Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

He was way too soft. Missed the net all the time. Started gettin injured a lot. Averaged about 25 goals and 65 points his whole career and hes gettin a lil old. There is a million guys like that in the league.

Bottom line, Darcy I fleece the crap out of other teams Regier, well, fleeced the crap out of minnesota.

You can say a lot about Pominville, but he did not get injured a lot.

Whoops. You right about that one swamp. Pominville still just ain't good enough, though. Glad he's gone.

Maybe him and roy will meet up someday and have sex with eachother like they used too.

I'm just quoting this 8 post guy for posterity. You know, I can think of several, regular members here accused of being problematic once in a while: behold the real deal.

You guys need to lighten up you coutry club golf shirts. I'll skool you all in hockey knowledge.

And for the record pominville and roy really were gay.

Been nice knowin' ya.

No, they just ain't together anymore since Roy has been traded. They been spotted in canada over the offseason at some dog park and a fabric store.

Whatchu mean nice knowin ya? People gett banned for sayin 2 hockey players are gay, that really are?

No, they just ain't together anymore since Roy has been traded. They been spotted in canada over the offseason at some dog park and a fabric store.

Whatchu mean nice knowin ya? People gett banned for sayin 2 hockey players are gay, that really are?

I wonder if his wife knows.

Dude I'm crushed, really. Quit yo whinin and actually hit that ignore button, or just ignore.

Neither one of them have wives.

Um, k

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=664745

So you think only one team will be bidding for Vanek? Because otherwise it doesn't matter what Regier does, the market will create a bidding war for him.

I'm sure some teams will kick the tires on Vanek. I'd expect many teams to be put off by their initial conversations with Regier and I don't believe has a deft enough hand when it come to negotiations to play multiple teams against each other.

Didn't Iginla end up refusing to go to Boston? Vanek doesn't have a no trade, more teams could be involved in the bidding.

When it comes to the top tier players like Vanek being available at the trade deadline the number of teams that will show serious interest is limited because of compensation and cap issues. IMO, teams likely to be on a NTC list are teams unlikely to be in a position where adding Vanek makes sense.

When it comes to the top tier players like Vanek being available at the trade deadline the number of teams that will show serious interest is limited because of compensation and cap issues. IMO, teams likely to be on a NTC list are teams unlikely to be in a position where adding Vanek makes sense.

Vanek doesn't have a NTC and cap/compensation issues are far less important at the deadline. If there are limited players available with that skill level, GMs will deal with Darcy to get him. There just aren't enough options out there most years to be that picky. I still maintain that Vanek's health will player a bigger role than Darcy's negotiation skills in determining what value he gets.

Vanek doesn't have a NTC and cap/compensation issues are far less important at the deadline. If there are limited players available with that skill level, GMs will deal with Darcy to get him. There just aren't enough options out there most years to be that picky. I still maintain that Vanek's health will player a bigger role than Darcy's negotiation skills in determining what value he gets.

I wouldn't be so sure about this upcoming season. There are many quality players who are facing UFA status in 2014. I know they will all not hit the open market. if a good percentage do, say 35-40%, it could be a bumper crop of free agents next season and some of those players will likely be available at the trade deadline diluting the market.

Shane Doan took less money than offered elsewhere to stay in Phoenix, which seems to suggest he really wanted to stay in Phoenix. He also managed to secure a full NMC in his contract. Please explain why he would be willing to waive that NMC to come to Buffalo.

A thought that just occurred to me, how far from hockey heaven are we when a guy like Shane Doan accepts far less money to play on a team with ownership and host city in flux and only a punchers shot at a Cup run, yet our best forward doesn't want to stick around for a rebuild when we have solid ownership and location status, and a metro area known for its fantastic cost of living and family environment?

You're reaching on Doan there weave. It was very well established how much he loves living down there. Add in that scare that he had with his daughter and its about the least shocking story ever that he decided to stay.

I'm not familiar with the daughter scare story.

And I guess my point was, with all WNY has to offer, AND a rock star owner in a hockey nuts area, loving living here ought to be easy.

I'm not familiar with the daughter scare story.

And I guess my point was, with all WNY has to offer, AND a rock star owner in a hockey nuts area, loving living here ought to be easy.

She was brutally mauled by a dog.

Archived