Embarrassed to be from Buffalo

shoretalk

Give me a freaking break already with this whole freaking pity party crap. And you know what, Fck Boston and every other team that chooses to rail on Buffalo because of John Scott and his never before suspended record. Milbury and everyone else can stick it up their ass because I didn't hear squat when Lucic ran our GOALIE or Neil cracked open Captain Drury or when Gerbe was railroaded or Vanek was tripped into the boards. Waaaaa Waaaaa, so sick of this John Scott thing already

My feelings exactly

I have had the misfortune of being a buffalo fan my whole life, but i wouldn't have it any other way and I'm proud to be a fan. GO BUFFALO

....water cooler today here in New Jersey. They did not have to listen to or watch Milbury's post game rant ... they just had to hear the word hockey before turning to me and saying 'you're from Buffalo, what's wrong with your team?' From my morning coffee stop where the woman knows I am a Buffalo native and 'fan' of our sports teams who commented 'my husband was talking this morning about some goon who should be kicked out of hockey who plays for YOUR team Dave"

Do you live in a book or a 1960s tv show btw?

I'm not from Buffalo and I'm not ashamed of my Sabres nor of the city of Buffalo. Nor of the People. I'm sorry you feel that way. Nor am I ashamed of being a fan. How can someone judge a whole region and by extension the people of that place, that grew up there and raised families there sometimes through generations. How can someone take this one hockey situation. This one play gone bad and judge someone and someplace by it ? I don't get it. Another thing I heard alot of today on sport talk radio was people from all walks apparently feeling the need to call in and chastise John Scott and verbally attack his character like he was hannibal Lector and repeatedly say he's a thug and the dirtiest player. No one mentioned that aside from hockey and intimidation and fighting this was not a dirty player. He'd never been suspended and up til that point this season he had around 6 penalty minutes. He fights and he generally lives by the code amongst fighters. I am really quite surprised by the vitriol thrown Johns way today considering how busy Shannahan has been this season. How is John Scotts different then all of the others ? Some of these incidents were worse imo so why the overwhelming hatred for John Scott and by extension the sabres?

I'm not from Buffalo and I'm not ashamed of my Sabres nor of the city of Buffalo. Nor of the People. I'm sorry you feel that way. Nor am I ashamed of being a fan. How can someone judge a whole region and by extension the people of that place, that grew up there and raised families there sometimes through generations. How can someone take this one hockey situation. This one play gone bad and judge someone and someplace by it ? I don't get it. Another thing I heard alot of today on sport talk radio was people from all walks apparently feeling the need to call in and chastise John Scott and verbally attack his character like he was hannibal Lector and repeatedly say he's a thug and the dirtiest player. No one mentioned that aside from hockey and intimidation and fighting this was not a dirty player. He'd never been suspended and up til that point this season he had around 6 penalty minutes. He fights and he generally lives by the code amongst fighters. I am really quite surprised by the vitriol thrown Johns way today considering how busy Shannahan has been this season. How is John Scotts different then all of the others ? Some of these incidents were worse imo so why the overwhelming hatred for John Scott and by extension the sabres?

I think it is a Boston and Leave thing, those seem to be the most frequent sources of the vitriol. So I guess I understand the reasoning, but again there is a big Big Black Pot out there needing an introduction to the Kettle.

I've had a rant every now and then about being a BFLO fan, but if I'm going to give up following a BFLO team it will be because I've lost interest in the sport.

But to proclaim embarrassment about being a BFLO native BECAUSE of a sports team is absurd.

I'll just reiterate what I've read an thought. ###### the Bruins, ###### the NHL and ###### everyone who is crying foul over this BS. I didn't hear any of these asshats coming to any Sabres defense when they were illegally hit (where do I even start, Drury, Pominville, Vanek, Miller) or wronged by anyone.

I'll just reiterate what I've read an thought. ###### the Bruins, ###### the NHL and ###### everyone who is crying foul over this BS. I didn't hear any of these asshats coming to any Sabres defense when they were illegally hit (where do I even start, Drury, Pominville, Vanek, Miller) or wronged by anyone.

Amen.

'you're from Buffalo, what's wrong with your team?'

You are certainly a product on the Buffalo School system aren't you now? I was going to quote your whole post but that would be punishment.

Hang in there. The Bills are on the rise and are something to look forward to. Although I'm not certain about this Sunday. The Sabres, well ya. What's wrong with your team??

I just don't understand how you can be so ignorant! Don't you see? The difference is Scott is out there on the ice only to INJURE everyone. That's why he has injured 0 people before with hits. That's why he has been suspended 0 times before. Oh...wait

###### the bruins

Give me a freaking break already with this whole freaking pity party crap. And you know what, Fck Boston and every other team that chooses to rail on Buffalo because of John Scott and his never before suspended record. Milbury and everyone else can stick it up their ass because I didn't hear squat when Lucic ran our GOALIE or Neil cracked open Captain Drury or when Gerbe was railroaded or Vanek was tripped into the boards. Waaaaa Waaaaa, so sick of this John Scott thing already

Absolutely agree!

OP,

Wow. See a therapist. I grew up in Hamburg. Left there in 1982. I've been a Sabres fan for over 35 years. I always will be proud to be from there,

I'm not sure what caused me to stop reading the OP's comments first - the fact there were no paragraphs, or that fact that when he referred to "enforcers" he used Barnaby as the example.

Really? Korab, Schony, Playfair, and Ray, and you went with The Rat? Oy.

OP, if it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure Buffalo is more embarrassed of you. If you get butt-hurt over what a couple of guidos in a deli in New Jersey think of your team, it might be time find another team. Just sayin'...

So my self-worth should take a hit because a guy named John Scott hit another guy on another Hockey team, neither of which I've ever encountered, during a game??

Get a grip dude. You should probably turn the TV off and step outside for a while. Also, lose this website address.

Ya see, this is why the fans keep coming to this forum. That's some funny stuff right there.

To the OP: sorry. No sympathy here. If so much of your self worth is tied up in your favorite sports teams, it's time to re-evaluate. The Sabres could go winless the rest of the season, as could the Bills and, while disappointing, it won't make me any less proud of my hometown. Wouldn't impact my life at all.

GO SABRES!!!

This x 1,000,000,000,000

Archived