Sekera dealt to the Canes

inkman

I wouldve been happy with Sekera and the eight for Carolinas pick in the first rd...Sekera was too cold most of the time..He had his moments but his mistakes and games of nonexistence greatly outweighed his worth

Spoke too soon

If what Rutheford said is true then this has gone too far. It's gotten to the point of corruption and intentional destruction of this franchise.

It doesn't really make much sense, but basically Darcy preferred having an extra second rounder over moving up 3 spots. I guess I don't care because it sounds like even if they moved up to #5 they would have went for defense. Or Lindholm tho.

It doesn't really make much sense, but basically Darcy preferred having an extra second rounder over moving up 3 spots. I guess I don't care because it sounds like even if they moved up to #5 they would have went for defense. Or Lindholm tho.

Comes down to whether Darcy valued Lindholm as greater than Risto (or whatever he thought would be available at 8) + Sekera. Obviously he didn't.

Comes down to whether Darcy valued Lindholm as greater than Risto (or whatever he thought would be available at 8) + Sekera. Obviously he didn't.

I think Darcy would have taken Nurse if they moved to #5. But either way yeah, he probably didn't deem the difference between Risto/Nurse/Lind as that big, so I guess it's a good deal to get an extra second round pick.

Yet he was willing to deal Sekera for McBain (who from what I know isn't anywhere near Sekera's class as far as lock-down ability goes) and a prospect with a ~20% chance of making the NHL? Ugh. Speechless if this is true.

Yet he was willing to deal Sekera for McBain (who from what I know isn't anywhere near Sekera's class as far as lock-down ability goes) and a prospect with a ~20% chance of making the NHL? Ugh. Speechless if this is true.

I don't fully get it either.

Did some reading, and McBain showed up to camp out of shape not only last year, but also the year before. So much for that "hard working" thing we were allegedly going for. Oh, and apparently he brings a Gragnani-level of toughness to the blue line. For our second best defender. Yippee!

Did some reading, and McBain showed up to camp out of shape not only last year, but also the year before. So much for that "hard working" thing we were allegedly going for. Oh, and apparently he brings a Gragnani-level of toughness to the blue line. For our second best defender. Yippee!

Hopefully he's filler in a Miller trade?

I see McBain as nothing more than taking some salary in return. Carolina has less than $7 mil of cap space. He is a RFA after this season which I highly doubt he finishes as a Sabre. The deal was basically Sekera for the 35th pick which is a good move. The 35th pick for the "second best defender" on a bad defensive team.

I think you have to look at it as soft D-man making $3 mil for #35...who in turn is a solid potential 2-way forward in a few years.... If anyone remembers the last time the Sabres were in the playoffs....Sekera was a timid little boy. He has improved his game in the regular season, but when the chips are down, I still can't trust him. Fine with this......and in one of the few times I will defend Darcy, he does have an eye for nimble defensemen. If he is sold on the 1st picks yet we have gone grit up front in the 2nd....I can't cry too much.

Archived