Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

I'm a nice fella, so I don't always share my diagnosis with everyone, about everyone. Looks like the faithful are getting grumpy because suffering has been embraced. I get it. And considering multiple people felt the need to report me, I guess I won't say what an ironic statement it is to imply Tallinder is a great "mentor" for a young Tyler Myers.

I must have missed something. I didn't see anything that warranted reporting.

I'm pretty indifferent to this move. Maybe a little 2 on 1 mentoring is just the thing Tyler needs to put a little spark in his game.

That's too bad you look at stating opinions, identifying potential problems, and proposing fixes as unbearable. I know....I've been soooo negative these past 6 years. How horrible of me.

Let's see how everyone felt heading into last season......

http://forums.sabres...ns/page__st__40

And I don't doubt you fail to see the irony of Tallinder being praised as a positive mentor.

Stop being an obtuse prick and let us in on the irony then. And try to remember that I've already said the term "mentor" is overstating it.

And I missed the whole "reported you" thing. WTF is that about or is it another obtuse reference we have to decipher?

GO SABRES!!!

That's because nobody else uses IE to have the capacity to give an answer! IE may "work fine" for everything else, but a smart car works fine for getting you to and from work...doesn't mean you shouldn't look to upgrade :)

Not quite true. I think a safe estimate is approximately 33% of web surfing is done on IE, another 33% on Chrome, the remainder split up on smaller browsers, mostly FF.

Frankly, I think the Chrome numbers are probably exaggerated and I would still give the edge to IE, but I have nothing to back that up.

Historically, though, MS has a difficult time sticking with Internet Standards, but have been much better doing so since IE 8.

Each browser tends to have bugs, even while sticking to the standards (of course, browsers are nothing but applications programmed independent from one another).

For all anyone knows, the next update of Chrome could "break" the forum for 33% of the forum's visitors.

Stop being an obtuse prick and let us in on the irony then. And try to remember that I've already said the term "mentor" is overstating it.

And I missed the whole "reported you" thing. WTF is that about or is it another obtuse reference we have to decipher?

GO SABRES!!!

I'm not comfortable repeating the whole story behind Tallinder because I have been reported on and warned that the next time I mention anything having to do with explicit facts regarding any member of the Sabres, I will be banned. I don't blame the moderators.

I don't expect anyone under 25 to remember what happened since it is going on 10 years ago.

Not quite true. I think a safe estimate is approximately 33% of web surfing is done on IE, another 33% on Chrome, the remainder split up on smaller browsers, mostly FF.

Frankly, I think the Chrome numbers are probably exaggerated and I would still give the edge to IE, but I have nothing to back that up.

Historically, though, MS has a difficult time sticking with Internet Standards, but have been much better doing so since IE 8.

Each browser tends to have bugs, even while sticking to the standards (of course, browsers are nothing but applications programmed independent from one another).

For all anyone knows, the next update of Chrome could "break" the forum for 33% of the forum's visitors.

And I think his point was that the 33% (or whatever the real number is) that use IE are "low end" users that aren't knowledgeable enough to answer his question.

Obviously that isn't a universal truth but anecdotally (something PhD loves :P ) it makes sense that IE users would be more inclined to be less knowledgeable users.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

I'm not comfortable repeating the whole story behind Tallinder because I have been reported on and warned that the next time I mention anything having to do with explicit facts regarding any member of the Sabres, I will be banned. I don't blame the moderators.

I don't expect anyone under 25 to remember what happened since it is going on 10 years ago.

I'll say it for you.

Tallinder, Andreas Lilja, and Christian Huselius were accused of gang raping a 22 year old girl in 2005. They charges were eventually dropped due to lack of evidence but the 3 players did admit to having sex with the girl.

I'm not sure it makes Tallinder a bad on ice example. But I'll admit to feeling creepy about rooting for the guy.

That is my recollection of the incident anyway.

Just curious, how many medical people are here on the board? Anyone with a master's or higher and relevant experience "out in the field"? I wonder how many people here can give an educated, experienced objection to the Marfan theory? Because I know some medical folk who say the idea is interesting...as opposed to rejecting it outright.

