Sabres waive Corey Tropp

Hoss

If what you're getting at is that he isn't playing that poorly, but everybody still hates him... Then the problem might be that fat contract of his. Imagine having a hard-working bottom six player who doesn't have a big contract... That Tropp guy in Columbus could be that someday.

Or he could be out of the league in a year once it's apparent that the only way he's making an impact is by playing so recklessly that he constantly gets hurt. That's Corey Tropp. His ceiling is too low to make keeping him a big deal.

Or he could be out of the league in a year once it's apparent that the only way he's making an impact is by playing so recklessly that he constantly gets hurt. That's Corey Tropp. His ceiling is too low to make keeping him a big deal.

You mean like the beloved Patrick Kaleta that this board defends like crazy?

You mean like the beloved Patrick Kaleta that this board defends like crazy?

First off, I think Tropp ceiling is a lot higher than people give him credit for. Again, coming back from knee injury to full speed takes over a year and the guy is still young. Understood why he was waived, Rochester would have been a better place for him to overcome the knee and get his speed and confidence back.

But please stop trashing Patty. The guy's game is what it is. The thing is Patty has so much more speed and nice hands, that I don't think he realizes he doesn't have to be a third line player. He just has a blue collar Buffalo mentality and that may be his biggest problem. People see it yet I don't think he does. I hope coaches can convince him to focus scoring goals and being creative. He shows moments of it, but he needs to turn of the linebacker mentality. This isn't football.

He tore his ACL, one time, it's a flukey injury that really has nothing to do with playing recklessly. His other major injury was a broken jaw, which he received while fighting out of his weight class trying to make an impression and earn the respect of his linemates. He probably shouldn't have fought Devane but when you're battling for that role, you try to go above and beyond. I would hardly classify him as injury prone based on two long term injuries. Unless he has a prior history?

I pretty sure we can replace tropp. I liked him but if you think a new gm couldn't find a bottom 6 forward with 15 goal potential. ... you are wrong. Also I'm sick of potential from 24yr old. I want actual talent. Btw that doesn't mean I like dagostini. Interchangeable parts.

A 27 year old marginal NHL player...if he's lucky

Exactly. Which is what we just got in dagostini.

Exactly. Which is what we just got in dagostini.

Except the fact that you're jumping to conclusions, which was DStebb's point x amount of posts ago. Tropp was having a promising career, overall, up until his injury in the season opener last year. Nothing exceptional, but certainly looked like he would adapt to a bottom six role in the NHL. Now, nine games under two new coaches after two pretty major injuries and we're ready to write him off as an injury prone career AHLer. Sure thing.

Interesting side note, that Tropp will go from playing with Marcus to playing with Nick. I wonder how many times a player has gotten to play with a set of brothers on two different teams within 96 hours of each other.

At this point in this franchises history I really can't find fault in anything they do to try and kickstart this team back to respectability. This is the worst team in the league and it appears we're in a comfortable lead with that distinction. Corey Tropp and the guy they just claimed don't bring us any closer to digging ourselves out of this hole. They are fringe players.

First off, I think Tropp ceiling is a lot higher than people give him credit for. Again, coming back from knee injury to full speed takes over a year and the guy is still young. Understood why he was waived, Rochester would have been a better place for him to overcome the knee and get his speed and confidence back.

But please stop trashing Patty. The guy's game is what it is. The thing is Patty has so much more speed and nice hands, that I don't think he realizes he doesn't have to be a third line player. He just has a blue collar Buffalo mentality and that may be his biggest problem. People see it yet I don't think he does. I hope coaches can convince him to focus scoring goals and being creative. He shows moments of it, but he needs to turn of the linebacker mentality. This isn't football.

Uh... So people can call a guy who has never been suspended in his NHL career reckless... But I can't mention Patrick Kaleta in comparison? This "stop trashing Patty" crap is so lame. He's not a child. He's a dirty player who hasn't figured it out and likely never well.

A 27 year old marginal NHL player...if he's lucky

You're from the future. Tell me: do we get McDavid?

Uh... So people can call a guy who has never been suspended in his NHL career reckless... But I can't mention Patrick Kaleta in comparison? This "stop trashing Patty" crap is so lame. He's not a child. He's a dirty player who hasn't figured it out and likely never well.

You're from the future. Tell me: do we get McDavid?

Are you from the future, too?

Except the fact that you're jumping to conclusions, which was DStebb's point x amount of posts ago. Tropp was having a promising career, overall, up until his injury in the season opener last year. Nothing exceptional, but certainly looked like he would adapt to a bottom six role in the NHL. Now, nine games under two new coaches after two pretty major injuries and we're ready to write him off as an injury prone career AHLer. Sure thing.

Interesting side note, that Tropp will go from playing with Marcus to playing with Nick. I wonder how many times a player has gotten to play with a set of brothers on two different teams within 96 hours of each other.

Thats the way the fans here work .They always need somebody to pick apart. I wish Tropp luck, congratulate him on his escape from the worst team in hockey and hope that he will prosper with his new team. To bad he will miss our six year rebuild. lol

Are you from the future, too?

Definitely... Or there is just far more evidence to state that Kaleta is a dirty player who won't figure it out than there is to say that Tropp will be a marginal player in three years.

And there's a VERY distinct difference between saying "likely" and what inkman said (an implied "will be").

Definitely... Or there is just far more evidence to state that Kaleta is a dirty player who won't figure it out than there is to say that Tropp will be a marginal player in three years.

And there's a VERY distinct difference between saying "likely" and what inkman said (an implied "will be").

I base my opinion on what I've seen. I've followed Tropp pretty closely since he became a pro. He has enough speed, tenacity and hands to be a good AHL player. He may even carve a niche out to be a bottom six player in the NHL. He will certainly not be a star or even above average NHL player. He's just not that talented.

I base my opinion on what I've seen. I've followed Tropp pretty closely since he became a pro. He has enough speed, tenacity and hands to be a good AHL player. He may even carve a niche out to be a bottom six player in the NHL. He will certainly not be a star or even above average NHL player. He's just not that talented.

Sounds a whole lot like Patrick Kaleta.

I've seen enough of each of them to know that Kaleta is a punk and that Tropp will spend his career on the bottom lines of NHL teams and/or the top lines of AHL teams. It's not difficult, and no one needs to be from the future to see it.

I've seen enough of each of them to know that Kaleta is a punk and that Tropp will spend his career on the bottom lines of NHL teams and/or the top lines of AHL teams. It's not difficult, and no one needs to be from the future to see it.

Exactly. You do realize that bottom line players still have to play, right? Nobody on here has ever said that Tropp would be a star or even (as far as I've seen) that he'd be more than a bottom six player. But he's has the potential to be the kind of bottom six player we need.

Exactly. You do realize that bottom line players still have to play, right? Nobody on here has ever said that Tropp would be a star or even (as far as I've seen) that he'd be more than a bottom six player. But he's has the potential to be the kind of bottom six player we need.

Isn't that pretty much what Inkman said? And so does D'Agostini or any number of guys. There's nothing special about Corey Tropp. If the Sabres hadn't spent a late third-round pick on him years ago, you probably never would have heard of him.

Archived