Worst team in Franchise History

papazoid

Actually, I thought it was Brendan Flynn, with an 'a'. Yep, I caught it, too. Nice goal, kid. If every player on the team skated as hard as he did, we might have something in a couple years.

You expect the fans to know the right names? Opening night when they introduced everybody on the team they put up Kyle Porter! Stupid me, I've been calling him Kevin :doh:

Do you even read the posts or do you just start typing away your next argument? If you thoroughly read my posts and then applied a little intelligence you would know how I stand.

Instead you choose to type your adolescent little comments.

I read them all. You supported tanking and then went on to complain when they start the season off as the worst team in the league.

You're not difficult to figure out, you do everything possible to bitch in every single post you make even if it means contradicting yourself. You are the biggest crybaby on this forum, it must suck to be such a miserable individual. The Bills and Sabres could win the Cup and Super Bowl this year and you would still find something to bitch about. Are you sure you're not from New Jersey and you meant to spend the winter on this coast?

I don't like to make posts like this, but it needed to be said.

I read them all. You supported tanking and then went on to complain when they start the season off as the worst team in the league.

You're not difficult to figure out, you do everything possible to bitch in every single post you make even if it means contradicting yourself. You are the biggest crybaby on this forum, it must suck to be such a miserable individual. The Bills and Sabres could win the Cup and Super Bowl this year and you would still find something to bitch about. Are you sure you're not from New Jersey and you meant to spend the winter on this coast?

I don't like to make posts like this, but it needed to be said.

Dark colored cooking implement meet other dark colored cooking implement. He complains about the team relentlessly, you complain about other posters relentlessly.

poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe

Now you know how others feel about 'Fire Darcy' permeating into every thread.

I hate when "Fire Darcy" permeates the entire arena.

I mean....people pay good money to watch those games, and I just want to be positive. To hear that every game....man people are just miserable for the sake of being miserable. Why don't they do something positive and chant, "Hooray Millsie!"???

I hate when "Fire Darcy" permeates the entire arena.

I mean....people pay good money to watch those games, and I just want to be positive. To hear that every game....man people are just miserable for the sake of being miserable. Why don't they do something positive and chant, "Hooray Millsie!"???

Don't patronize me, there is a difference and you damn well know it.

Paul Hamilton on WGR right now stating that firing Regier now would be a clown move.

I agree.

IMHO, The time to fire him was when Terry took over or when Lindy was fired. Firing now would make Pegula look foolish. The man has an ego, he's not goin to expose himself like that.

I don't really want Darcy here, but he's not getting fired now.

Paul Hamilton on WGR right now stating that firing Regier now would be a clown move.

I agree.

IMHO, The time to fire him was when Terry took over or when Lindy was fired. Firing now would make Pegula look foolish. The man has an ego, he's not goin to expose himself like that.

Ok you're right about the time on when he should have been fired. He wasn't.

Send in the clowns. Where are the clowns? Well maybe, they're here.

I don't need Darcy making another single decision for this team. Get out.

Edited by beerme1

I'm fairly young still in terms of following the sabres.... I can remember about 20 years of hockey from childhood til now, and I can honestly say this is the absolute worst team I've seen ever.... I don't have the care or time to look up stats to see if mathematically we will be the worst. And at some point this negativity will even out somewhat, but I cannot remember a team duller, lifeless, heartless and just awful as I'm seeing this year... We have no game plan, no grit, no scoring, worst passing in the league, no PP and no excitement to be seen anywhere. Even the coach is an automaton just like our GM. I wonder how long before fans start making half empty buildings appear?

Well said. I'm just what sounds a little bit older than you, but I'm in complete agreement. The current franchise has become one of the worst in hockey. I, as did many others, had such high hopes/expectations when Pegula bought the Sabres. It seemed as if Buffalo was on the brink of achieving things it had never done before. But where have the high hopes/expectations gone? Down the gutter pretty much sums it up. When Darcy said the franchise would go through a period of suffering, I took it as if he was meaning the Sabres would be a borderline playoff team each year w/ slow growth towards to a true Cup contender. Obviously I was a bit too optimistic when Darcy spoke of suffering. It's difficult to be entertained by this years team. Coaches/players more or less are going through the motions. Sad, sad time for the Sabres franchise.

