All About Ted Nolan

Eleven

Anyone else having issues with NHL video? Regardless of the team, if it's coming from the NHL video server, it's borked on my end. And that's over 4 different computers, and I have FIOS.

Nevermind...if I turn the tracking back on, it works fine. Figures...NHL can't respect your privacy (pronounced "priv - eh - see").

Yeah. I need to turn ghostery off to watch anything.

This is also VERY good news for players like Ott and Moulson who seem to love the guy.

I think it is good news for Murray who has to recruit some free agents this summer and sign our up and coming young talent. Players definitely about which coaches they like and don't like amongst themselves...

My guess is that Nolan knows Pegula doesn't care about the Money, so he wants employment assurances that go beyond dollars and cents. He wants a guarantee that he will be the head coach for the entire 3 year period. The Lawyers are trying to figure out how to write that.

Maybe it's offset language that's still being negotiated?

I think he's getting players to play the way they need to. He's really helped Tyler Myers and to some degree lately Tyler Ennis. He's the perfect guy to have as our coach going forward in the interim. He's deserves the chance to watch this team grow. While the wins aren't there in leaps and bounds, we've got a much higher compete mentality since he's come back.

I'm looking at a Pens scenario. He'll get us close and then the new coach wins the cup.

I think that this is too close to the old bad Sabres thinking.

I prefer this line of Thinking: The only thing that matters is the crest and the city. As long as those things are in tact, I don't care who is on the team or in the organization when we win the cup, just win the cup.

I think Nolan is aware of all of this. I think his goal is to win it before they have a chance to hand the team to someone else. If you think he's pushing the players to play hard now, just wait until the team is competitive; I think you'll see him go to full crop.

giphy.gif

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

A contract that somehow prohibits the franchise from firing the coach? That would be a first, I think.

Your comment was my reaction as well.

TN is getting the guys to play better than they did with Rolston (who had no business coaching in the NHL when he was hired). Nevertheless, let's stop pretending that Ted is Scotty Bowman. We could do worse and we can do better.

If he signs an extension, I wish him all the best - yet, there should not be any guaranty in his contract that he remain as the head coach through the term of his contract. His history does not compel any such guaranty (in fact, the opposite).

If he does not sign the extension, I am ok with that as well.

Edited by Peter

I think he's getting players to play the way they need to. He's really helped Tyler Myers and to some degree lately Tyler Ennis. He's the perfect guy to have as our coach going forward in the interim. He's deserves the chance to watch this team grow. While the wins aren't there in leaps and bounds, we've got a much higher compete mentality since he's come back.

Don't forget, he's gotten something into Stafford too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.