Worst team in Franchise History

papazoid

So what does everybody think our final record will be? Or at least how many wins?

I was looking at the schedule to see just how long of a shot it is that this team could make the playoffs. If they went 36-18-18 the rest of the way they'd barely make the playoffs if at all hahaha. Brutal.

I'll put the final record at 24-45-13.

To make the playoffs, you only have to average 12 points every 10 games. The good guys picked up 3 this past round. The math is not favorable at this time.

To make the playoffs, you only have to average 12 points every 10 games. The good guys picked up 3 this past round. The math is not favorable at this time.

12 points every 10 games is about 97 points. So that's not true, because the bottom of the playoffs is generally around 92-94. But I get your point.

Somewhere around 19-51-12. I see them in the 50-60 pt range.

Sounds about right. I see anywhere between 50-70 points.

Yep 36 tickets at $23 a pop available right now.

I'm sure glad I didn't waste a dime on that garbage. I saw the game on TV... those first 2 periods were some of the worst I've ever seen them play. And while they played better in the first 17 minutes of the 3rd, or at least, it looked like they were playing better - maybe just because Colorado wasn't trying? At any rate, any of those good and positive feelings were negated by the last 3 minutes with an empty net and a 2 man advantage - the Avalanche apparently started trying again, and kept repeatedly clearing the puck out of their zone - Buffalo couldn't even keep it in!

<------------- No worries .. It'll be too cold for fire....

I also just want to add that if the Bills or Sabres ever win a championship, we will all be too busy dodging flaming boulders falling from the sky and giant cracks opening up in the earth to find something to complain about.

So what does everybody think our final record will be? Or at least how many wins?

I was looking at the schedule to see just how long of a shot it is that this team could make the playoffs. If they went 36-18-18 the rest of the way they'd barely make the playoffs if at all hahaha. Brutal.

I'll put the final record at 24-45-13.

I already said 89pts so I gotta stick with that. If I had to backtrack...

if you extrapolate out they should get 24-25pts over the course of the season. That seems very low but I could honestly picture them going 23 - 48 - 11 for 57pts... at this rate it seems highly probable.

I thought the stats released today that Ronnie has 8, count them 8 regulation wins (ROW) in 41 tries was pretty telling. I didn't like the hire when it was made, and I definitely don't see anything redeeming in his style of play to change my original opinion.

I do look forward to ROW #9 though. Feels like Florida might be their best chance. In years past, the Sabres seem to play better against the Beantown Bullies. So maybe they squeak a point out of Bahstan before they go on their Florida swing.

Imagine a 3 point week.. Baby steps.

Edited by wjag

I thought the stats released today that Ronnie has 8, count them 8 regulation wins (ROW) in 41 tries was pretty telling. I didn't like the hire when it was made, and I definitely don't see anything redeeming in his style of play to change my original opinion.

I do look forward to ROW #9 though. Feels like Florida might be their best chance. In years past, the Sabres seem to play better against the Beantown Bullies. So maybe they squeak a point out of Bahstan before they go on their Florida swing.

Part of the plan for high picks. ;)

Does anybody else think Ted Black sounds ridiculous when he speaks? He is the most delusional, sensitive, aggressive person you will ever hear on the radio. Can you imagine what it was like to have him as a kid in your neighborhood, I'm taking my ball home now tommy.

He's a smart guy. I think he's a good guy.

I agree, though, that he needlessly gets into dust-ups with members of the media. It was weird what happened with Simon last week -- stiff-arming Simon on the "would it be a panic move to fire Darcy at this point" question (a valid one - a good one), condescending with the "draw your own conclusions" based on what he'd just said nonsense, telling Simon to move on, then circling back and saying he hoped he hadn't hurt their friendship.

Just, weird.

A suggestion on how to answer that question, Ted: "I'm just not going to answer your question the way it's stated. It's not a fair question. It's slanted and it's loaded. I've said that Darcy and his department have done a terrific job in creating a vision for the future and putting it into place to this point in time, I said that Darcy has Terry's full confidence, and that everyone in management agrees that we can't and won't panic by compromising the long-term vision for a near-term fix. That's it."

It's too late for baby steps.

Does anybody else think Ted Black sounds ridiculous when he speaks? He is the most delusional, sensitive, aggressive person you will ever hear on the radio. Can you imagine what it was like to have him as a kid in your neighborhood, I'm taking my ball home now tommy.

