Official Sabres Injury Thread

Wyldnwoody44

Ok, since there are some minor and some more serious injuries, I figure I would make a thread devoted to sabres injuries... I don't make threads hardly ever, but thought it would be nice to have one thread to go to instead of searching GDT and others to find out...... With that said, have at it.

Ok, since there are some minor and some more serious injuries, I figure I would make a thread devoted to sabres injuries... I don't make threads hardly ever, but thought it would be nice to have one thread to go to instead of searching GDT and others to find out...... With that said, have at it.

We do have these but now as the thread starter it is ur job to update it. Of course with help but you will need to take the lead on this.

We do have these but now as the thread starter it is ur job to update it. Of course with help but you will need to take the lead on this.

I will try to take the lead as much as possible, but working 60-70 hrs a week and being on call makes it tough for me to stay in the loop, all this responsibility, I may crack under the SS pressure ;)

so broken jaw is what 8-10weeks I would guess and more if it requires surgery? Guess Tropp won't be playing til Christmas... uhg and I really like him too.

(I should clarify 8-10 weeks is from now til he can play again. Even if it heals in 5-6, he will need to get his conditioning back up)

so broken jaw is what 8-10weeks I would guess and more if it requires surgery? Guess Tropp won't be playing til Christmas... uhg and I really like him too.

(I should clarify 8-10 weeks is from now til he can play again. Even if it heals in 5-6, he will need to get his conditioning back up)

Can't he skate with a broken jaw? I mean I'm sure he would be off the ice for a week or two but couldn't he keep his conditioning up while it heals? I can't remember what happened with Crosby when his jaw was broken last year.

Any word on Foligno? I heard he was skating but did they say anything about the severity of the injury?

Tropp was out cold, right? Isn't that pretty much a solid indicator of a concussion? Maybe he is symptom free now but I don't see how he didn't sustain at least a minor concussion if he was out cold, even momentarily.

This is what I was thinking. It could also be they're assuming the jaw takes longer to heal than the concussion, so they're only reporting that.

Tropp was out cold, right? Isn't that pretty much a solid indicator of a concussion? Maybe he is symptom free now but I don't see how he didn't sustain at least a minor concussion if he was out cold, even momentarily.

This is what I was thinking. It could also be they're assuming the jaw takes longer to heal than the concussion, so they're only reporting that.

One of the beat writers tweeted that Tropp had passed his baseline test, which means that he mos def had a concussion (pretty sure a loss of consciousness following a blow to the head is, by definition, a concussion). So it's the jaw not the concussion that's the issue going forward, apparently.

Can't he skate with a broken jaw? I mean I'm sure he would be off the ice for a week or two but couldn't he keep his conditioning up while it heals? I can't remember what happened with Crosby when his jaw was broken last year.

Yeah. But he can't eat and can't actually, you know, play hockey. Crosby did come back rather quickly with the playoffs on the horizon. I'm not sure how effective he was or how his game was affected by the injury.

Any word on Foligno? I heard he was skating but did they say anything about the severity of the injury?

Hamilton tweeted that Foligno strained something (lower body, I infer) and is targeting the opener for a return.

I was thinking along the same lines. How does taking a shot to the noggin that turns the lights out not result in a concussion?

I'm pretty sure you can be knocked out without having a concussion.

So I googled it. See a lot of articles that disagree with this. The ones I read suggest there are varying degrees, but a KO = concussion. Probably are articles out there that refute this as well. Hence the problem with medical information and the internet I suppose.

I'm pretty sure you can be knocked out without having a concussion.

that may be true, actually. but as jag indicates, there is a lot of uncertainty in this area. i'd read somewhere more recently that "concussions" of the brain occur in dozens of situations previously though benign, such as slamming your head into the bottom of a desktop when you bend down to pick up something.

in any case, tropp reportedly passed his baseline test, so there's no concussion concern at this time (reportedly). as i understand it, athletes get a baseline test when they're feeling fine and dandy and then take the exam again after an incident like the one tropp had.

Archived