All About Aaron Hernandez

wjag

Who joins a gang in Bristol, Connecticut, anyway?

There are some really sketchy neighborhoods in Binghamton, it wouldn't surprise me at all that Bristol would be similar considering they're somewhat similar in size and demographics.

From the bits and pieces I read..

Hernandez is also being sued (perhaps prosecuted) for a shooting a few weeks earlier in Florida that took a man's eye. I believe it was someone that worked for him.

I had read that one of the hard drives (or the hard drive) for the security system had been shot.

This guy is a piece of work. I can't wait to see how deep this rabbit hole goes and how bizarre it gets.

The text messages from Lloyd are disturbing, he knew he was going to be killed. Texting his sister in the early morning says "Just so you know". Really? that was minutes before he was shot. Insane.

From the bits and pieces I read..

Hernandez is also being sued (perhaps prosecuted) for a shooting a few weeks earlier in Florida that took a man's eye. I believe it was someone that worked for him.

I had read that one of the hard drives (or the hard drive) for the security system had been shot.

This guy is a piece of work. I can't wait to see how deep this rabbit hole goes and how bizarre it gets.

The text messages from Lloyd are disturbing, he knew he was going to be killed. Texting his sister in the early morning says "Just so you know". Really? that was minutes before he was shot. Insane.

What did he text her?

He asked her if she knew who he was with.

She responded, "who?"

He wrote back "NFL," and then a minute or so later, "just so you know."

And that was really early in the morning? And shortly before he was killed correct?

I ask because it is extremely weird to text anyone who you are with really early in the morning and then add "just so you know" Sorry for asking dumb questions I have not followed everything going on with this.

And that was really early in the morning? And shortly before he was killed correct?

I ask because it is extremely weird to text anyone who you are with really early in the morning and then add "just so you know" Sorry for asking dumb questions I have not followed everything going on with this.

Yes to both questions. He was leaving his trail of breadcrumbs.

He asked her if she knew who he was with.

She responded, "who?"

He wrote back "NFL," and then a minute or so later, "just so you know."

He knew what was up. Maybe he didn't think he was going to be killed, but he probably expected trouble.

2:32am - Hernandez arrives at Lloyd's house, there was a text then and his sister saw him get in the car.

3:07 am - Text to his sister "Did you see who I was with?"

Shortly thereafter her response "Who?"

3:23am - "NFL" and then "Just so you know"

3:23am - Hernandez car is seen driving into the industrial park

3:27am - His car is seen leaving the industrial park.

3:29am - Hernandez pulls into his driveway.

I mean.. the guy is in deep. Especially if it comes to light that Lloyd had information about the double-homicide that Hernandez is now being investigated for. It shouldn't take much to flip one of his accomplices as the DA will want the big fish.

The fact that Hernandez texted his buddies to hurry over from Bristol doesn't help either.

All in all Hernandez is clearly an idiot (and I don't just say this because of the homicides). Having a cell phone on you, being on your OWN surveillance system, allowing Lloyd to have his cell phone on him. These are not things an intelligent person would let happen.

If it all goes down as portrayed then it's really too bad the worst he can get is life without parole. That will only cost the taxpayers about $50k/year to keep him in prison.

... If it all goes down as portrayed then it's really too bad the worst he can get is life without parole. That will only cost the taxpayers about $50k/year to keep him in prison.

That's a helluva lot cheaper to the tax payers than a death penalty conviction. And by a lot.

2:32am - Hernandez arrives at Lloyd's house, there was a text then and his sister saw him get in the car.

3:07 am - Text to his sister "Did you see who I was with?"

Shortly thereafter her response "Who?"

3:23am - "NFL" and then "Just so you know"

3:23am - Hernandez car is seen driving into the industrial park

3:27am - His car is seen leaving the industrial park.

3:29am - Hernandez pulls into his driveway.

I mean.. the guy is in deep. Especially if it comes to light that Lloyd had information about the double-homicide that Hernandez is now being investigated for. It shouldn't take much to flip one of his accomplices as the DA will want the big fish.

The fact that Hernandez texted his buddies to hurry over from Bristol doesn't help either.

All in all Hernandez is clearly an idiot (and I don't just say this because of the homicides). Having a cell phone on you, being on your OWN surveillance system, allowing Lloyd to have his cell phone on him. These are not things an intelligent person would let happen.

If it all goes down as portrayed then it's really too bad the worst he can get is life without parole. That will only cost the taxpayers about $50k/year to keep him in prison.

It should cost us nothing. He has plenty of money to fund his own stay.

That's a helluva lot cheaper to the tax payers than a death penalty conviction. And by a lot.

Perhaps, depending on the case, the age of the defendant, and the inefficiencies of the courts. I understand the logic by which people make the argument but the logic is in place without questioning the foundation it is built upon. The concept that housing a death-row inmate must cost more is flawed. The additional due process is flawed.

