Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Corey Pronman's Mock Draft at ESPN Insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...nhl-draft-2014

2. Buffalo Sabres: Sam Reinhart, C, Kootenay (WHL)

DOB: 11/6/95 | Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 183

Buffalo has some good centers in its organization -- Cody Hodgson, Tyler Ennis, Zemgus Girgensons and Mikhail Grigorenko -- but given that centers are the most valuable players on the board, an upgrade down the middle is likely imminent for the Sabres. Reinhart would add elite hockey IQ to the organization, with Bennett being the alternative option. I do think that Ekblad remains a real possibility -- even with the Sabres' barren offense -- should Florida opt for another player.

My position remains the same, and likely will remain the same, right up until (and after) the draft: I'm fine with Ekblad as long as it is accompanied by a trade for a young 1st line forward. If that accompanying trade does not happen, I think taking Ekblad delays this team's ascension to contender status.

Panthers Draft Insider

Director of Scouting Scott Luce takes us behind the scenes as the Cats prepare for the 2014 Draft.

With the 2014 NHL Draft in Philadelphia under a month away (June 27-28), and the Cats holding the first overall pick, FloridaPanthers.com caught up with longtime Panthers Director of Scouting, Scott Luce, to find out how the team is preparing for the big weekend.

I'll have to wait for GoDD's physical breakdown of Ekblad before commenting. Ghost checks their teeth and everything.

GO SABRES!!!

I know you are 62% FOS, but anyhow....if anyone knows a good site to at least see pictures of these guys, let me know. I'm spoiled by the NFL.

From what I have seen....this crew is physically inferior from last year. I mean....a lot of these guys are awkwardly built and look like muscled up boys. Last year a kid like Nikushkin looked like Ivan Drago.

Ekblad isn't bad at all from just appearance....but he's still a little asymmetrical. Strong neck and good build, but just not that deep chest that triggers me to believe elite athlete. For a big wingspan, his shoulder isn't wide.

Reinhart is decent for his stature. Looks more ready than Bennett.

Draisaitl.....don't touch him on looks alone.

Dal Cole....ok, and probably the most symmetric of the top 5. Still....I saw 5 guys in the top 15 last year that were clearly beautiful physical beings...all better than this crew. That's why if anyone has a good source, let me know.

I know you are 62% FOS, but anyhow....if anyone knows a good site to at least see pictures of these guys, let me know. I'm spoiled by the NFL.

From what I have seen....this crew is physically inferior from last year. I mean....a lot of these guys are awkwardly built and look like muscled up boys. Last year a kid like Nikushkin looked like Ivan Drago.

Ekblad isn't bad at all from just appearance....but he's still a little asymmetrical. Strong neck and good build, but just not that deep chest that triggers me to believe elite athlete. For a big wingspan, his shoulder isn't wide.

Reinhart is decent for his stature. Looks more ready than Bennett.

Draisaitl.....don't touch him on looks alone.

Dal Cole....ok, and probably the most symmetric of the top 5. Still....I saw 5 guys in the top 15 last year that were clearly beautiful physical beings...all better than this crew. That's why if anyone has a good source, let me know.

Only 62%? That hurts, man.

GO SABRES!!!

Seriously Dwight, I love your horse trader takes on prospects.

Completely outside my usual thought process and a nice tool to add to the tool belt...

...kinda like analytics.

(I've seen a lot of combine video floating around the net, so maybe NHL.com)

Edited by dudacek

Only 62%? That hurts, man.

GO SABRES!!!

;)

Seriously Dwight, I love your horse trader takes on prospects.

Completely outside my usual thought process and a nice tool to add to the tool belt...

...kinda like analytics.

(I've seen a lot of combine video floating around the net, so maybe NHL.com)

I didn't see anything much.....I don't need to see guys riding the soccer mom unicycle. I just want to see raw meat. When I get a shot I can dig a little deeper.

The Ekblad talk is interesting. My take: If they really, really like him, then they should take him. Especially if they like him more than, say, Risto or Zadorov. They can always move a top-D prospect for a top forward prospect/player.

This is fine conceptually, but what really gives me pause is...when was the last time this happened? I refuse to believe there's never a top prospect for top prospect trade that makes sense...yet it doesn't happen. Leads me to believe that GMs don't trade their top guys. Maybe Murray is perfectly open to doing so, but as they say, it takes two.

This is fine conceptually, but what really gives me pause is...when was the last time this happened? I refuse to believe there's never a top prospect for top prospect trade that makes sense...yet it doesn't happen. Leads me to believe that GMs don't trade their top guys. Maybe Murray is perfectly open to doing so, but as they say, it takes two.

There was a hotly discussed one between Buffalo and Vancouver not too long ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.