Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

Watching now, may be buying his jersey if he resigns as the Isles are my second fave team

Wild were always my second favorite team which is why I want a Pominville jersey. Been a Sabre fan since I was young, but never really understood the game until I was about eight. So in my life as a real fan, Pommer was my favorite and now he's there.

Vanek went for the big hit on his first shift. Nice to see... a little late.

Edited by DStebb

Vanek could of milked the Sabres and Darcy of a big contract to finish up his career, I give him credit for wanting to be somewhere where winning is going to be more important to him than being paid more money.

It's hard to believe Miller doesn't want to go too. I'm sure he'd like to play for a team with a chance of a Cup win, vs sweating it out in Buffalo and watching his prime physical years evaporate fruitlessly, and be squandered on and for a team that will be at or near the bottom of the division for the foreseeable future.

It's hard to believe Miller doesn't want to go too. I'm sure he'd like to play for a team with a chance of a Cup win, vs sweating it out in Buffalo and watching his prime physical years evaporate fruitlessly, and be squandered on and for a team that will be at or near the bottom of the division for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure Miller wants out just as much but there's two BIG differences between Vanek and Miller: Vanek isn't a goaltender and didn't have a NTC.

hmm, what were you seeing?

He's already had at least for scoring chances. It's like he sees the game slower. He doesn't just tip pucks that are shot by NHL players, he actually aims them. It's pretty sick.

Also, his game in the defensive zone is very under-appreciated.

Friend of mine inside Nassau Coliseum reports fans are already down on Vanek, yelling, "Go back to Buffalo!" She said he looks soft and tired. It'll be interesting to see how Vanek deals with a New York crowd. These guys have it pretty good in Buffalo, all things considered.

Friend of mine inside Nassau Coliseum reports fans are already down on Vanek, yelling, "Go back to Buffalo!" She said he looks soft and tired. It'll be interesting to see how Vanek deals with a New York crowd. These guys have it pretty good in Buffalo, all things considered.

Sheesh! :doh:

I think it was Rob Ray on the pre-game yesterday that said, directly, that Vanek's conditioning will have to get up to speed for him to play like they'll expect him to on the Islanders.

I think it was Rob Ray on the pre-game yesterday that said, directly, that Vanek's conditioning will have to get up to speed for him to play like they'll expect him to on the Islanders.

Vanek is to islanders as Torres is to Sabres.

:w00t:

He always looked soft and tired. Welcome to NY TV.

Not a big fan of the "protected pick." It makes it more difficult to move at the trade deadline, if the Sabres were so inclined. I would like to see the 2nd round pick upgraded to a 1st if the Islanders defer the #1 to next season.

It doesn't really matter. It's a "win-win" for the Sabres. If it's not top 10 this year then they get a first rounder this year. If it is top 10 then it moves to a "stronger" draft next year. I think the chances of them trading the pick at the deadline are about 5% anyways, so who really cares?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.