Trade Ideas

thewookie1

Trade Miller(15%) to the Wild for their 2014 1st rounder, Dany Heatley (Cap dump), and their 2nd rounder in 2015

Trade Stafford to anyone for anything

FORWARDS

Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / Cody Hodgson ($4.250m) / Tyler Ennis ($2.813m)

Dany Heatley ($7.500m) / Marcus Foligno ($0.827m) / Steve Ott ($2.950m)

Zemgus Girgensons ($0.894m) / Mikhail Grigorenko ($0.925m) / Brian Flynn ($0.638m)

Johan Larsson ($0.763m) / Cody McCormick ($1.200m) / Ville Leino ($4.500m)

John Scott ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Tyler Myers ($5.500m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m)

Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Jamie McBain ($1.800m)

Mike Weber ($1.667m) / Rasmus Ristolainen ($0.925m)

Nikita Zadorov ($0.925m) / Mark Pysyk ($0.870m)

GOALTENDERS

Jhonas Enroth ($1.250m)

BUYOUTS

Nathan Gerbe (-$0.092m)

BURIED

Patrick Kaleta ($0.325m)

RETAINED SALARIES (4.86% of upper limit)

Jason Pominville ($0.795m—15.00%)

Thomas Vanek ($1.393m—19.50%)

Ryan Miller ($0.938m—15.00%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2013-11-12)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $3,205,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $11,232,608

Well played.

I think Miller's ultimate destination will be St. Louis. I think Halak will continue to struggle with health and his play won't continue at a super high level. We'll bring back Elliott as a pointless rental backup to Enroth before handing Hackett the keys to the backup spot next season. Or we'll bring Elliott back then deal him separately.

Something like a first, Elliott and a mid-level prospect. We eat a good chunk of Miller's salary.

As far as posting trade ideas goes: Moulson to any of the Rangers, Wild, Predators, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Stars or Kings for either a first or a solid prospect. There are between 10-15 fits for him so it could just come down to whoever offers the most.

Ott to Vancouver for a first sounds good to me.

Not that I'm defending the trade suggestion, but you do have to wonder if Harding's MS will eventually cause some trouble.

Definitely something to consider. Though my Dad has had MS for 30 years now, and from what've learned from him, the progression of MS can vary a lot from person-to-person. I've done some reading and almost evey person with MS lives in colder climates; not that those temps. are connected casually, but because hot temperatures, sickness, allergies (usually found in wet/hot places), trigger the immune system and therefore an MS attack. So living in Minnesota, and playing on ice might serve to help him some. Though I could be wrong

I think people will be disappointed with the return we get for Miller. There doesn't seem to be much of a market and when/if someone needs one they will be able to choose from Miller, Thomas, an Anaheim goalie or a wildcard. All of the other options will be cheaper than Miller.

I think people will be disappointed with the return we get for Miller. There doesn't seem to be much of a market and when/if someone needs one they will be able to choose from Miller, Thomas, an Anaheim goalie or a wildcard. All of the other options will be cheaper than Miller.

And all the other options will be worse.

I think Anaheim makes the most sense for Miller (now that Edmonton signed Bryzgalov). Hiller is a UFA and not playing well, while the offense carries them to wins. In the end they will realize they have a legitimate chance to win the cup and send Teemu out on top, and they will pay a fair price to acquire Miller knowing that they have a great chance to sign him longer term if the cap space is there.

Buffalo would take back Hiller (cap dump), and maybe Gibson? Or do you think that is too much? Obviously with Miller's UFA status it's still a risk to give up so much for a "rental" but I think we all know the story on Miller: wants to play out West, for a contending team. Check and check. If we can find some other interested teams and drum up a little bidding war maybe we can pull it off. Or even throw in some of our draft picks. I would suggest Makarov, but I think he could realistically become a NHL starter as well.

I had this really vivid dream last night where Vanek was traded to the 'Hawks for Kane. Then I became Vanek, and, for some reason, was playing for the Crapitals. And the arena was inside an arcade with a pool hall, and the metro stopped right in the dressing room.

You'll get a decent player and a second for Miller. Few will give you a first for a goalie with Miller's miles and age on him unless they're desperate.

Really, the best bet for the Sabres would be if Miller makes the olympic team and gets good playing time over there. If he can manage to look good with a much better team in front of him, his value will go up. You probably also have to root for an injured goalie or two later in the year .

I had this really vivid dream last night where Vanek was traded to the 'Hawks for Kane. Then I became Vanek, and, for some reason, was playing for the Crapitals. And the arena was inside an arcade with a pool hall, and the metro stopped right in the dressing room.

Less scotch before bed

Why do my vivid dreams always involve implied violence? I like oyurs better.

Less scotch before bed

Bourbon. Maybe that was my issue last night.

Archived