Embarrassed to be from Buffalo

shoretalk

I'll just reiterate what I've read an thought. ###### the Bruins, ###### the NHL and ###### everyone who is crying foul over this BS. I didn't hear any of these asshats coming to any Sabres defense when they were illegally hit (where do I even start, Drury, Pominville, Vanek, Miller) or wronged by anyone.

late to the party but well said.

I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to be from Buffalo. I agree with Ink's sentiment, along with several others here. I'm proud of the fact that after 20+ years I've stuck with my teams thru all of their hardships and successes, and I'm proud of the blue collar way of life. It'll make it that much sweeter when we reach the promised land and finally win it all.

I think I'm embarrassed that you're from Buffalo. Please, don't tell a lot of people, ok?

I'm still laughing at this. Still.

... Still.

I got all the way to "sub shop"

And this is keeping me going.

I think regulars around here owe it to ourselves, the franchise, the city, and the world (especially the children) to keep this thread atop the conversation feed.

Bump Away!

I hate the losing but don't mind the thuggery attached to Buffalo teams. Buffalo teams should be a bunch of thugs. Skilled thugs. That's what it takes to win in today's sports. As long as there's no serious injuries, I enjoy Buffalo beating up on other teams. Otherwise it'll be the other way around. But you have to get guys who can take care of themselves first AND play and that's something Regier doesn't understand; he's light in the loafers himself. In today's game, you have to be part thug to survive.

This is fun. The next step is the rash of fans who will begin to disown the Sabres and declare themselves done for good. That's happened a lot over the past decade over at TSW, and I've always been a proponent of throwing the lifetime ban on any poster who starts a new thread declaring that they are done with the team forever.

This is fun. The next step is the rash of fans who will begin to disown the Sabres and declare themselves done for good. That's happened a lot over the past decade over at TSW, and I've always been a proponent of throwing the lifetime ban on any poster who starts a new thread declaring that they are done with the team forever.

I can't wait until posters chime in and say they'll never post here again and have their name deactivated... only to come back a few months later.

Not posting much these days kinda like Labatt keeping very busy with the family.

I am still lurking, reading and enjoying the regulars(good stuff guys') never quiting on Buffalo or my favorite teams. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Give me a freaking break already with this whole freaking pity party crap. And you know what, Fck Boston and every other team that chooses to rail on Buffalo because of John Scott and his never before suspended record. Milbury and everyone else can stick it up their ass because I didn't hear squat when Lucic ran our GOALIE or Neil cracked open Captain Drury or when Gerbe was railroaded or Vanek was tripped into the boards. Waaaaa Waaaaa, so sick of this John Scott thing already

I think I owe you a beer some day.

Last night's "incident" was more than John Scott sliding across the ice without thinking before slamming the head of Lou Eriksson in such a violent manner that it is not just hockey fans who are talking about the Buffalo Sabres in their conversations around the water cooler today here in New Jersey. They did not have to listen to or watch Milbury's post game rant ... they just had to hear the word hockey before turning to me and saying 'you're from Buffalo, what's wrong with your team?' From my morning coffee stop where the woman knows I am a Buffalo native and 'fan' of our sports teams who commented 'my husband was talking this morning about some goon who should be kicked out of hockey who plays for YOUR team Dave" to a conversation I overheard at the sub shop at lunch as the behind the counter guys overhearing the noon sports report on tv saying that Scott's hit is reflective of Buffalo because they are all losers up there (They did not know me or where I was from.). Terry Pegula's failure to take care of the Darcy mess, which subsequently has led to the Rolston mess, which created the Scott fiasco has those of us who are both hockey fans and expatriates embarrassed to admit we are from Buffalo NY. Never in all of the miserable days as a Buffalo Bills' fan have I regretted being from Buffalo or a fan of either the Bills or the Sabres. As a youthful teenager who had experienced the excitement of Buffalo Bison hockey and who watched Toronto TV every Wednesday and Saturday to catch an NHL game I was thrilled when we were awarded a franchise with Vancouver. Punch getting Perrault was a bonus and we witnessed what a good coach and management could do with a brand new team ... create a winner. Through the years we have lived through ups and downs but the image of the Buffalo Sabres has primarily been reflective of the city ... hard working team whose work ethic exceeded the talent but whose product was worth watching. Yes, we have had enforcers some like Barnaby at times may have pushed the button but there was still a sense that that Sabres were a skating team. Yes we had the Regis scandal but their misdeeds did not cast shadows over Buffalonians. And, after Tom's rescue of the team was over and Pegula put his fracked money in place ... we had hopes because we were promised that a winner would be established here ... money was no object; free agents would be coming to hockey heaven (Of course, those of us who had watched the team's drafts and interactions with other teams had questions in our mind about our general manager but maybe just maybe Darcy knew his stuff but it was money that held him back. After all, Pegula said the right things ... this owner would be present and wanted his team and ours to win.). But no! Yes, it might have been time to fire Lindy (I personally will always be a Lindy Ruff fan but almost every coach eventually has to be moved along because today's players for some unknown reason won't keep answering to the same guy year after year.) but if the dismal performance of the 2012-2013 Sabres was to be addressed than the man who "built" the failure of a team should have been let go so that 'our' Sabres could have a new beginning. But no! Makes one wonder what photographs are in Darcy's possession because Darcy Regier's ideal hockey player is a player with a strong skill set but one with a low running motor and absolutely no record of playing with intensity (Just, look at his draft picks, free ageny acquisitions, and trades.) with many of his type of player being either very small or very tall. When the leadership voice of a team announces to fans and therefore to players that they will have to suffer for two years or more ... then how can anyone expect any player to put out 100% much less play to a higher level when his general manager says that his and his teammates abilities can only lead to suffering. A leader of a sports team ... a leader of men ... can admit to not having the best experienced talent but should tell fans 'We may not have the skilled veterans other teams have in their line-ups but our players will outplay them, out hit them, out shoot them, and surprise many teams as we build a winning tradition for years to come.' A simple use of words ... but then again we had an interim coach and when the season was over all of us expected a hunt for a top notch coach to lead us into the future ... Patrick Roy's name was mentioned amongst others but rather than bring them in to town Darcy keeps Rolston. And, here we sit .. the worst team in the league by far with only two quality veterans both of whom Darcy is trying to deal away from us and maybe two quality teenagers who are learning about NHL hockey from a coach, general manager and teammates dedicated to getting by. And, then we have our theory of the game ... send the enforcer out; don't bother giving our young kids extra minutes to skate and shoot ... no, put the enforcer out and watch as he takes Buffalo's image down even lower than it had been. This has been a long day of not even trying to defend the name of a city that I love ... I had planned to purchase some new Sabres' gear this year (not the odious third jersey) but not any longer. I urge season ticket holders to at the very least stay in the hallway for the first five minutes of every game (You won't be missing anything anyhow.). Wear the old New Orleans' 'AIN'TS' paperbag headgear and leave your Sabres' gear at home until changes are made. I would love to see pickets outside First Niagara ... DARCY must go .. ROLSTON needs to be fired but not before Darcy. We need an aggressive winning attitude from both our general manager and head coach ... we need to have the league talking about the non-stop fire in the belly Sabres whose talent might not be playoff worthy but whose approach to the game might just surprise a lot of teams while also teaching our younger players that giving 100% plus each game is how you become a champion.

I'm embarrassed for you.....Not because you are from Buffalo, but because you're and Idiot!!!

Archived