GDT: NYR @ Buffalo; 12-5-2013 @ 7:oopm

WildCard

No it doesn't make me happy. It makes me pissed. Blame it on whoever you want. The fact of the matter is we are in the midst of watching what will probably go down as the worse team in history. So NO I am not going to hang onto the pipe dream of 3-5 years from now.

I want to watch a semblance of hockey NOW - not in 3-5 years. I get it. It is not going to change overnight. It is going to take time. Great. That doesn't mean we have to like it or accept it. If posters want to bitch about it that is their right. Of anyone on here thinks that the bitching is going to stop you need to wake up.

And BTW - what young players are you talking about?? Now that we have sent the young players back to jr or the AHL we are no different than any other team in the league. So the only thing I am watching is a joke.

Weren't you one of the people hoping the team would hit rock bottom to get the best position for draft picks?

No it doesn't make me happy. It makes me pissed. Blame it on whoever you want. The fact of the matter is we are in the midst of watching what will probably go down as the worse team in history. So NO I am not going to hang onto the pipe dream of 3-5 years from now.

I want to watch a semblance of hockey NOW - not in 3-5 years. I get it. It is not going to change overnight. It is going to take time. Great. That doesn't mean we have to like it or accept it. If posters want to bitch about it that is their right. Of anyone on here thinks that the bitching is going to stop you need to wake up.

So you want it NOW, but you know you can't have it "NOW", and you can't accept what you just said you know. What?

You're watching something that you hate so that you can rage about it. Why? You might as well watch a VHS tape of Super Bowl XXV over and over. You want the Bills to WIN, you know they won't WIN, but that doesn't mean you have to like it or accept it.

The Sabres are not going to be a good hockey team this year. They *might* get it together enough to string together some late-season wins and ruin their draft status, but that's about it. There's nothing we can really do about it.

And BTW - what young players are you talking about?? Now that we have sent the young players back to jr or the AHL we are no different than any other team in the league. So the only thing I am watching is a joke.

Pysyk, Girgensons, Foligno, Hodgson, Myers, Adam, McNabb, Ennis. Basically anyone drafted 2008 or later.

Good. Seriously, why make yourself miserable? Find something to enjoy about watching these games or just skip them.

Wait,… what? Are we still talking about hockey? Sorry. I was thinking about Later… with Jools Holland. I don't know if there is a better produced music show on the planet.

Weren't you one of the people hoping the team would hit rock bottom to get the best position for draft picks?

No. I have said since day one that I would rather watch good hockey for 82 games than get Reinhart or 164 games and hope to get McDavid. If tanking for top picks was so easy and fool proof then why the hell dont you hear more teams doing it. It's a freaking cop out. When the new crew said that you needed top picks it basically said the same thing DR was saying.

I would have loved to heard we are not going to accept this brand of hockey and we are going to do everything in our power to turn it around as quickly as possible. Never mind the Cup crap. Just make your goal to be too put an NHL team on the ice.

No. I have said since day one that I would rather watch good hockey for 82 games than get Reinhart or 164 games and hope to get McDavid. If tanking for top picks was so easy and fool proof then why the hell dont you hear more teams doing it. It's a freaking cop out. When the new crew said that you needed top picks it basically said the same thing DR was saying.

I would have loved to heard we are not going to accept this brand of hockey and we are going to do everything in our power to turn it around as quickly as possible. Never mind the Cup crap. Just make your goal to be too put an NHL team on the ice.

Fair enough. ;)

So you want it NOW, but you know you can't have it "NOW", and you can't accept what you just said you know. What?

You're watching something that you hate so that you can rage about it. Why? You might as well watch a VHS tape of Super Bowl XXV over and over. You want the Bills to WIN, you know they won't WIN, but that doesn't mean you have to like it or accept it.

The Sabres are not going to be a good hockey team this year. They *might* get it together enough to string together some late-season wins and ruin their draft status, but that's about it. There's nothing we can really do about it.

Pysyk, Girgensons, Foligno, Hodgson, Myers, Adam, McNabb, Ennis. Basically anyone drafted 2008 or later.

Here is the deal. I am not watching it. And that is what pisses me off. I used to enjoy watching them. I looked forward to it. Now I watch 10 minutes and turn on Duck freaking Dynasty.

