The (Not Really) Darcy Regier appreciation thread

Hoss

Now that he's gone, we can finally appreciate the times that he WAS a part of here in Buffalo. So many hurt feelings and hate lately, but there were good times had while he was here. Thanks for a great run in the middle there.

We shall never forget that time you got a first for Gaustad.

EDIT: I changed the title for a more appropriate representation.

Oh come on. Thanks and appreciation of course. The guy gave his life to our cause (OK, that sounds goofy). He could have won multiple Cups. His flaws were numerous and he wasn't easy to know or frankly like.

Still, thanks and best wishes Darcy. Some sort of public recognition would be nice, but that would be hard to pull off. I really doubt Darcy would want to take a bow.

I'll say it again: the guy did make some brilliant trades. He really did. But what he did with respect to Briere was unforgivable enough, and starting two consecutive seasons with one NHL-quality center on the roster is almost criminal.

In 2006 Darcy Regier had the Chance to win a Stanley Cup. At the trade deadline he did not get the required depth defender we needed. Instead with our 1st overall pick he took Dennis Persson. We lost out to Carolina. So #### him for being a yes man and good riddance, I will never forgive him for this.

I'll say it again: the guy did make some brilliant trades. He really did. But what he did with respect to Briere was unforgivable enough, and starting two consecutive seasons with one NHL-quality center on the roster is almost criminal.

That was my biggest problem with him. You need to have good quality centers in order to be a winning team. After Drury & Briere left, Regier had a bunch of wingers with a good goalie, and that got us nowhere.

A perfect fit.......

To the curious. The inquisitive. The seekers of knowledge.

To the ones who just wanna know.

About life.

About the universe. About yourself.

Not cute questions.

Big questions, ones that matter.

To the rebels, the artists, the free thinkers and the innovators.

Who care less about labels and more about truth.

Who believe non-conformity is more than a bumper sticker.

That knowledge is more than words on a page.

You're young.

You're old.

You're powerful beyond measure and the fuel of that power is not magic or mysticism, but knowledge.

The things you see.

The things you feel.

The things you know to be true.

Sure, some will doubt you.

Let 'em.

Dare to think for yourself.

To look for yourself.

To make up your own mind.

Because in the eternal debate for answers, the one thing that's true is what's true for you.

Darcy had a 1998-1999 John Muckler team within one illegal goal of the Cup (or at least a shot in Game 7). He got lucky in 05-06, didn't capitalize in 06-07, and had been terrible since. He did parlay Barnaby into Barnes, who stole the show in the 99 playoffs. Made some good trades, but should have been fired years ago.

I just hope that he was allowed to drive home after practice before being told, as was what he did to Lindy last year.

Darcy had a 1998-1999 John Muckler team within one illegal goal of the Cup (or at least a shot in Game 7). He got lucky in 05-06, didn't capitalize in 06-07, and had been terrible since. He did parlay Barnaby into Barnes, who stole the show in the 99 playoffs. Made some good trades, but should have been fired years ago.

I just hope that he was allowed to drive home after practice before being told, as was what he did to Lindy last year.

I agree

Archived