All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I think Zadarov will have 10 games to prove he belongs.

It will be decided in October.

Fairly certain his pro contract kicks in no matter what next year... is that right? I thought if you signed your entry level deal it could only slide 1 year.

Ahhh okay, thanks!

So in theory Zadorov can be left in the minors again. I am not opposed to this idea but I am not sure how much he will grow there.

At least with Zadorov we have the luxury of him being coached by one of the best coaches in juniors. Hunter would make sure Zadorov keeps growing as a player as much as possible. At this point I think tougher competition is the best thing for that, but I'm not Tim Murray/Ted Nolan (shocker!) so we'll see.

4/11 - Amerks win fourth straight:

The Rochester Americans scored two power-play goals early in the third period and rode another brilliant performance from rookie goaltender Andrey Makarov en route to a 3-1 win over the visiting Toronto Marlies Friday night at The Blue Cross Arena. The win is the fourth in a row for the surging Amerks, who have yet to lose in April and jump to seventh in the Western Conference standings with five games remaining in the 2013-14 regular season.

Special teams success was the key to victory for Rochester, which survived nine penalty kills against the Marlies and finished 2-of-6 with the man-advantage. Luke Adam continued his strong play against Toronto this season, tallying his team-leading 28th goal of the campaign early in the third period and marking his ninth point of the season series. Jerome Gauthier-Leduc and Kevin Porter also scored goals for the Amerks and Phil Varone added two assists, bringing his team-leading point total to 57, and stretching his point streak to four games.

Makarov, who has become a staple between the pipes for the Amerks, started his seventh consecutive game in net and improved a personal winning streak to four games with a 27-save effort.

http://youtu.be/l3Xr1NoUdjY

http://youtu.be/i0crCvjfvNU

Makarov is absolutely killing it. There's a reason he's my favored goalie prospect in the org.

I'm thinking Hackett isn't resigned this summer. Makarov and Lieuwen in Rochester next year, with Ullmark in Sweden for another year. We've got a lot of interesting goalie prospects and Hackett is simply being outplayed by them.

Ruhwedel and McCabe get loads of time in the minors and are the first call-ups.

I really wish I had a better feel for Ruhwedel. I'm not sure where he stands with the Sabres, Remember, he was a "Darcy" guy, not a Murray signing.

I don't think I see him as a top 2 guy, but I think he is/can be a guy who is an "OK" 3-4 guy and a Very good 5-6 guy. If that is true, I hope they keep him around. You can't really (in the long run) pay 6 D-Men all as top 2 or top 4 guys. He seems pretty good with the puck, so I can see him teamed with someone like Weber (a HEALTHY Weber) as a pretty good 5-6 combo next year and maybe beyond that.

I'm thinking Hackett isn't resigned this summer. Makarov and Lieuwen in Rochester next year, with Ullmark in Sweden for another year. We've got a lot of interesting goalie prospects and Hackett is simply being outplayed by them.

There's no way they let Hackett walk away with no compensation. The Sabres think he has played well since his promotion to Buffalo. With Hackett showing well in previous AHL campaigns in Houston and last year in Rochester, he'll either be re-signed or moved as part of some deal. Smart organizations don't let 24 year old talented players just walk away and Murray won't either.

On 8/15/12 I posted this:

716, on 15 August 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

http://thehockeywrit...ssia-challenge/

Here's an article about final impressions from the series. The author, from DobberProspects, didn't say much great about Gringo (skilled but insnapback.pngconsistent, disappears when you need him) but also pointed out these top rated undrafted Russian gems...Anton Slepyshev (2G,1A), Kirill Kapustin (3G, 3A), Andrei Sigarev (3G, 1A) and goalie Andrey Makarov, who "continues to prove he's an elite goaltending prospect."

Hello Sabres scouts?

So you should thank ME for Makarov.

Edited by 716

There's no way they let Hackett walk away with no compensation. The Sabres think he has played well since his promotion to Buffalo. With Hackett showing well in previous AHL campaigns in Houston and last year in Rochester, he'll either be re-signed or moved as part of some deal. Smart organizations don't let 24 year old talented players just walk away and Murray won't either.

I think every organization has their Hackett and I don't think he holds much value.

I think every organization has their Hackett and I don't think he holds much value.

So they'll let him walk without being tendered is what you're saying?

He holds value when you have no real starter

Lieuwen has concussion issues and Neuvirth gets injured quite a bit. Two factors that should not be ignored. Hackett will be re-signed.

I think Lieuwen's concussion issues are Hackett's best bet for getting qualified.

He's had a miserable season and failed to crack the big leagues in two contracts.

He's kind of like a goalie version of Luke Adam.

Watched last night's Amerks game. Ugly game due to a ton of bad penalties calls.

But Makarov looked good, athletic and dialled in.

I'd rather see him get minutes in Rochester next year than Hackett or Lieuwen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.