OT: SabreSpace Witch Hunt

nfreeman

I missed that. Can you flesh that out a bit?

I posted that I used to listen to him and Ted Darling during the Sabres early years with a radio under my pillow so my folks wouldn't catch me listening to games past my bedtime. He mentioned it on air. I then typed something about him painting a picture with words and he said something about it very shortly thereafter. The only other place I posted was on the NHL's chat room, but think I posted it here. Would have to go look.

P.S. I was 6 when the Sabres broke into the league became a fan of Gilbert Perrault et al. Still have a Northland Hockey Stick autographed by the 75 team and will never forget the bat Korab killed.

P.S. I remember that game against Ottawa. Couldn't believe they came back, made your head spin.

Joined this board in 2008, but lurked for a long time. Was an active poster on twobillsdrive way before then, mostly on the political part. Promo has been on both boards for a long time.

Did John Wawrow post here for a while?

I posted that I used to listen to him and Ted Darling during the Sabres early years with a radio under my pillow so my folks wouldn't catch me listening to games past my bedtime. He mentioned it on air. I then typed something about him painting a picture with words and he said something about it very shortly thereafter. The only other place I posted was on the NHL's chat room, but think I posted it here. Would have to go look.

P.S. I was 6 when the Sabres broke into the league became a fan of Gilbert Perrault et al. Still have a Northland Hockey Stick autographed by the 75 team and will never forget the bat Korab killed.

P.S. I remember that game against Ottawa. Couldn't believe they came back, made your head spin.

Joined this board in 2008, but lurked for a long time. Was an active poster on twobillsdrive way before then, mostly on the political part. Promo has been on both boards for a long time.

Not that I know of, Bill Hoppe did though. He didn't stay long.

Korab didn't kill the bat, Lorentz did. Never forget!!

Korab didn't kill the bat, Lorentz did. Never forget!!

I always thought it was Korab. Sorry, I was 11 at the time, but just looked it up. Hmm. Senility setting in.

I think you all know that the Sabres organization is working very hard to build a strong team.

Ah, there is one of the Sabres brass writing...

I found the video by the way. The quality is terrible after being spoiled with years of HD games, but it's still worth a watch (it might look a lot better on a mobile device if you can handle watching videos on your phone). My upload speed is pretty much bottom of the barrel so what I'll likely have to do is find a place to upload and let it sit overnight. Will post when I have a working link!

I found the video by the way. The quality is terrible after being spoiled with years of HD games, but it's still worth a watch (it might look a lot better on a mobile device if you can handle watching videos on your phone). My upload speed is pretty much bottom of the barrel so what I'll likely have to do is find a place to upload and let it sit overnight. Will post when I have a working link!

:thumbsup:

:P

thewookie1

You know, honestly it makes sense..... but I'm not DR.... if I were, I'd have listened to you guys by now.

The idea that there are Sabres reps among us is very likely, at very least they probably read a lot of the posts here and on the Sabres own forum. It's cheap and effective polling.

I wouldn't be surprised if a former Sabre has been on the site a few times solely to talk Sabres without the having to "be" the former player.

I'd also safely assume that there's many Sabres players that are Bills fans who have accounts on 2 Bills Drive. Seeing as how else would they talk about the Bills?

I would bet there are players and agents on here too. Especially agents. They are responsible for the public messaging for their product.

If I were a player, reading this board would likely be one of my guilty pleasures. I do really wonder who else reads it, agents, and whatnot. As far as stealing, or repackaging the ideas from here, it's perhaps a crazy coincidence that a new "Agent Provocateur," perfume is now available in stores. I'm actually a little upset that it isn't cologne...

Whoops! upon further investigation, it looks like I might be the one unintentionally stealing ideas (from agentprovocateur.com): "Founded in 1994, Agent Provocateur empowers women to celebrate and enjoy their sensuality. Offering lingerie, nightwear, swimwear, bedding, luggage and eyewear, Agent Provocateur believes in beautiful design and exceptional quality. Provocative, but always leaving something to the imagination, Agent Provocateur has a very British sense of style and humour."

Joke's on me, I guess.

If I were a player, reading this board would likely be one of my guilty pleasures. I do really wonder who else reads it, agents, and whatnot. As far as stealing, or repackaging the ideas from here, it's perhaps a crazy coincidence that a new "Agent Provocateur," perfume is now available in stores. I'm actually a little upset that it isn't cologne...

Whoops! upon further investigation, it looks like I might be the one unintentionally stealing ideas (from agentprovocateur.com): "Founded in 1994, Agent Provocateur empowers women to celebrate and enjoy their sensuality. Offering lingerie, nightwear, swimwear, bedding, luggage and eyewear, Agent Provocateur believes in beautiful design and exceptional quality. Provocative, but always leaving something to the imagination, Agent Provocateur has a very British sense of style and humour."

Joke's on me, I guess.

I really think the joke is on them ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

Now, that's you Yuri.

http://forums.sabres...8-lindy-at-103/

I apologize for not PM'ing, but in all seriousness this is one of my all-time favorite posts on this board. I wanted to share it with anyone inclined to harken back to when it really was a magical time to be a Sabres fan.

Someday we'll get back there.

If you hadn't posted it, I would have. The post was even more awesome for those who had the chance to read it fresh after the 7-6 game, after taking game 1 against the almighty Sens in perhaps the most exciting way possible. It really added to the excitement I felt that year, and I really thought we were going to win it all.

Archived