THREE TIMES (at least) he has answered the "Are the Sabres better off now than they were when Terry took over?" question by saying, "Yes, we're that many days closer to winning our first Cup."

Haha. "The math is not favorable at this time."

Is the Magic 8 ball still taking questions?

GO SABRES!!!

I agree, though, that he needlessly gets into dust-ups with members of the media. It was weird what happened with Simon last week -- stiff-arming Simon on the "would it be a panic move to fire Darcy at this point" question (a valid one - a good one), condescending with the "draw your own conclusions" based on what he'd just said nonsense, telling Simon to move on, then circling back and saying he hoped he hadn't hurt their friendship.

Just, weird.

A suggestion on how to answer that question, Ted: "I'm just not going to answer your question the way it's stated. It's not a fair question. It's slanted and it's loaded. I've said that Darcy and his department have done a terrific job in creating a vision for the future and putting it into place to this point in time, I said that Darcy has Terry's full confidence, and that everyone in management agrees that we can't and won't panic by compromising the long-term vision for a near-term fix. That's it."

Whats funny about your suggestion on what his answer should have been is that I, you or anyone else on this board could have laid out the current vision and implemented it. Its so damn simple. Just lose. Whats even funnier is that if Darcy sticks around to see it through chances are he will be lauded for it in the end. CRAZY !

Whats funny about your suggestion on what his answer should have been is that I, you or anyone else on this board could have laid out the current vision and implemented it. Its so damn simple. Just lose. Whats even funnier is that if Darcy sticks around to see it through chances are he will be lauded for it in the end. CRAZY !

Except again, Darcy is late to the party. Why wasn't that implemented last spring when the Sabres were in 2nd to last place and everyone then was advocating a tank drive, especially on a shortened meaningless season. That I think is what pisses fans off the most. Always Darcy is late to the party and can't pull the trigger soon enough. Same applies to the statuses of Vanek and Miller... late again. They should be gone by now with some young players taking their place and high draft picks anticipated over the next 2 years as part of their deal. P.S. Might as well keep Stafford, at least he knows how to make tanking happen.

Seriously, why couldn't Miller and Vanek follow Stafford's lead at the end of last year???

Edited by North Buffalo

Except again, Darcy is late to the party. Why wasn't that implemented last spring when the Sabres were in 2nd to last place and everyone then was advocating a tank drive, especially on a shortened meaningless season. That I think is what pisses fans off the most. Always Darcy is late to the party and can't pull the trigger soon enough. Same applies to the statuses of Vanek and Miller... late again. They should be gone by now with some young players taking their place and high draft picks anticipated over the next 2 years as part of their deal. P.S. Might as well keep Stafford, at least he knows how to make tanking happen.

Seriously, why couldn't Miller and Vanek follow Stafford's lead at the end of last year???

This is essentially the same team, but they ended up crawling out of the bottom last year. Hopefully it doesn't happen again this year.

I have never been one of those guys that wants my team to lose for the sake of draft picks. If I am going to be invested in a team as a fan I want to see action, results, accomplishments, therefore it gives me a reason to be a fan and be excited. Watching other teams in the NHL is flat-out depressing.

You're forgetting that Terry is on record as wanting Miller to retire here. Terry probably nixed a deal or two. Surely, after this season, when Kim has the Millers over for ratatouille, Ryan will give in.

You're forgetting that Terry is on record as wanting Miller to retire here. Terry probably nixed a deal or two. Surely, after this season, when Kim has the Millers over for ratatouille, Ryan will give in.

Again -- you've become unhinged from reality. The Pegulas are going to serve ratatouille? Please.

(Although is it an ethnically accurate nod to Mrs Miller's heritage? I'm asking.)

Just, weird.

That exchange on the "panic" question was kinda strange. It seemed like he got PO'd over a pretty innocuous question.

I didn't have a problem with TB telling off the TBN bozos at the end-of-year presser last year, but that WGR interview gave me pause. He should be in full apology mode, not irrationally thin-skinned.

Absolutely. If they were going to tank, last year was the time to do it -- short season, rich draft, rebuild allegedly being the master plan, etc. Now he's a day late and a dollar short yet again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.