Tallinder traded to Buffalo

Two or less

But what about foursomes?

And yes, I know. The Sabres are very familiar with foursomes.

:lol:

Are we really getting worked up about this?

Where were the outcries the last time he was on the team paired with the young defenseman?

Boy, slow Summer. I think I'm joining SFiNS,… let's see,…which way do I face?…

I'm certainly not worked up, just trying to get more information about something I had no idea happened. I care more about something like this than Derek Roy passing out toga party invitations after a team meeting :P

I dig. Sorry, but a Wiki-ization here is one of those, more frequent, instances where the information is misleading. And since it's managed by geeks and marketers, it's more propaganda than fact.

They use only a select, handful of sources for their data, not anywhere near comprehensive and statistically relevant.

Sorry, folks, excuse my writing style. I'm not trying to be aggressive, just move the conversation along when I see fit. This is a Sabres board, and I'm just so not happy with them lately it's clearly crept into my perspective on everything I'm reading here.

IE10 has a broken Java implementation, but I have given up looking for word that MS even acknowledges it. Ideally, they fix it before moving on to 11. You'd figure they would have learned after IE7 and FF nearly evening the distribution. Now they have Chrome to contend with as well, yet they release this crap.

If you are having problems posting from IE10, use the simple/formatting toggle in the upper left of the post editor.

Interesting and thanks for the tip!

I get where you're at with the team. As a season ticket holder I'm a little perturbed with the increases my section has had over the past two seasons but I'm supposed to be quiet about that cause it sounds whiney when I complain.

While I am not in a good spot with them I also feel that we could see significant improvement quickly if half these kids turn out for us.

:rolleyes: Not quite what I wrote.

Passed out?

That was never alleged. That would be rape, wouldn't it?

Anyway, Tyler, if you play in the World's in Europe avoid freaky group sex.

No, in Sweden, rape charges can only be upheld if there was physical violence evident. Here, there was admission and evidence of sex, but no violence. That's why the charges were dropped and had to be reopened as Sexual Exploitation.

The fact that she blacked out is the reason the Sexual Exploitation charges were dropped. She honestly could not say who did what to her at what point. The players said the sex was with consent, she wakes up and they are in the room with her and she then goes to the hospital.

Are we really getting worked up about this?

Where were the outcries the last time he was on the team paired with the young defenseman?

Boy, slow Summer. I think I'm joining SFiNS,… let's see,…which way do I face?…

Where is the outcry? 1 person brings up a factual story and it is an outcry?

Heck, let them sign Jack the Ripper.

My comment was I got a kick how Tallinder is this "great mentor" for a 20'something kid who seeming hasn't acted professionally off the ice and has seen his play nosedive. If his off the ice methods are connected to his on-ice performance as many have been claiming the past year....then in my opinion there are plenty of better "mentors" out there for him.

No, in Sweden, rape charges can only be upheld if there was physical violence evident. Here, there was admission and evidence of sex, but no violence. That's why the charges were dropped and had to be reopened as Sexual Exploitation.

The fact that she blacked out is the reason the Sexual Exploitation charges were dropped. She honestly could not say who did what to her at what point. The players said the sex was with consent, she wakes up and they are in the room with her and she then goes to the hospital.

My comment was I got a kick how Tallinder is this "great mentor" for a 20'something kid who seeming hasn't acted professionally off the ice and has seen his play nosedive. If his off the ice methods are connected to his on-ice performance as many have been claiming the past year....then in my opinion there are plenty of better "mentors" out there for him.

Facts? You've got to be kidding. You have no facts.

The allegations were more properly "sexual exploitation" which is sex with an unconscious person.

Penal Code, Chapter 6, Section 1

“A person who by assault or otherwise by violence or by threat of a criminal act forces another person to have sexual intercourse or to undertake or endure another sexual act that, having regard to the nature of the violation and the circumstances in general, is comparable to sexual intercourse, shall be sentenced for rape to imprisonment for at least two and at most six years.

This shall also apply if a person engages with another person in sexual intercourse or in a sexual act which under the first paragraph is comparable to sexual intercourse by improperly exploiting that the person, due to unconsciousness, sleep, intoxication or other drug influence, illness, physical injury or mental disturbance, or otherwise in view of the circumstances in general, is in a helpless state.

If, in view of the circumstances associated with the crime, a crime provided for in the first or second paragraph is considered less aggravated, a sentence to imprisonment for at most four years shall be imposed for rape.

If a crime provided for in the first or second paragraph is considered gross, a sentence to imprisonment for at least four and at most ten years shall be imposed for gross rape. In assessing whether the crime is gross, special consideration shall be given to whether the violence or threat was of a particularly serious nature or whether more than one person assaulted the victim or in any other way took part in the assault or whether the perpetrator having regard to the method used or otherwise exhibited particular ruthlessness or brutality.” (Chapter 6 of the Swedish Penal Code 1962:700)

He was cleared. Fully cleared. She claimed she was drugged.

There is no suspicion. There was no criminal wrong doing. He was cleared. BY THE PROSECUTOR.

