All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether to be happy Adam seems to still have vitals, or horrified that calling him up could legitimately improve the team.

Lately I've been thinking they should just send Grigorenko back to the Q (even though it's a 100% waste of a yearon his deal (but so is playing him on a talentless fourth line) and then calling up Adam. Let Adam be that fourth line center who occasionally goes up on the third.

Lately I've been thinking they should just send Grigorenko back to the Q (even though it's a 100% waste of a yearon his deal (but so is playing him on a talentless fourth line) and then calling up Adam. Let Adam be that fourth line center who occasionally goes up on the third.

To hell with the contract, I want Grigs to play. The 4th line does him no good IMO. I'd even be in favor of loaning him to a KHL team if there was one interested *eagerly awaits the panic*

To hell with the contract, I want Grigs to play. The 4th line does him no good IMO. I'd even be in favor of loaning him to a KHL team if there was one interested *eagerly awaits the panic*

Just put him on the first line with Vanek and Hodgson and tell them to make it work.

I like the idea, too. But that's a risk that an NHL team would never take. If he snifs success in the 2nd biggest league, he might just stay.

I mentioned this very idea at least a week ago. Europe may be the perfect place for him right now.

I mentioned this very idea at least a week ago. Europe may be the perfect place for him right now.

I'm not sure how I feel about sending him to play in the KHL, but I wonder if we could get him to the Swedish or Finnish elite leagues. (Can he learn yet another language?)

In any event, they've butchered his development so far. They treated him like a marketing gimmick last year instead of a young player that needed to be developed. Hope it was worth it to sell a few #25 jerseys.

I'm not sure how I feel about sending him to play in the KHL, but I wonder if we could get him to the Swedish or Finnish elite leagues. (Can he learn yet another language?)

In any event, they've butchered his development so far. They treated him like a marketing gimmick last year instead of a young player that needed to be developed. Hope it was worth it to sell a few #25 jerseys.

I don't recall which thread I posted it in but I questioned whether it would be wise to loan him to KHL, Swedish Elite league, or maybe one of the other euro leagues. Seems to me that playing against men in high level leagues but not NHL level might be the best thing for him. There is plenty of precedent for loaning players out to other leagues, usually it is done with unwanted players (Ales Kotalik I'm looking at you), but it seems to me that it might make sense in some cases to use it as a developmental tool.

I don't recall which thread I posted it in but I questioned whether it would be wise to loan him to KHL, Swedish Elite league, or maybe one of the other euro leagues. Seems to me that playing against men in high level leagues but not NHL level might be the best thing for him. There is plenty of precedent for loaning players out to other leagues, usually it is done with unwanted players (Ales Kotalik I'm looking at you), but it seems to me that it might make sense in some cases to use it as a developmental tool.

I love it, but it might already be too late. Plus I wonder about his psyche if he's suddenly playing in yet another country and learning yet another language.

I would feel so much better about him if we'd have just given him 5 games last year and then sent him back to the Q. Now we're looking at two years of him playing just a few minutes a game on the 4th line. I'm not optimistic about what that'll do to him.

Back to the Amerks, I'm looking forward to Risto getting a few games where he can play in all situations and log a lot of ice time. I wouldn't mind leaving him down there until January.

Is Risto even making the trip? He was apparently still in Buffalo last night, so it may only be a paper transaction.

They are probably just waiting to seal the deal on the Miller /Myers for Yak and a first trade. :devil:

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.