Why would the process to convict someone of a crime be more burdensome if the death penalty is involved? The base concept is that we want to be EXTRA CERTAIN that we don't kill an innocent person. The first response to that concept should be, "But it's okay to put them in jail for life?" If a person is wrongly convicted it is a woeful mistake. While it does happen it usually involves someone who has lived a life up that point with such questionable moral judgment that they would be considered for the crime in the first place. This doesn't make it right, but it does tend to lend credence to the idea that if people spent more time living their lives away from criminal activity they would be less likely to get caught up in it.

So, moving past that. There should be no reason that housing a death row inmate would cost more than housing any other prisoner convicted of the same crime. Is it because we need to protect death row inmates from killing others? In general it is because they have private cells, more guards, etc. But there is no real indication as to WHY this is necessary. One forerunning conclusion is that because a person may die they have nothing to live for and could be willing to take extra actions that a similarly incarcerated criminal, not facing the death penalty, would not take. I'm not sure there are any studies that are going to show that a person who is in prison for life feels any differently than a person who is sentenced to death. Even if there were it could be skewed by the insanely long time it takes to get through the appeals process.

There are a lot of studies showing the costs of LWOP against the death penalty and stating how it is cheaper to the taxpayer. This is true, based upon the way the situation is implemented. Reform of the entire system is needed because no matter the situation the cost of criminal incarceration is staggeringly high.

Like I said, I get the sentiment, but the foundation the argument is built upon is the problem.

Either way.. he's going to cost taxpayers more money than he's worth.

Perhaps, depending on the case, the age of the defendant, and the inefficiencies of the courts. I understand the logic by which people make the argument but the logic is in place without questioning the foundation it is built upon. The concept that housing a death-row inmate must cost more is flawed. The additional due process is flawed.

Why would the process to convict someone of a crime be more burdensome if the death penalty is involved? The base concept is that we want to be EXTRA CERTAIN that we don't kill an innocent person. The first response to that concept should be, "But it's okay to put them in jail for life?" If a person is wrongly convicted it is a woeful mistake. While it does happen it usually involves someone who has lived a life up that point with such questionable moral judgment that they would be considered for the crime in the first place. This doesn't make it right, but it does tend to lend credence to the idea that if people spent more time living their lives away from criminal activity they would be less likely to get caught up in it.

So, moving past that. There should be no reason that housing a death row inmate would cost more than housing any other prisoner convicted of the same crime. Is it because we need to protect death row inmates from killing others? In general it is because they have private cells, more guards, etc. But there is no real indication as to WHY this is necessary. One forerunning conclusion is that because a person may die they have nothing to live for and could be willing to take extra actions that a similarly incarcerated criminal, not facing the death penalty, would not take. I'm not sure there are any studies that are going to show that a person who is in prison for life feels any differently than a person who is sentenced to death. Even if there were it could be skewed by the insanely long time it takes to get through the appeals process.

There are a lot of studies showing the costs of LWOP against the death penalty and stating how it is cheaper to the taxpayer. This is true, based upon the way the situation is implemented. Reform of the entire system is needed because no matter the situation the cost of criminal incarceration is staggeringly high.

Like I said, I get the sentiment, but the foundation the argument is built upon is the problem.

The cost is not so much the actual housing, its the additional litigation expenses can be in the millions.

Yes there are extra procedural steps in a capital case to ensure everything was done correctly, and it should not be compared to LWOP.

In a capital case, there is no remedy was final judgment is entered. It would be wise to not blame wrongfully convicted people for being caught up in the system or living their lives near crime. Many people have no choice.

I don't see how any of this refutes what K-9 said at all. You're basically arguing that the death penalty shouldn't cost more than life without parole, and the fact that it does is a failure of how the system is structured. That's all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that death penalty cases typically cost the tax payer more than life without parole cases.

• 2 weeks later...

For all of 2 days and apparently only if the jersey was bought from the team store. Dem Cheatriots are swell fellas.

How could they possibly track that? Refusing to take back counterfeit jerseys is obvious, but there can't be any realistic way to differentiate between a team store jersey and an official one bought at your local Dick's sports.

How could they possibly track that? Refusing to take back counterfeit jerseys is obvious, but there can't be any realistic way to differentiate between a team store jersey and an official one bought at your local Dick's sports.

Thoughts, no basis:

- you must have a receipt

- Best Buy knows everything I've bought there, the team store can too

- It's not usual for stores to have custom UPC codes

Thoughts, no basis:

- you must have a receipt

- Best Buy knows everything I've bought there, the team store can too

- It's not usual for stores to have custom UPC codes

#1. Who actually keeps a receipt? Some of those jerseys were probably up to 3 years old.

#2. I assume this only works if you buy using a card. If you buy with cash, they're not going to be able to track it, unless they're asking for information on each purchase.

#3. Those UPC codes would only be there if they left the tag on the jersey, right?

So a lot of evidence was released yesterday. Wow. This guy was leading a freaking double life. It is fascinating.

Haven't read through it. Kind of amazing, but what will really be interesting is to see how far back everything goes. There's little doubt it has to start back in Bristol as a youth. So he continued that through college and into the NFL.

Archived