Official Sabres Injury Thread

Wyldnwoody44

@BNHarrington

The Leino injury happened in the first period, RR said. Essentially played whole game with it.

Guy is snake bitten.

Ville Leino had a good preseason and a good few first shifts yesterday... that sucks.

Well, I didn't see any good shifts, or even any good plays at all, out of Leino yesterday, but I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the injury excuse for that game.

Overall this stinks. We still don't know whether Leino is any good -- and no light will be shed on this for -- who knows? Maybe a month or 2?

But I am looking forward to seeing Larsson -- and hopefully Foligno soon.

Anyone have any info on Foligno?

Well, I didn't see any good shifts, or even any good plays at all, out of Leino yesterday, but I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the injury excuse for that game.

Overall this stinks. We still don't know whether Leino is any good -- and no light will be shed on this for -- who knows? Maybe a month or 2?

But I am looking forward to seeing Larsson -- and hopefully Foligno soon.

Anyone have any info on Foligno?

Some time next week for Foligno.

Leino has added absolutely nothing since he was signed, and while that may or may not be any fault of his own, as opposed to other veterans on the roster - *cough* Stafford *cough* -, I don't see how him missing significant time changes anything, whatsoever.

I disagree, we need a veteran offensive player to step up and take charge on the power play, quarterback it. With all these rookies on the ice, that leaves only a limited number of candidates, Leino being one of the better of them. I mean, that power play was absolutely horrible, embarrassing, putrid even...

I disagree, we need a veteran offensive player to step up and take charge on the power play, quarterback it. With all these rookies on the ice, that leaves only a limited number of candidates, Leino being one of the better of them. I mean, that power play was absolutely horrible, embarrassing, putrid even...

Oh, I agree, but Leino hasn't shown for five minutes since he came to Buffalo, that he's the player you're talking about.

So again, I see no difference whether he plays or not.

Archived