GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers 10/31/13 @ 7:00

JJFIVEOH

I know they can't do anything about it but they can't be happy. Especially knowing that it most likely will get much worse before it gets better. It should be concerning to them.

A professional sports team should be obligated to do everything in their power to field the most competitive team possible. We are openly saying we are not going to do that. For what - better draft position. It's not right.

Actually, it is right. The Sabres have gone through mediocrity for years now directly because talent wasn't coming here. So, they are going to ensure talent comes here, via the draft.

Other organizations have gone through similiar process's. The Oilers come to the front most recently, but the Leafs, Boston and other clubs have as well.

Game thoughts:

* after three relatively decent efforts in a row, the first five minutes had me thinking we might have turned a corner.

* but no, the next 20 were as bad as anything we've seen in this bad season.

* Ennis had no possession time and was pushed off the puck any and every time it touched his stick.

* Moulson never had a chance to get to the net. Any time we were in the offensive zone he was too busy retrieving the puck, or covering the point. Work to your strengths guys.

* Hodgson was slow to react and soft on the puck. He looked like last year's Grigorenko.

* So much for that Dallas one-game glimpse of a first line.

* Grigorenko, however, is looking more comfortable. That line was our best tonight and could have passed for an intriguing third line on a team with defensively aware first and second lines.

* nowhere near early enough to pass judgment, and I love his try, but Larsson gives off a whiff of not enough speed, not enough talent.

* New York is not very good. Unless Nash and Callahan come back soon and make an impact, they will miss the playoffs.

* how could Darcy possibly be worried about losing McBain by putting him on waivers?

* I guess Nikita's lesson consisted of watching number four for lessons in how to not make an impact.

* I liked how Pysyk tried to push the offence at times. I hope he doesn't push too much and start to lose his poise.

* For a team with a coach who harps on details, the Sabres sure can't give or take a pass. Brutal.

* See above on making good shoot-ins. We shoot it in, they pass it out, like clockwork.

* how could any team questioning its goaltending not want to make a move for Ryan Miller?

Hey! Hey guys! Remember how certain posters were saying all summer how average Ryan Miller is? I just want to say the 11 games he has played thus far this season... totally proven that theory to be ######.

In all fairness, the Tampa and Dallas games were quite average.

Actually, it is right. The Sabres have gone through mediocrity for years now directly because talent wasn't coming here. So, they are going to ensure talent comes here, via the draft.

Other organizations have gone through similiar process's. The Oilers come to the front most recently, but the Leafs, Boston and other clubs have as well.

I am tired of hearing this. These teams were in the position to have high draft picks because they were MISMANAGED. They then made management changes and with draft picks, trades, and FA they rebuilt.

These teams never did what we are doing. They didn't have a GM run them into being the worse team in the league and then allow that same GM to rebuild it. Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc never had a plan to tank and then rebuild.

I am tired of hearing this. These teams were in the position to have high draft picks because they were MISMANAGED. They then made management changes and with draft picks, trades, and FA they rebuilt.

These teams never did what we are doing. They didn't have a GM run them into being the worse team in the league and then allow that same GM to rebuild it. Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc never had a plan to tank and then rebuild.

So you know the feeling.

The point I am making had nothing to do with the same ole DR rhetoric. It's that people continue to compare us to Boston, Pittsburgh, etc. It's an entirely different scenario.

Yeah, they were way worse. At leas the Pens and Leafs were.

Game thoughts:

* after three relatively decent efforts in a row, the first five minutes had me thinking we might have turned a corner.

* but no, the next 20 were as bad as anything we've seen in this bad season.

* Ennis had no possession time and was pushed off the puck any and every time it touched his stick.

* Moulson never had a chance to get to the net. Any time we were in the offensive zone he was too busy retrieving the puck, or covering the point. Work to your strengths guys.

* Hodgson was slow to react and soft on the puck. He looked like last year's Grigorenko.

* So much for that Dallas one-game glimpse of a first line.

* Grigorenko, however, is looking more comfortable. That line was our best tonight and could have passed for an intriguing third line on a team with defensively aware first and second lines.

* nowhere near early enough to pass judgment, and I love his try, but Larsson gives off a whiff of not enough speed, not enough talent.

* New York is not very good. Unless Nash and Callahan come back soon and make an impact, they will miss the playoffs.

* how could Darcy possibly be worried about losing McBain by putting him on waivers?

* I guess Nikita's lesson consisted of watching number four for lessons in how to not make an impact.

* I liked how Pysyk tried to push the offence at times. I hope he doesn't push too much and start to lose his poise.

* For a team with a coach who harps on details, the Sabres sure can't give or take a pass. Brutal.

* See above on making good shoot-ins. We shoot it in, they pass it out, like clockwork.

* how could any team questioning its goaltending not want to make a move for Ryan Miller?

Change the names and you have a post-Bills game commentary.Its spooky.

While I'm not "tire of hearing" Regier is intentionally doing this, I chuckle when fans groan about the current set of circumstances.

It is specifically due to your aforementioned mismanagement that the Sabres organization find themselves in the position they are in now.

What? Did you honestly believe they got here by luck?

While Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc never had a plan to tank then rebuild, they all did none-the-less.

Four pages and half the posts aren't even talking about the game itself.

This is the rest of the season, isn't it?

most likely dudacek.

But then again, if you caught the game, was there really much to speak about besides Miller being peppered again with over 40 shots.

Change the names and you have a post-Bills game commentary.Its spooky.

BAZINGA!

I love it, and your right. Funny ###### right there, also a sad face moment as a Buffalo sports fan......

Archived