I, personally, find it interesting. I am in no way qualified to accept it or reject it. And I won't reject it because I simply can (because it's "out there" or disrupts my thinking in some manner); you should never say "never".

https://en.wikipedia...of_web_browsers

chrome is almost 2-1 over ie and ie has lost users almost every month since 2005. My wife is a web developer, and she has to make work arounds for ie for some clients. In otherwords, she codes the site differently for ie users and has the server recognize the browser and provide the appropriate code. More and more sites are NOT doing this, and as a result, ie is dropping some of it's more problematic differences.

Edited to add the word "NOT" to the final sentance, thereby changing it's entire meaning. apologies.

I'll say it for you.

Tallinder, Andreas Lilja, and Christian Huselius were accused of gang raping a 22 year old girl in 2005. They charges were eventually dropped due to lack of evidence but the 3 players did admit to having sex with the girl.

I'm not sure it makes Tallinder a bad on ice example. But I'll admit to feeling creepy about rooting for the guy.

That is my recollection of the incident anyway.

Thank you sir. Now that I have bold cover...the investigation was dropped...reopened by a special investigator, and the reason the charges couldn't hold is the girl was too drunk to identify exactly who was doing what to her in which location as it was happening. All while a 5 month pregnant Mrs. Tallinder was home in Buffalo. They didn't get convicted, but their teams during the lockout dumped them and Sweden dumped them from international play.

This is why I laugh when people say Hank would be a great mentor for a kid in his 20's with money who can't get his act together. On the ice, at this point he is a worse version of Sekera with better reach and body control along the boards. Off the ice...who knows?

Where do you think I got some of my numbers from? Christ, if it ain't from Wiki, it ain't no thing. If you have to have triple bypass surgery, make sure the surgeon checks a Wiki before slicing you open, you know, just to be sure.

Relax, I was just providing some additional information.

Just curious, how many medical people are here on the board? Anyone with a master's or higher and relevant experience "out in the field"? I wonder how many people here can give an educated, experienced objection to the Marfan theory? Because I know some medical folk who say the idea is interesting...as opposed to rejecting it outright.

I, personally, find it interesting. I am in no way qualified to accept it or reject it. And I won't reject it because I simply can (because it's "out there" or disrupts my thinking in some manner); you should never say "never".

Thanks....Channel 2 just did a story a few months ago about local athletes dying from it and it's underdiagnosis. Surprised they didn't think of Myers.

And as for the browser....always works fine for everything else. Just this forum is touchy. I also don't appreciate the fact people write viruses targeted at it to try and get you off it. Go put up a tent in front of their office if you have a beef. I consider computer hackers 100x more disgusting than someone who breaks into your house. You come to my house..there is a shot I get to see you face to face. You have to have some courage to come into somebody's home. Gutless twinks tinker with technological graffiti.

So it's okay to be an unqualified proponent but not an unqualified opponent?

No one is saying Drane is wrong. But what is the point of bringing such a theory to the table in a venue where it can neither be proven or disputed?

So it's okay to be an unqualified proponent but not an unqualified opponent?

No one is saying Drane is wrong. But what is the point of bringing such a theory to the table in a venue where it can neither be proven or disputed?

I think it brings intelligent discourse.

I'm guessing you aren't a MacOS/iOS guy... From this forum:

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.40.47 PM.png

IE Breakout:

Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 10.44.17 PM.png

And as for the browser....always works fine for everything else. Just this forum is touchy. I also don't appreciate the fact people write viruses targeted at it to try and get you off it. Go put up a tent in front of their office if you have a beef. I consider computer hackers 100x more disgusting than someone who breaks into your house. You come to my house..there is a shot I get to see you face to face. You have to have some courage to come into somebody's home. Gutless twinks tinker with technological graffiti.

Well if I'm not mistaken the new Windows 8.1 beta will include ie 11 so maybe that would fix it. Hope it fixes it.

Thanks....Channel 2 just did a story a few months ago about local athletes dying from it and it's underdiagnosis. Surprised they didn't think of Myers.

Myers being "out of shape" relative to other players, still makes him an elite athlete to us. So, if you are using the fatigue, cardio symptoms as part of your diagnosis, I don't think that dog will hunt.

Well if I'm not mistaken the new Windows 8.1 beta will include ie 11 so maybe that would fix it. Hope it fixes it.

Actually, there is an upgrade we need to do here, but I haven't had time. It could very well fix the issue.

Archived