Here we go again with debating just to debate. Let people vent. Nobody on here is happy right now. We all go about it differently. My original post was telling Hopefulfuture that you are never going to get everyone to stop bitching. Is telling everyone to stop watching the answer?

Some of us bitch. Some of us have a rainbow coming out our ass. Its a forum. Neither you our I have the right to tell people what to post or not to post.

Here is the deal. I am not watching it. And that is what pisses me off. I used to enjoy watching them. I looked forward to it. Now I watch 10 minutes and turn on Duck freaking Dynasty.

Here we go again with debating just to debate. Let people vent. Nobody on here is happy right now. We all go about it differently. My original post was telling Hopefulfuture that you are never going to get everyone to stop bitching. Is telling everyone to stop watching the answer?

Some of us bitch. Some of us have a rainbow coming out our ass. Its a forum. Neither you our I have the right to tell people what to post or not to post.

I am. I mean, why not? We watched a failing product for years ram it's head against a closed door while numerous other teams took the stairs to the right and walked up and through to the glory room. Do the stairs suck? yeah. But were we ever going to get up there doing what we were? No, and that's something that's not debatable.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy actually. We finally looked around and saw what we were doing wasn't going to work, and we took/are taking steps to fix it. It's a hell of a lot better than hoping for 8-6th and knowing your're not getting anywhere.

I am. I mean, why not? We watched a failing product for years ram it's head against a closed door while numerous other teams took the stairs to the right and walked up and through to the glory room. Do the stairs suck? yeah. But were we ever going to get up there doing what we were? No, and that's something that's not debatable.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy actually. We finally looked around and saw what we were doing wasn't going to work, and we took/are taking steps to fix it. It's a hell of a lot better than hoping for 8-6th and knowing your're not getting anywhere.

Yeah because nobody has won the Cup seeded 6-8th before. Might as well just finish 30th for awhile. Any blind squirrel can pick 1st overall. That's the secret.

Yeah because nobody has won the Cup seeded 6-8th before. Might as well just finish 30th for awhile. Any blind squirrel can pick 1st overall. That's the secret.

Yeah, and everyone saw those teams as getting that far. None of them involved miraculous runs by star players or major upsets or anything.

I'm not saying I like to lose, but we have a ton of promising young talent and a stockpile of significant picks to build with. We lose, it sucks, we know. But we fired our GM, replaced an incompetent head coach, and brought in a prominent and very likable figure iin the league n PL to help us structure a contender.

17 years and 1 cup appearance. 2 ECFS and what? 2 more playoff births since the lockout? That's what pathetic is. We needed to change it, and we are taking steps towards that, that makes me happy :D

Why do you feel compelled to write a post telling others how to act and what to think?

He's right, though. The roster has been gutted of scoring/finishing talent with the idea that they'd rebuild through the draft. What is Nolan supposed to do with this roster other than make them play with some heart. He's definitely got them doing that much more than Rolston and Ruff did.

There's nothing more to expect out of this team until there are significant roster changes. It's not a matter of telling anyone to bite their tongues, it's a matter of pointing out the futility of expecting this roster to perform far, I say FAR, above its potential.

Who here captures a goose from Ellicot Creek park, expects it to lay golden eggs, and then ###### when it doesn't? That's this season's Sabres.

Good. Seriously, why make yourself miserable? Find something to enjoy about watching these games or just skip them.

Exactly. This team is not worthy of the emotions that result in disappointment; and we all know that. Where is the lotto message board with people complaining about not hitting the jackpot and exclaiming they do not have to accept the reality that they have not won the jackpot? I'd like to peruse that board for a few minutes.

He's right, though. The roster has been gutted of scoring/finishing talent with the idea that they'd p.O.rebuild through the draft. What is Nolan supposed to do with this roster other than make them play with some heart. He's definitely got them doing that much more than Rolston and Ruff did.

There's nothing more to expect out of this team until there are significant roster changes. It's not a matter of telling anyone to bite their tongues, it's a matter of pointing out the futility of expecting this roster to perform far, I say FAR, above its potential.

Who here captures a goose from Ellicot Creek park, expects it to lay golden eggs, and then ###### when it doesn't? That's this season's Sabres.

Exactly. This team is not worthy of the emotions that result in disappointment; and we all know that. Where is the lotto message board with people complaining about not hitting the jackpot and exclaiming they do not have to accept the reality that they have not won the jackpot? I'd like to peruse that board for a few minutes.

