuild through the draft. What is Nolan supposed to do with this roster other than make them play with some heart. He's definitely got them doing that much more than Rolston and Ruff did.

There's nothing more to expect out of this team until there are significant roster changes. It's not a matter of telling anyone to bite their tongues, it's a matter of pointing out the futility of expecting this roster to perform far, I say FAR, above its potential.

Who here captures a goose from Ellicot Creek park, expects it to lay golden eggs, and then ###### when it doesn't? That's this season's Sabres.

Exactly. This team is not worthy of the emotions that result in disappointment; and we all know that. Where is the lotto message board with people complaining about not hitting the jackpot and exclaiming they do not have to accept the reality that they have not won the jackpot? I'd like to peruse that board for a few minutes.

Good post.

Yeah I hear ya. Cold day in hell before I take the plate off the Lambo. Ever since my wife woke up in a new Bugati it has sported a Bills plate.

Very nice. I was thinking about trying to come up with a good response to that fairly annoying little nugget, but you nailed it.

Another clunker by Miler. Frankly I'm amazed he can care at all.

I just can't picture Miller making an amazing save like Lundqvist did last night - I think it was in the 3rd period - Henrik had dropped down, but still managed to deflect a shot over the top of the goal, by bringing up the back of his arm. Does Miller have that kind of gas in his tank anymore? He looks like he's just going thru the motions.

I just can't picture Miller making an amazing save like Lundqvist did last night - I think it was in the 3rd period - Henrik had dropped down, but still managed to deflect a shot over the top of the goal, by bringing up the back of his arm. Does Miller have that kind of gas in his tank anymore? He looks like he's just going thru the motions.

Last night I was thinking, "man, when was the last time we had a forward that could score a goal like the one Nash scored". that was a play that only high end talent makes.

Last night I was thinking, "man, when was the last time we had a forward that could score a goal like the one Nash scored". that was a play that only high end talent makes.

Yup. That goal was pretty sweet, sorta like they were having fun, take a flyer up the wing, chip pass by the flat-footed d-man (Myers), nice move to beat a good goalie. Too bad we are on the wrong side of it. Much better than the crash the net and pray for a bounce goal we usually see.

I still watch them, I still have my Sabres license plate frame on the front of the Kompressor, I wear Sabres hats around town and I still hope they'll find a way to win each game.

Kompressor does not dance.

(Thanks for reminding me of that)

This.

Have we seen an elite, game-changing NHL play all season?

Other than the odd burp from Hodgson, have we seen any pretty goals at all?

This is the most offensively inept Sabres team ever.

Rumor has it Nichushkin has had some pretty spectacular moments down in Dallas...

*ducks*

:nana:

Not a rumor. I watch him every time he's on the ice down here. I really think the Sabres would have taken him at 8th overall if they knew they'd be able to scoop up Zadorov at 16th.

Well, I am a firm believer that Nash is much better than Vanek, but when the spirit moves him, Vanek can score goals like that.

This.

Have we seen an elite, game-changing NHL play all season?

Other than the odd burp from Hodgson, have we seen any pretty goals at all?

This is the most offensively inept Sabres team ever.

Absolutely, and it's not even close. Aren't they on pace for the lowest # of goals in 30 years or something?

Not a rumor. I watch him every time he's on the ice down here. I really think the Sabres would have taken him at 8th overall if they knew they'd be able to scoop up Zadorov at 16th.

Or maybe DR just thought "oh no we don't -- I took a Russian forward last year and it didn't work out, so that's the end of that."

Well, I am a firm believer that Nash is much better than Vanek, but when the spirit moves him, Vanek can score goals like that.

Absolutely, and it's not even close. Aren't they on pace for the lowest # of goals in 30 years or something?

Or maybe DR just thought "oh no we don't -- I took a Russian forward last year and it didn't work out, so that's the end of that."

Absolutely. Even though he took Zadarov i think the fact he had already taken Grigs was very much a part of it. Risto was probably the safer pick and I am totally ok with it but it is hard to pass up offensive skill. Especially in our situation.

Good point. Totally agree.

Yeah I hear ya. Cold day in hell before I take the plate off the Lambo. Ever since my wife woke up in a new Bugati it has sported a Bills plate.

Heh. This reminded me:

I had my car in the shop a few weeks ago. The call about it goes something like this, "well, you'll need the rear brakes and pads replaced in the next 4-5k." "OK, I can do that myself" "Oh, and we recommend you replace the Sabres plate frame with a Flyers one." [me laughing] "I'll have to think about that one."

Good post.

Very nice. I was thinking about trying to come up with a good response to that fairly annoying little nugget, but you nailed it.

Wait. You were annoyed that I drive a 10 year old sports car roadster?

It's a Mercedes, right?

I suppose I interpreted it as an alert to everyone that you drive a Mercedes, which could be viewed as annoying.

It's a Mercedes, right?

I suppose I interpreted it as an alert to everyone that you drive a Mercedes, which could be viewed as annoying.

I have a few cars and that particular one has a Sabres plate frame on it, that's all I meant.

The last thing I'm interested in is trying to impress people in the real world, much less here. I guess I didn't consider how it would come across to people who don't know me or what I'm all about. My apologies for coming across as some sort of d-bag.

I have a few cars and that particular one has a Sabres plate frame on it, that's all I met.

The last thing I'm interested in is trying to impress people in the real world, much less here. I guess I didn't consider how it would come across to people who don't know me or what I'm all about. My apologies for coming across as some sort of d-bag.

Do NOT apologize for this. If you're doing well enough that you have a cool car and happen to mention it, you should not need to apologize because other people's feelings are hurt by your success.

Do NOT apologize for this. If you're doing well enough that you have a cool car and happen to mention it, you should not need to apologize because other people's feelings are hurt by your success.

I appreciate what you're saying.

I had some major health issues a few years ago - to say I was fighting for my life would not be overstating things - and I made it through while getting screwed by my insurance company in the process. It cost me my life's savings and my marriage, and I was quite literally only a couple of weeks away from bankruptcy and homelessness when things finally turned around. Because of that, I make absolutely no apologies for having turned things around and achieving what some people would say is a modicum of success.

But here's the thing: Nobody - myself included - likes a braggart. And because people here don't know me, I can see how it would be interpreted as me doing just that. And that's why I was apologizing, I don't want to be viewed or perceived as being "that" guy.

Go Sabres!

I appreciate what you're saying.

I had some major health issues a few years agoto say I was fighting for my life would not be overstating things - and I made it through while getting screwed by my insurance company in the process. It cost me my life's savings and my marriage, and I was quite literally only a couple of weeks away from bankruptcy and homelessness when things finally turned around. Because of that, I make absolutely no apologies for having turned things around and achieving what some people would say is a modicum of success.

But here's the thing: Nobody - myself included - likes a braggart. And because people here don't know me, I can see how it would be interpreted as me doing just that. And that's why I was apologizing, I don't want to be viewed or perceived as being "that" guy.

Go Sabres!

I was just busting your balls and didn't mean to have it snowball. I have had my share of posts that I have had my balls busted. Kind of the nature around here. You owe me one.

Archived