I agree.

I agree it would look bad to fire him now. However, I think it looks worse to keep somebody on you've lost confidence in just to avoid the optics of firing him early in the year.

I agree it would look bad to fire him now. However, I think it looks worse to keep somebody on you've lost confidence in just to avoid the optics of firing him early in the year.

Right. It was stupid to smoke in bed and fall asleep with a lit cigarette. When the alarm goes off, you run out of the house and call the fire department, hoping to salvage what you can to make the rebuild easier. You don't just sit there and burn up in the place.

Well said. I'm just what sounds a little bit older than you, but I'm in complete agreement. The current franchise has become one of the worst in hockey. I, as did many others, had such high hopes/expectations when Pegula bought the Sabres. It seemed as if Buffalo was on the brink of achieving things it had never done before. But where have the high hopes/expectations gone? Down the gutter pretty much sums it up. When Darcy said the franchise would go through a period of suffering, I took it as if he was meaning the Sabres would be a borderline playoff team each year w/ slow growth towards to a true Cup contender. Obviously I was a bit too optimistic when Darcy spoke of suffering. It's difficult to be entertained by this years team. Coaches/players more or less are going through the motions. Sad, sad time for the Sabres franchise.

I'm right near the 30 Y/O mark so relatively young, I agree with ya, when I heard suffering, I did not expect them to match the franchise record for worst starting record and be the worst in the league with possession and goals for.

I did expect growing pains, and as much as a top pick sounds wonderful, I thought we'd see a different product.I just wish there was more effort, it's hard to say why this team is playing so lackluster.... Idk if its because management came out and said "hey guys were gonna suck" or if the confidence in the talent we have is so low that we being ultra conservative in our game planning, or if we just have player personalities that aren't cohesive to a gritty winning team..... I'm sure there is a combination of all three in there.

I usually make it a point to watch or at least DVR every game and watch later, but this year I have found I just don't have it in me to make the extra effort to watch every game like I have in the past, tonight I'm going to a birthday dinner and will not be recording the avalanche game.... I'll follow the board to see what's happening but this team needs to show something soon before fans start losing interest.

Darcy couldn't be fired, because there's nobody willing to replace him. Ruff couldn't be fired, because there was nobody willing and capable to replace him. Now, if "Nobody" comes out of the woodwork, saying he's a willing and able replacement for GM or Coach, I'll be proven wrong. If Rolston proves to be anything other than a "Nobody," I'm proven wrong. Darcy and Rolston are "made men," under TPegs though, so it's complicated. The best thing that Darcy can hope to do is to tank the season and get fired. Same for Rolston. I hope the best for them, personally.

I agree.

but firing him now would prevent him from making any more decisions

Firing Darcy now would make TPegs look foolish ? He might as well double down on that because he's looking like a fool already. Get someone capable in here to dig us out of this mess and repair your reputation if it worries you that much Terry.

Like I said in another topic, Pegula's ego is on the line here. From his radio and TV interviews, he strikes me as not the sort of guy to admit he's wrong about anything. I suffered thru the "What did he do WRONG?" broadcast on WGR earlier this year. He owns the team, and he intends to run it as he sees fit, that was the attitude he conveyed. And to aide and assist him in running it 'his way', he's got a couple "Yes" men/puppets in place - Regier and Ruffton, who won't make waves.

Edited by Jsixspd

Like I said in another topic, Pegula's ego is on the line here. From his radio and TV interviews, he strikes me as not the sort of guy to admit he's wrong about anything. I suffered thru the "What did he do WRONG?" broadcast on WGR earlier this year. He owns the team, and he intends to run it as he sees fit, that was the attitude he conveyed. And to aide and assist him in running it 'his way', he's got a couple "Yes" men/puppets in place - Regier and Ruffton, who won't make waves.

Ruffton. I likey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.