Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

Well if I'm not mistaken the new Windows 8.1 beta will include ie 11 so maybe that would fix it. Hope it fixes it.

Thank you sir!

Myers being "out of shape" relative to other players, still makes him an elite athlete to us. So, if you are using the fatigue, cardio symptoms as part of your diagnosis, I don't think that dog will hunt.

Just using guidelines and history as a guide.

We've debated the competency of the medical and training staff over the years. At this rate, Tallinder will shatter his forearm and Myers will break his wrist after they collide in camp.

Thank you sir. Now that I have bold cover...the investigation was dropped...reopened by a special investigator, and the reason the charges couldn't hold is the girl was too drunk to identify exactly who was doing what to her in which location as it was happening. All while a 5 month pregnant Mrs. Tallinder was home in Buffalo. They didn't get convicted, but their teams during the lockout dumped them and Sweden dumped them from international play.

This is why I laugh when people say Hank would be a great mentor for a kid in his 20's with money who can't get his act together. On the ice, at this point he is a worse version of Sekera with better reach and body control along the boards. Off the ice...who knows?

"She was a bit merry," Henrik Tallinder added.

http://m.thelocal.se/965/20050214/

https://en.wikipedia...of_web_browsers

chrome is almost 2-1 over ie and ie has lost users almost every month since 2005. My wife is a web developer, and she has to make work arounds for ie for some clients. In otherwords, she codes the site differently for ie users and has the server recognize the browser and provide the appropriate code. More and more sites are NOT doing this, and as a result, ie is dropping some of it's more problematic differences.

Edited to add the word "NOT" to the final sentance, thereby changing it's entire meaning. apologies.

I do web development. I could code this entire site. I have a little first hand insight into this particular matter as well.

I guarantee you Chrome adoption over IE is not 2-1. If that were realistic, IE would have lost out to FF long before Chrome was a trickle in Google's statist-wanna-be underwear.

So it's okay to be an unqualified proponent but not an unqualified opponent?

No one is saying Drane is wrong. But what is the point of bringing such a theory to the table in a venue where it can neither be proven or disputed?

Because the Sabres just took on 3.5 million in salary to be Myers blankie. I think everything related to Myers and his status were put on the table with that move.

I'm guessing you aren't a MacOS/iOS guy... From this forum:

post-1-0-48809000-1373337726_thumb.png

IE Breakout:

post-1-0-23996900-1373337896_thumb.png

I greatly dislike the Mac platform, yes. I am into iOS development somewhat, though.

Those numbers, if you remove Safari, are pretty much bang on with what I've seen. Frankly, that's an impressive Safari number when compared to global figures, assuming it's strictly MacOS.

Relax, I was just providing some additional information.

I dig. Sorry, but a Wiki-ization here is one of those, more frequent, instances where the information is misleading. And since it's managed by geeks and marketers, it's more propaganda than fact.

They use only a select, handful of sources for their data, not anywhere near comprehensive and statistically relevant.

Sorry, folks, excuse my writing style. I'm not trying to be aggressive, just move the conversation along when I see fit. This is a Sabres board, and I'm just so not happy with them lately it's clearly crept into my perspective on everything I'm reading here.

Well if I'm not mistaken the new Windows 8.1 beta will include ie 11 so maybe that would fix it. Hope it fixes it.

IE10 has a broken Java implementation, but I have given up looking for word that MS even acknowledges it. Ideally, they fix it before moving on to 11. You'd figure they would have learned after IE7 and FF nearly evening the distribution. Now they have Chrome to contend with as well, yet they release this crap.

If you are having problems posting from IE10, use the simple/formatting toggle in the upper left of the post editor.

I'll say it for you.

Tallinder, Andreas Lilja, and Christian Huselius were accused of gang raping a 22 year old girl in 2005. They charges were eventually dropped due to lack of evidence but the 3 players did admit to having sex with the girl.

I'm not sure it makes Tallinder a bad on ice example. But I'll admit to feeling creepy about rooting for the guy.

That is my recollection of the incident anyway.

Yikes. I honestly had no idea about this. Innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz...but it's definitely unsettling to even be accused of something like that. Bleh :sick:

Yikes. I honestly had no idea about this. Innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz...but it's definitely unsettling to even be accused of something like that. Bleh :sick:

It's not unsettling in the least. A 22 year old Puck Bunny knows exactly what she is getting herself into, no matter how drunk, when she goes back to a room with three dudes.

Ancient history, cleared of wrong doing.

Wiki:

In 2005, Tallinder, and fellow Swedish hockey players Kristian Huselius and Andreas Lilja were investigated on suspicion of sexual exploitation. In March 2005, all three players were suspended from the Swedish national team for one year, with Huselius and Tallinder being released by Swedish club Linköping and Lilja being suspended by Swedish club Mora for the rest of the season.[1]Initially police had dropped their investigation within two days February 11, 2005 when a 22-year-old woman accused the trio of raping her February 9, because of a lack of evidence. However, a special prosecutor reopened the case in March, leading to the suspensions.[2] Tallinder and the others were cleared in June of that year.[3]

Guy's been married for years now and I think they have two kids.

Just curious, how many medical people are here on the board? Anyone with a master's or higher and relevant experience "out in the field"? I wonder how many people here can give an educated, experienced objection to the Marfan theory? Because I know some medical folk who say the idea is interesting...as opposed to rejecting it outright.

I, personally, find it interesting. I am in no way qualified to accept it or reject it. And I won't reject it because I simply can (because it's "out there" or disrupts my thinking in some manner); you should never say "never".

I work in a network that researches pediatric heart conditions. One of the studies is on Marfan (I'm not on that one though). Unfortunately, none of the doctors would even have the slightest clue who Tyler Myers is if I asked. That said, I still wouldn't waste my time asking.

