Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Common journalism technique to keep readers interested.

With many other things, yes, but doubtful with a mock draft. The NHL isn't as big on mock drafts, and the only thing most fans will want to see is Buffalo's pick. So revealing 14 other installments before getting to what the reader actually wants is silly.

With many other things, yes, but doubtful with a mock draft. The NHL isn't as big on mock drafts, and the only thing most fans will want to see is Buffalo's pick. So revealing 14 other installments before getting to what the reader actually wants is silly.

There's always an opportunity to express your sentiments to Kris Baker.

I was a tooth pick and I couldn't do a pull up until college...

Same here. I graduated a buck thirty with pipe cleaners for arms. I bulked up in college (put on Freshman 30 and then junior 30). Don't think I can do one now being 42, 210 lbs and haven't lifted a weight in a decade.

I was a tooth pick and I couldn't do a pull up until college...

now I can do 10-15...but I always start my workouts with pullups. If I were to do them anywhere else in my workout routine, I'd probably get 5 maybe 8 max.

The tooth picks were usually the kids who could do the most. The kid in my high school class who had the most pull ups was the scrawniest kid in the class. If you don't have any weight, it's easy to pull yourself up.

There's always an opportunity to express your sentiments to Kris Baker.

So I'm not allowed to just air my thoughts here about written content like everybody else because it's Baker? I prefer him to just about any other Sabres media. The content isn't the issue. The unveiling is.

So I'm not allowed to just air my thoughts here about written content like everybody else because it's Baker? I prefer him to just about any other Sabres media. The content isn't the issue. The unveiling is.

Nobody said you couldn't. Fire away. Just not that big of a deal IMO.

Never saw this posted (probably because it's ESPN and an Insider article), but Craig Custance says:

I can tell you with an absolute certainty that the Sabres want to get at least one more first-round pick in this year’s draft. How they go about doing it is another story. I’d consider packaging the second-round picks into a first rounder, but it would depend on where in the first round we’re talking. I know some teams have conversion tables, which weigh what each pick is worth and whether it makes sense to swap later picks for earlier picks.

The more likely path would be GM Tim Murray continuing his rebuild of the team by trading one of his current roster players to get another first-round pick. One player to watch is defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, who is a steal at $4 million per season. This free-agent class isn’t particularly deep on defense (or anywhere), so he’ll be a target for GMs looking to upgrade their top four. Teams calling will have to make it worth Buffalo’s risk of being hit with a cap recapture penalty, but the risk of a penalty won’t stop the Sabres from trading him if the price is right.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/post?id=2994

I'd do Ehrhoff and the MIN/WIN seconds to Edmonton for pick three.

Don't think I'd move Him for anything lower than four though, unless it was part of a deal that sent another piece our way.

Edited by dudacek

Ehrhoff would likely veto a trade to Edmonton. Myers would have to be the D man moved if #3 is the goal.

Then I hope Murray walks away. Not sure Ehrhoff would, though. He seems to want to move on, and he could be thinking that he can be a piece that helps move Edmonton to the playoffs.

I could do multiple pull ups when youngish but we called them chin ups ? I know. Must be a Canadian thing. Since my first rotator cuff injury I haven't tried one. Why would you ? Anyways, there are other exercises that would prolly work the same muscle group. I could care less about this kids ability to do the ahem, chin up. Its the desire to improve on something he's not so good at that worries me. Despite his stats there will be things that need improvement in the N.H.L. Does he absolutely burn up inside to be the best ? Thats what concerns me.

I could do multiple pull ups when youngish but we called them chin ups ? I know. Must be a Canadian thing. Since my first rotator cuff injury I haven't tried one. Why would you ? Anyways, there are other exercises that would prolly work the same muscle group. I could care less about this kids ability to do the ahem, chin up. Its the desire to improve on something he's not so good at that worries me. Despite his stats there will be things that need improvement in the N.H.L. Does he absolutely burn up inside to be the best ? Thats what concerns me.

We called them chin ups and pull ups. Seem interchangeable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.