Sabres waive Corey Tropp

Hoss

I wouldn't have traded Tropp for D'Agostini.

Thumbs down.

That's interesting. Wonder what the chatter would be like if we traded straight up for these guys.

Saw on Twitter that D'Agostini is going to play on a line with Leino and Ott.

Where does Ennis play?

Rochester?

I wouldn't have traded Tropp for D'Agostini.

Thumbs down.

Exactly. Extremely dumb move.

I was really hoping that this new regime would avoid the dumb moves that they attempt to excuse with delusion. Unfortunately not with Nolan's lame "he scored 21 goals in this league once, we're lucky to have him."

I can understand the people that are shrugging this off. It's not that HUGE of a deal. But it's a small negative. You're giving up a young player who may have a future in this league for a player who has no future and will be gone at the end of the year (if not before).

Exactly. Extremely dumb move.

I was really hoping that this new regime would avoid the dumb moves that they attempt to excuse with delusion. Unfortunately not with Nolan's lame "he scored 21 goals in this league once, we're lucky to have him."

How many goals would Corey Tropp ever score in the NHL?

Who cares, you are giving up a guy who is young, therefore he has "potential" and can be better then a scrub who was waived!

Tropp could be a superstar because no one knows what he will develop into, Darcy would have never given up on someone until they have known for a while that the player will not reach the potential he thought the player could be.

Of course the Sabres may have been looking at other attributes that D'Agostini could provide, like coaching/teaching some of the younger guys being familiar with Nolan and what Nolan wants to bring/teach these guys. But of course that could not outweigh what Corey Tropp brought to this team and could bring IF he developed into a superstar

Probably about as many, if not more, than D'Agostini will for the rest of his career. Which is all that matters. The impact they'll have for the rest of their careers.

Theres just as good of a chance that he scores less then D'Agostini

This is exactly why there was a problem with DR here, its the way he thought about all of his guys, you can't let any of them go because they could end up developing into something special.

They exchange a kid who could have a a marginal NHL career for a veteran having a marginal career with experience teaching kids and working with Nolan in his system.

I like Corey and his spunk, but we are in a rebuild.

How many guys like Tropp would we need. Might as well allow the players who are not part of the future to leave now.

I wish him well in Columbus.

Who cares, you are giving up a guy who is young, therefore he has "potential" and can be better then a scrub who was waived!

Um?

Did the Sabres not just release a scrub by way of waivers?

EDIT TO ADD:

Do you really think that Corey Tropp could develop into a superstar? Seriously, yikes.

8 points in 34 games as a rookie, energy abound. AHL 2 goals in 2 periods. Admittedly he's stats look crappy this year but what % of TOI was 4th line?

We've been calling for a player of this type for years. Energy, toughness, skill. Wrong guy to waive, especially at this point in his career.

Archived