Aside: I've worked with and have associations with Swedes for years. In my experience they are relentlessly thorough and logical. I'm assuming they got this one right. That's my bias.

Facts? You've got to be kidding. You have no facts.

The allegations were more properly "sexual exploitation" which is sex with an unconscious person.

Penal Code, Chapter 6, Section 1

“A person who by assault or otherwise by violence or by threat of a criminal act forces another person to have sexual intercourse or to undertake or endure another sexual act that, having regard to the nature of the violation and the circumstances in general, is comparable to sexual intercourse, shall be sentenced for rape to imprisonment for at least two and at most six years.

This shall also apply if a person engages with another person in sexual intercourse or in a sexual act which under the first paragraph is comparable to sexual intercourse by improperly exploiting that the person, due to unconsciousness, sleep, intoxication or other drug influence, illness, physical injury or mental disturbance, or otherwise in view of the circumstances in general, is in a helpless state.

If, in view of the circumstances associated with the crime, a crime provided for in the first or second paragraph is considered less aggravated, a sentence to imprisonment for at most four years shall be imposed for rape.

If a crime provided for in the first or second paragraph is considered gross, a sentence to imprisonment for at least four and at most ten years shall be imposed for gross rape. In assessing whether the crime is gross, special consideration shall be given to whether the violence or threat was of a particularly serious nature or whether more than one person assaulted the victim or in any other way took part in the assault or whether the perpetrator having regard to the method used or otherwise exhibited particular ruthlessness or brutality.” (Chapter 6 of the Swedish Penal Code 1962:700)

He was cleared. Fully cleared. She claimed she was drugged.

There is no suspicion. There was no criminal wrong doing. He was cleared. BY THE PROSECUTOR.

Correct. It was reopened for Sexual Exploitation. There was no criminal wrongdoing that could be proven so the case was dropped. Correct.

Hey, if you feel Tallinder is the Bees Knees and want to have him over to the family BBQ, all the more power to you.

Considering we have an owner who chastised Jerry Sullivan for being harsh on professional athletes and compared it to berating his teenage daughter and causing the team to quit and fail, I wonder his though process as to this entire scenario. Does he even know about it? I guess if Jerry Sullivan is a moral reprehensible character in a metaphor by Pegula, how would he view these actions?

Correct. It was reopened for Sexual Exploitation. There was no criminal wrongdoing that could be proven so the case was dropped. Correct.

Hey, if you feel Tallinder is the Bees Knees and want to have him over to the family BBQ, all the more power to you.

Considering we have an owner who chastised Jerry Sullivan for being harsh on professional athletes and compared it to berating his teenage daughter and causing the team to quit and fail, I wonder his though process as to this entire scenario. Does he even know about it? I guess if Jerry Sullivan is a moral reprehensible character in a metaphor by Pegula, how would he view these actions?

What do you know about what I want? As for me, I have ABSOLUTELY no moral expectations for athletes.

This is what you brought up, isn't it? You are the one retrying the guy.

What's the opposite of "Bee's Knees"?

You brought it up. Just get the facts right.

Well, as I suspected, your objection to Tallinder as a mentor (again, that overstates it) has less than nothing to do with hockey and it just makes your argument even harder to grasp. There are no two dots you won't try to connect, regardless of the distance between them.

I find it interesting that you perceive Tallinder as the same person he was in 2005. As if THAT Tallinder would be imparting whatever advice he can give a young defense corps.

GO SABRES!!!

Wrong.

That wasn't the result. There was no trial.

The prosecutor fully cleared them. The prosecutor.

I suspect that if the prosecution fully clears you, there isn't a case. There probably isn't even suspicion.

The story was weird to begin with....three professional hockey players go to a nightclub and drug a girl (do you really think professional hockey players need to drug people to get sex?)

Anyway. Fully cleared. By the prosecution nonetheless.

That's not to say athletes don't have interesting sex lives....just that there was no criminal wrongdoing.

Given what I've read about transpiring with professional athletes in any sport over the past 20 years I don't put anything past them. I would never assume that a professional hockey player WOULDN'T use drugs to get sex. I would never assume that any athlete would act in a normal and expected way. Now, I think I would expect certain players who establish themselves as upstanding, morally sound individuals to be far less likely to become involved in a situation like that. But that's reserved for people like Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, Ray Bourque, etc. Of course that doesn't mean they don't have their moments.

While it's wonderful to use your own sensibility as the measuring stick for how others act it's not very prudent....All of that aside, people make poor decisions throughout life and the best anyone can hope for is that they learn from those decisions and grow as a person. It appears that Tallinder has kept his nose clean since then and for that reason I am less concerned.

Given what I've read about transpiring with professional athletes in any sport over the past 20 years I don't put anything past them. I would never assume that a professional hockey player WOULDN'T use drugs to get sex. I would never assume that any athlete would act in a normal and expected way.

Hahaha.

This thread had the potential to be a nice "welcome back," but it has been dragged through stupiditiy, and has now fallen off of the cliff of insanity.

Archived