All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

Did I miss the Flynn thread? Should that announcement go here since no one likes him? I would like to know what kind of contract he got.

I like him. Not as anything more than a bottom six player who may never really be a full-timer. I think he'll be a little better version of Matt Ellis.

I like him. Not as anything more than a bottom six player who may never really be a full-timer. I think he'll be a little better version of Matt Ellis.

Not saying it will happen but I think Flynn has potential to be one of those late bloomers that could turn into a valuable piece. He has a lot more natural ability them Ellis.

Not saying it will happen but I think Flynn has potential to be one of those late bloomers that could turn into a valuable piece. He has a lot more natural ability them Ellis.

I finished the year neutral on him. I think he has a chance to grow into the opportunity.

My thoughts exactly.

He's like a mediocre top 40 radio band. Better Than Ellis

I think the majority of this board quietly hopes Flynn is in Rochester next year because more hyped prospects have taken his job.

I don't think that will happen and not necessarily because the big-name guys flopped.

the bolded is where my head is at.

I think the majority of this board quietly hopes Flynn is in Rochester next year because more hyped prospects have taken his job.

I don't think that will happen and not necessarily because the big-name guys flopped.

Why wouldn't they hope that he turn into Jason Pominville and surprise everyone? There are a slew of college free agents that turned into very good, too tier hockey players. The guy skates well, has good hands, noes where the slot is and is defensively aware. If was a draft choice he would be one of those hyped prospects

He certainly has the potential. But I'm saying that's what I see him becoming. More the role than the style/skill.

Why wouldn't they hope that he turn into Jason Pominville and surprise everyone? There are a slew of college free agents that turned into very good, too tier hockey players. The guy skates well, has good hands, noes where the slot is and is defensively aware. If was a draft choice he would be one of those hyped prospects

A slew of college free agents that turn into very good top tier players? Who are all these undrafted top tier players?

A slew of college free agents that turn into very good top tier players? Who are all these undrafted top tier players?

Slew may have been an exaggeration but guys like Teddy Purcell, Tyler Bozak and Matt Read show that it does happen. In fact, I would bet it happens as frequently as it happens with any player drafted past the 2nd round in the entry draft.

Slew may have been an exaggeration but guys like Teddy Purcell, Tyler Bozak and Matt Read show that it does happen. In fact, I would bet it happens as frequently as it happens with any player drafted past the 2nd round in the entry draft.

Top tier may have been an exaggeration then too. :P

3rd rounders make it to the NHL at about a 15% rate. I have no idea how often undrafted kids get invited to camps and I doubt there are readily available numbers to find so I am not going to put much more than the minimum of effort into the debate but I'd be surprised if the rates of NHL success for undrafteds are about the same as drafted kids in rounds 3-7.

Granted, rates past round 3 are pretty damned small.

Top tier may have been an exaggeration then too. :P

3rd rounders make it to the NHL at about a 15% rate. I have no idea how often undrafted kids get invited to camps and I doubt there are readily available numbers to find so I am not going to put much more than the minimum of effort into the debate but I'd be surprised if the rates of NHL success for undrafteds are about the same as drafted kids in rounds 3-7.

Granted, rates past round 3 are pretty damned small.

I broke my ankle last week so I have nothing to do for about four weeks so maybe ill do some research but if only 3 or 4 third rounders make it per year, ill guarantee you that that many college free agents do as well.

For the record, my original point was that the Flynn has shown a knack for scoring goals throughout College, the minors and last year scored at a 20 goal clip. I know it is a small sample size but to just write him off in favor of some "hyped" prospect is short sighted.

Penner

Stinks :P

More accurately, he stinks for a guy set to make $4.2MM.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.