All About Aaron Hernandez

wjag

I have a strange feeling that this story is going to get more bizarre as details are released.

I've read that Kraft's chief of security is very connected with the state police -- the thinking is he has some insight on how bad this is going to get.

The fact that they set an all world tightend on the market certainly suggests this is going to go ugly quick.

I have a strange feeling that this story is going to get more bizarre as details are released.

There's virtually no way it can be a mere obstruction charge with the way the arrest went down. I think they would have allowed him to surrender at the station for that.

I know it's completely far-fetched, but would it not be interesting to learn that the charge is minor, but that Hernandez asked to be arrested in dramatic fashion so that he would be released and reach free agency?

I know it's completely far-fetched, but would it not be interesting to learn that the charge is minor, but that Hernandez asked to be arrested in dramatic fashion so that he would be released and reach free agency?

NO bail so I'm guessing murder charge.

They've got car, cameras, guns, shell casings, tire depressions, texts, and Bubalicious gum. Everything but him pulling the trigger.

There's a reason why Hernandez wasn't a 1st round pick coming out of Florida...Lots of NFL teams avoided this guy because of character concerns.

Wow!!!

@BFeldmanCBS

Prosecutor wants Hernandez held w/o bond on 1st degree murder charge. Even called it EXECUTION as he talked abt the murder.

Retweeted by CBSSports.com

He's being held without bail. Apparently there's video footage that shows Lloyd and Hernandez leaving Hernandez's home, video footage from the industrial park area where Lloyd was found dead which shows Hernandez's car driving by, then 5 minutes later driving back by - and in that period of time, there are employees of the industrial park who reported hearing gunshots, then footage of Hernandez returning to his home a short time after the car left the industrial park, and holding what appears to be a gun in his hand all within a span of an hour or so

If this is true, even Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden would have a hard time bungling the prosecution.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

If this is true, even Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden would have a hard time bungling the prosecution.

It is a significant pile of evidence already, and who knows - maybe there will be more. But he's got the resources to hire Boston's best criminal defense attorney. There's no murder weapon and there is a presumed lowlife gang member who has rolled on Hernandez and has said Hernandez pulled the trigger. He could very well beat the murder rap.

Of course, he will never play in the NFL again, even if he does avoid a conviction and lengthy sentence.

I'm split 50/50 on whether he takes a plea or goes to trial.

The one thing I had been wondering: They said that the security system had 6-8 hours of footage destroyed. I was thinking that the computer forensic fellas could get after that -- that the data may be out there somewhere, whether recoverable from the drives themselves, the networks of the company that monitors the system, or perhaps a cloud-based solution.

But, thinking about it some more, it strikes me that he didn't delete any of that data (that would've taken, you know, a little bit of computer know-how), he just shut the security system down after they returned, while the cleaning crew visited.

It's proof of the guy's lack of criminal/IT acumen that he "deleted" (or eliminated) portions of his security system's recordings, but not those portions that showed him leaving his house with a gun (and saying "can't trust nobody anymore") and then a trio of people returning to the house, one of whom appeared to have a gun.

[/size]

It is a significant pile of evidence already, and who knows - maybe there will be more. But he's got the resources to hire Boston's best criminal defense attorney. There's no murder weapon and there is a presumed lowlife gang member who has rolled on Hernandez and has said Hernandez pulled the trigger. He could very well beat the murder rap.

Of course, he will never play in the NFL again, even if he does avoid a conviction and lengthy sentence.

I'm split 50/50 on whether he takes a plea or goes to trial.

The one thing I had been wondering: They said that the security system had 6-8 hours of footage destroyed. I was thinking that the computer forensic fellas could get after that -- that the data may be out there somewhere, whether recoverable from the drives themselves, the networks of the company that monitors the system, or perhaps a cloud-based solution.

But, thinking about it some more, it strikes me that he didn't delete any of that data (that would've taken, you know, a little bit of computer know-how), he just shut the security system down after they returned, while the cleaning crew visited.

It's proof of the guy's lack of criminal/IT acumen that he "deleted" (or eliminated) portions of his security system's recordings, but not those portions that showed him leaving his house with a gun (and saying "can't trust nobody anymore") and then a trio of people returning to the house, one of whom appeared to have a gun.

Ray Lewis did just that. Vick returned after a not insubstantial sentence, as did Burress. If Hernandez is not found guilty of murder, there's definitely a chance you could see him back in the game.

Archived