GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers 10/31/13 @ 7:00

JJFIVEOH

Sabres played pretty well against Dallas, finally showed some heart. Rangers won their last game 3-2 against the Islanders. Rangers have yet to win consecutive games this year, but are finally getting some home games after starting off with nine straight on the road.

Let's see if the Sabres can dress up like winners for Halloween!

I do have a question about the broadcast. It says on the schedule the game is on NHLNET-CA. I have AT&T U-Verse so I don't get NHL Network. I watch all my games on NHL Game Center. However, they don't air NHL Network games. I have never seen NHLNET-CA on a schedule before, only NHLNET. I would assume that means Canadian NHL Network but I wasn't aware there was such a thing. Am I correct in thinking that this game is only on in Canada so I should be getting the usual MSG broadcast on Game Center?

Sabres played pretty well against Dallas, finally showed some heart. Rangers won their last game 3-2 against the Islanders. Rangers have yet to win consecutive games this year, but are finally getting some home games after starting off with nine straight on the road.

Let's see if the Sabres can dress up like winners for Halloween!

I do have a question about the broadcast. It says on the schedule the game is on NHLNET-CA. I have AT&T U-Verse so I don't get NHL Network. I watch all my games on NHL Game Center. However, they don't air NHL Network games. I have never seen NHLNET-CA on a schedule before, only NHLNET. I would assume that means Canadian NHL Network but I wasn't aware there was such a thing. Am I correct in thinking that this game is only on in Canada so I should be getting the usual MSG broadcast on Game Center?

If I remember correctly, they previewed this game as an NHL Network game for Canadian viewers. My guess would be Game Center for you.

Gonna miss the first half of this one, gotta take the little one out for some candy. Not sure if I want to DVR the game and start from the beginning when I get back or just tune in when we're done.

Also, I'd love a hat trick from Larsson. I've been secretly begging for more offensive production out of him, though his game has certainly been on the incline of late.

BUF (2-11-1) at NYR (4-7-0) – OCT 31 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-AM

Game Preview: 10/31/13 at NY Rangers

Rangers get homestand started against Sabres

BUF's Ron Rolston addresses the media following Wednesday's practice

BUF's Marcus Foligno speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 63 Tyler Ennis

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 82 Marcus Foligno – 23 Ville Leino

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 65 Brian Flynn

8 Cody McCormick – 22 Johan Larsson – 21 Drew Stafford

X: 32 John Scott, 36 Patrick Kaleta

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk

20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers

4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

X: 61 Nikita Zadorov

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Power Play

First Unit

Moulson – Hodgson – Ennis

McBain – Ehrhoff

Second Unit

Leino/Grigorenko – Ott – Foligno

Myers – Pysyk/Ristolainen

NEW YORK RANGERS

Projected Lineup

20 Chris Kreider – 21 Derek Stepan – 36 Mats Zuccarello

62 Carl Hagelin – 19 Brad Richards ("A") – 67 Benoit Pouliot

22 Brian Boyle – 16 Derick Brassard – 10 J.T. Miller

14 Taylor Pyatt – 28 Dominic Moore – 15 Derek Dorsett

X: 40 Brandon Mashinter

27 Ryan McDonagh – 5 Dan Girardi ("A")

18 Marc Staal ("A") – 6 Anton Stralman

17 John Moore – 4 Michael Del Zotto

X: 44 Justin Falk

30 Henrik Lundqvist

33 Cam Talbot

HWBlinky1.gif Enjoy and be safe everybody

Thanks 26CB.

That roster listing has me wondering, has RR indicated if he will name another "A"?

You're quite welcome. He said in his presser yesterday that he was staying with Ott as C and Ehrhoff as the only A for now. He's waiting to see who else might emerge as a leader.

Both Rob Scuderi (Pittsburgh) and Mark Giordano (Calgary) are out for 6-8 weeks with broken ankles.

It's hard to see Calgary making a desperation trade for a defenseman. Pittsburgh is a possibility though.

However, I think it's more likely that RR didn't like Nikita's last couple of games and/or practices as much as the posters here did.

It's hard to see Calgary making a desperation trade for a defenseman. Pittsburgh is a possibility though.

However, I think it's more likely that RR didn't like Nikita's last couple of games and/or practices as much as the posters here did.

Ron also did this with Ristolainen and Grigorenko, so it's probably a part of the rookie immersion process as well.

Boy, Rags forward lineup look sjust as iffy as ours.

I watched them play the Isles. They're every bit as bad as Buffalo. This could be a 2-0 type game where the second goal is an empty netter.

So Zadorov is sitting... not sure I will be watching tonight then. Really wanted to see Zadorov for about 15-20mins in all situations.

Also CHZ! PIN!

You watch the games just to watch the development of one single player?? Your better than that Liger. So if he were to get sent down as you want you wouldn't watch at all?

Obviously this team has been a train wreck but I've liked their last three games. Maybe they're starting to slowly turn things around? Man how undervalued is Pysyk on this team? I'm just as guilty as everyone and never thought he'd be this good. He's rarely talked about as he's overshadowed by our two first round rookies from last year but this kid is still technically a rookie and man he's smooth. He doesn't throw the big hit and isn't overly flashy (which is why I guess he's rarely discussed) but boy he generally makes the smart decision and is a beautiful skater who can move the puck up ice.

You watch the games just to watch the development of one single player?? Your better than that Liger. So if he were to get sent down as you want you wouldn't watch at all?

Obviously this team has been a train wreck but I've liked their last three games. Maybe they're starting to slowly turn things around? Man how undervalued is Pysyk on this team? I'm just as guilty as everyone and never thought he'd be this good. He's rarely talked about as he's overshadowed by our two first round rookies from last year but this kid is still technically a rookie and man he's smooth. He doesn't throw the big hit and isn't overly flashy (which is why I guess he's rarely discussed) but boy he generally makes the smart decision and is a beautiful skater who can move the puck up ice.

I like Pysyk as well. He's very Teppo like on the ice.

GO SABRES!!!

I think in this mess of a season Pysyk has been pretty much universally admired.

It's just that we have too many other interesting ((in the Chinese curse sense) things to talk about.

As for for Z sitting, coach's decision is likely.

But if he and Risto are going to stick around, we are going to have to eventually trade a Dman.

I'll be watching to see how much ice time McBain gets.

Archived