@LTS The one year thing shouldn't scare off teams. Vanek can agree to a deal once he knows about the trade. Or there could be a conditional pick(s) in the trade.

Very true. There are ways to make it happen. Still, it requires a bit more than just signing a guy straight away or trading for someone with more than a year remaining.

Never heard about it either.

It's not unsettling in the least. A 22 year old Puck Bunny knows exactly what she is getting herself into, no matter how drunk, when she goes back to a room with three dudes.

While it's wonderful to use your own sensibility as the measuring stick for how others act it's not very prudent. Moreover, in this case, it's completely irrelevant at least as far as the law is concerned. People put themselves in positions that favor negative outcomes all the time. In this case she made herself an easy target but that in no way would dismiss the actions of those who targeted her. I'm not speaking of the specific details of this particular incident because the outcome is clear that no charges were carried through.

It doesn't change the moral decision making of the parties involved. Clearly the event happened and clearly as stated Mr. Tallinder was already quite involved with someone else. Now, if his wife was fine with his actions that's between the two of them. People are into all kinds of strange stuff.

All of that aside, people make poor decisions throughout life and the best anyone can hope for is that they learn from those decisions and grow as a person. It appears that Tallinder has kept his nose clean since then and for that reason I am less concerned.

I figured many here didn't. The fact that it happened overseas and during the first lockout prevented major reporting of it over here. The result of the trial was that the girl was drunk enough she couldn't really ID who did what to her. The fact that one player was very apologetic and Tallinder brushed it off was interesting.

Like LTS says, who knows what Tallinder's personal life was/is with the Mrs., but people on one hand saying Myers is out of shape, or not professional, or needs guidance.....then saying Tallinder is the perfect guy to mentor him and get him turned around.....eh, maybe not the best choice to "mentor" an all-around human being. There is a reason the Bills chose Fred Jackson to pair with CJ SPiller over Marshawn Lynch. Well, at least the old Bills front office and staff. Something tells me the current one would choose Lynch.

I figured many here didn't. The fact that it happened overseas and during the first lockout prevented major reporting of it over here. The result of the trial was that the girl was drunk enough she couldn't really ID who did what to her. The fact that one player was very apologetic and Tallinder brushed it off was interesting.

Wrong.

That wasn't the result. There was no trial.

The prosecutor fully cleared them. The prosecutor.

I suspect that if the prosecution fully clears you, there isn't a case. There probably isn't even suspicion.

The story was weird to begin with....three professional hockey players go to a nightclub and drug a girl (do you really think professional hockey players need to drug people to get sex?)

Anyway. Fully cleared. By the prosecution nonetheless.

That's not to say athletes don't have interesting sex lives....just that there was no criminal wrongdoing.

Yes, Tallinder is just like Marshawn. I know you are not naive enough to believe pro athletes are saints. There are plenty of stories around Buffalo of players sleeping with the same girl the same night. I have knowledge of one who is held in the highest regard and considered one the of the best leaders this team has had.

It has zero to do with whether Tallinder can help a younger player get better.

Wrong.

That wasn't the result. There was no trial.

The prosecutor fully cleared them. The prosecutor.

I suspect that if the prosecution fully clears you, there isn't a case. There probably isn't even suspicion.

The story was weird to begin with....three professional hockey players go to a nightclub and drug a girl (do you really think professional hockey players need to drug people to get sex?)

Anyway. Fully cleared. By the prosecution nonetheless.

Did the prosecutor actually say they were innocent or were charges simply dropped because because the prosecutor couldn't put a reasonable case together?

Yes, Tallinder is just like Marshawn. I know you are not naive enough to believe pro athletes are saints. There are plenty of stories around Buffalo of players sleeping with the same girl the same night. I have knowledge of one who is held in the highest regard and considered one the of the best leaders this team has had.

It has zero to do with whether Tallinder can help a younger player get better.

I think you know having a threesome isn't the same as gang rape.

Did the prosecutor actually say they were innocent or were charges simply dropped because because the prosecutor couldn't put a reasonable case together?

Fully cleared. Of course I'm no expert in Swedish law, but I have had deep tissue massage and I like Igmar Bergman.

Yep. A "friend's wife's friend" (take that for what it's worth) used to hook up with a former player that (allegedly) liked to urinate on her after sex.

As for Tallinder and his wife, if they're good so be it. It's not for us to judge. It's the law's job, and they have.

Here is the timeline:

Girl goes to hospital and says she was raped by the 3 players

Police interview players, and wait for medical reports.

Medical reports confirm that the sex had occurred, but there was no evidence of violent conditions that are needed to bring a rape charge.

Players admit to having sex with her

Original charges are dropped

Special prosecutor reopens the case with lesser charge of Sexual exploitation because there was no sign of violence

The woman admitted that she had passed out and couldn't identify specific acts that had taken place by which players, but awoke to the 3 of them in the room having sexual contact with her

Because she could not identify who did what at what point, the charges had to be dropped.

So X is correct, it wasn't a trial because the girl admitted she was passed out at the time.

So X is correct, it wasn't a trial because the girl admitted she was passed out at the time.

:rolleyes: Not quite what I wrote.

Passed out?

That was never alleged. That would be rape, wouldn't it?

Anyway, Tyler, if you play in the World's in Europe avoid freaky group sex.

:rolleyes: Not quite what I wrote.

Passed out?

That was never alleged. That would be rape, wouldn't it?

Anyway, Tyler, if you play in the World's in Europe avoid freaky group sex.

But freaky group sex is the EUs number one export!

Are we really getting worked up about this?

Where were the outcries the last time he was on the team paired with the young defenseman?

Boy, slow Summer. I think I'm joining SFiNS,… let's see,…which way do I face?…

Archived