Yours didn't? The one I caught laid perfect golden eggs.

Yeah, and everyone saw those teams as getting that far. None of them involved miraculous runs by star players or major upsets or anything.

I'm not saying I like to lose, but we have a ton of promising young talent and a stockpile of significant picks to build with. We lose, it sucks, we know. But we fired our GM, replaced an incompetent head coach, and brought in a prominent and very likable figure iin the league n PL to help us structure a contender.

17 years and 1 cup appearance. 2 ECFS and what? 2 more playoff births since the lockout? That's what pathetic is. We needed to change it, and we are taking steps towards that, that makes me happy :D

You know what makes me happy? Sleep!! Now that I bitched for awhile I am tired. Nite all.

Its that picking first has worked out well for edmonton so far :blink:

Top 3 picks did help chicago and pittsburgh out though.

Edmonton made a crucial mistake: drafting high ranked offensive talent without a plan to fill things in behind them.

Fortunately for Buffalo we started with the defence and with a real goalie. We just have to add offense at this point. And if Miller re-signs then we're in very good shape. Much more Chicago than Edmonton.

He's right, though. The roster has been gutted of scoring/finishing talent with the idea that they'd rebuild through the draft. What is Nolan supposed to do with this roster other than make them play with some heart. He's definitely got them doing that much more than Rolston and Ruff did.

Everyone knows the team is bad. ...The higher-level point is people can post whatever the hell they want.

Juices flowing there for sure

Competitive juices flowing all over the carpet.

Everyone knows the team is bad. ...The higher-level point is people can post whatever the hell they want.

Competitive juices flowing all over the carpet.

I don't think anybody is saying we can't post what we want. People can post whatever they want, goes both ways. If you're free to gripe relentlessly game in and game out, I'm just as free to question said hatred. It might actually get us to understand where they're coming from. ;)

I was but that was specifically last year when it was obvious we needed to. The season was shortened. We stunk. The draft was a golden horde of riches.

This year we have 82 games. The draft is okay. We traded our best player and then our 2nd best player and now we suck more. At least last year we scored some goals here and there.

As for the tank this year. I would hope they plan on making some changes to help the team suck a little bit less this season. I have however resigned myself to the fact that we will draft in the top 3 and most likely top 2.

No one is saying they can't. I'm questioning why they'd want to. I can't imagine being upset by every individual game this season like each is a horrible new surprise.

The Sabres have 53 games left. There are two most likely scenarios. The second worst is that the Sabres keep sucking this bad for 53 more games. The worst case is that they suck this bad for most of those 53 games but string together enough wins to lose their draft status (i.e. the only good thing that will come of this season).

This team just flat out sucks! My son told me tonight, why do you even watch the Sabres. Geez

I hope your answer was that anybody can watch their team when they're winning, but true fans stand by their teams when they aren't.

I still watch them, I still have my Sabres license plate frame on the front of the Kompressor, I wear Sabres hats around town and I still hope they'll find a way to win each game. But, and here's the difference from years past, my expectations are so much lower the losses don't upset me. I'm disappointed with the way things are, but not upset. So this season, I'm just watching hockey.

Or at least trying to. I got home from my girlfriend's at 9:15'ish and started watching a recording of the game. I never made it through the 1st and woke up at 3:30 with the TV displaying an infomercial. It was a boring game, but on the plus side, that induction stove top cooking-thingy looked pretty cool.

I hope your answer was that anybody can watch their team when they're winning, but true fans stand by their teams when they aren't.

I still watch them, I still have my Sabres license plate frame on the front of the Kompressor, I wear Sabres hats around town and I still hope they'll find a way to win each game. But, and here's the difference from years past, my expectations are so much lower the losses don't upset me. I'm disappointed with the way things are, but not upset. So this season, I'm just watching hockey.

Or at least trying to. I got home from my girlfriend's at 9:15'ish and started watching a recording of the game. I never made it through the 1st and woke up at 3:30 with the TV displaying an infomercial. It was a boring game, but on the plus side, that induction stove top cooking-thingy looked pretty cool.

Yeah I hear ya. Cold day in hell before I take the plate off the Lambo. Ever since my wife woke up in a new Bugati it has sported a Bills plate.

Archived