The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

I finally got my first ride of the year in last night, about 22 miles.  It's been a busy year so far, and when I haven't been busy the weather has sucked.  It was in the high 50s last night so I decided to go for it.  The temp is dropping today and chance of sleet tonight.

And the weather this weekend looks like it's gonna suck.

I finally got my first ride of the year in last night, about 22 miles.  It's been a busy year so far, and when I haven't been busy the weather has sucked.  It was in the high 50s last night so I decided to go for it.  The temp is dropping today and chance of sleet tonight.

And the weather this weekend looks like it's gonna suck.

You could always get one of those stands that turns a regular bicycle into a stationary bike. Then when the weather sucks you can get some miles in without leaving the comfort of your garage.

I can think of nothing more soul-sucking than that.  Texas weather doesn't preclude outdoor riding the vast majority of the time; this is the week or two when it's iffy, and even now, there are occasional good days to get a ride in.

I hate the heat, so that would probably tip the scales for me. I'd rather ride a stationary bike in an air conditioned garage while watching tv then deal with the heat. Then again, I don't work out anyway. I have a pull up bar over one of the doors in my house that I use probably 4/5 days a week after work and other than that I do 12 ounce curls (glug). It doesn't matter though. I have the body of a God (who care if it's Buddha?).

Yeah man, I want to go give money to the butcher shop. Looks like good stuff. Young couple, too. Good on them. 

Yep, pose. Getting into it is.. fun. She has to essentially stick her butt in my face while sitting on me to fold in half enough to then stick her face in my crotch. There's no shyness in partner work! Aaand this is also why I've mostly worked with other women. Did some silks partnering with a guy and it was like, oh hello there little friend, I always wondered where you guys put it when doing aerials...

I just spewed coffee all over my desk. :)

I just spewed coffee all over my desk. :)

Sexxxayy 

but seriously. I have no clue how any man does aerials. I can barely stand it sometimes and I don't have any low hanging fruit getting in the way. Unless you count the occasional wayward boob...  

Yeah man, I want to go give money to the butcher shop. Looks like good stuff. Young couple, too. Good on them. 

Yep, pose. Getting into it is.. fun. She has to essentially stick her butt in my face while sitting on me to fold in half enough to then stick her face in my crotch. There's no shyness in partner work! Aaand this is also why I've mostly worked with other women. Did some silks partnering with a guy and it was like, oh hello there little friend, I always wondered where you guys put it when doing aerials... 

:w00t:  :lol:

I can think of nothing more soul-sucking than that.  Texas weather doesn't preclude outdoor riding the vast majority of the time; this is the week or two when it's iffy, and even now, there are occasional good days to get a ride in.

The bf does this since there are so few days he can get out in the winter in Oklahoma.  Definitely not his first choice, but he tries to use it as a chance to catch up on tv shows on the bike instead of the couch, so there's that.

I hate the heat, so that would probably tip the scales for me. I'd rather ride a stationary bike in an air conditioned garage while watching tv then deal with the heat. Then again, I don't work out anyway. I have a pull up bar over one of the doors in my house that I use probably 4/5 days a week after work and other than that I do 12 ounce curls (glug). It doesn't matter though. I have the body of a God (who care if it's Buddha?).

I hate the heat too.  But living here, I've had to learn to deal with it.  I don't work out either.... except for cycling.  Since I give myself a pass on other types of workouts, I try to cycle regularly.  Plus a fair amount of my social life is tied into cycling. 

All of I got from the last 20 posts is that bio is long distance dating Randall.

:w00t:

It's been 15 days, and I haven't been doing very good on my plan to break a sweat. Call it holiday hangover, laziness, or time crunch, but I need to do something. I have a cheap exercise bike and a stand for my MTB in the basement, I just have to get on it. Part of it is I said I'd watch TV/hockey while I was down there, and I've been doing almost zero of that. 

Anyone have any experience with an under desk cycle? MrsPie was thinking of getting me one. It seems like a great idea, but the reading the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon has me wary.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/DeskCycle-Exercise-Pedal-Exerciser-White/dp/B00B1VDNQA/ref=sr_1_4?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1516047002&sr=1-4&keywords=desk+cycle

I'm with you Matt, I haven't been doing much either. No hockey for Christmas and New Year's weeks and I skipped last week for the Georgia game. Playing tonight, but missing next week for work. Then hopefully I'll be there every week till it's over in mid March.

Been thinking about what I want to do in the coming year. The days getting longer have me thinking about spring.

I think Josie and I are going to start doing the climbing center in Tonawanda once a week. The buy in cost for equipment is low and the membership prices there are pretty reasonable. It works out to about $500/yr to climb once a week, which isn't bad. The full body workout will be excellent, efficient, and much more fun than the gym.

Planning to do more hiking this year too. Allegany is closer now so we have no excuse for not getting down there as much as possible to hike trails and camp a little.

Disc golf too of course.

I'm with you Matt, I haven't been doing much either. No hockey for Christmas and New Year's weeks and I skipped last week for the Georgia game. Playing tonight, but missing next week for work. Then hopefully I'll be there every week till it's over in mid March.

Been thinking about what I want to do in the coming year. The days getting longer have me thinking about spring.

I think Josie and I are going to start doing the climbing center in Tonawanda once a week. The buy in cost for equipment is low and the membership prices there are pretty reasonable. It works out to about $500/yr to climb once a week, which isn't bad. The full body workout will be excellent, efficient, and much more fun than the gym.

Planning to do more hiking this year too. Allegany is closer now so we have no excuse for not getting down there as much as possible to hike trails and camp a little.

Disc golf too of course.

MrsPie and I did a intro climbing day at a gym that's really close to my house. It was a lot of fun, but my hands hurt for weeks after that. I need to build up some hand strength before I try that again.

The new year's resolution(huge eyeroll) crowd has almost died out at my gym. Thank God! But a couple of them are hanging on. This takes up parking spaces and makes me wait to use some of the weights. I'm a patient man, but you got a week left!

The new year's resolution(huge eyeroll) crowd has almost died out at my gym. Thank God! But a couple of them are hanging on. This takes up parking spaces and makes me wait to use some of the weights. I'm a patient man, but you got a week left!

I've noticed that the roadside joggers are dwindling in number. Probably will be found in ditches in the spring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.