Place Your Bets! (Vanek, Miller trade edition)

IKnowPhysics

Vanek/Miller Poll  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vanek be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.
  2. 2. Will Miller be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.

I think Regier will characteristically let time wind down til the end of the contract where the two stars will bolt on their own accord and the Sabres get nothing. Then he'll say the price that teams were willing to pay wasn't high enough for a trade.

I think Regier will characteristically let time wind down til the end of the contract where the two stars will bolt on their own accord and the Sabres get nothing. Then he'll say the price that teams were willing to pay wasn't high enough for a trade.

:thumbsup:

With the Blues signing Roy, they probably don't have enough cap space to resign both Stewart and Pietrangelo. Maybe Miller to the Blues for Stewart and Halak would work?

I understand your viewpoint; don't forget that DR did the exact opposite last year with Pommers and Regehr. Of course, they weren't in the final year of their respective deals, but it's important--in my mind--to note that DR has done well at the deadline with top talent before.

That said, I'm not confident it'll happen that way with Vanek or Miller

DR is not accepting the money potential suiters want to send us. Indicates other teams want Vanek/Miller but also want to unload some hefty contracts in return. DR wants prospects and draft picks. Im telling you guys, GMs around the league are getting as sick of this clown as we are. DR doesn't know sh@t about hockey.

DR is not accepting the money potential suiters want to send us. Indicates other teams want Vanek/Miller but also want to unload some hefty contracts in return. DR wants prospects and draft picks. Im telling you guys, GMs around the league are getting as sick of this clown as we are. DR doesn't know sh@t about hockey.

Where is this info coming from? While I agree with the ending, I don't think we know anything about negotiations so far. I'm sure they're mind-numbingly bad on DR's part, but we just don't know. We could wake up tomorrow and see them both traded for huge returns.

I lulzed at the previous two posts.

"You have no idea what's going on, but I agree."

Your reading comprehension skills took a break. I agreed with the end about other GMs getting sick of Darcy. The part about Darcy refusing to take on money was what I was questioning.

Is there something fundamentally wrong about humping a hockey puck, or is it only bad if monkeys do it? Asking for a friend....

Not in New York. Soon Andrew will introduce legislation incentivizing it.

I lulzed at the previous two posts.

"You have no idea what's going on, but I agree."

... I don't think we know anything about negotiations so far. I'm sure they're mind-numbingly bad on DR's part, but we just don't know ...

Yikes.

Hi, Inky ... :w00t:

The speculating part is one of the best things about this site!

Exactly. I just thought I missed something when he stated the Darcy stuff as fact. Then I looked all over and couldn't find it. Which is why I questioned stating speculation as fact. That is all.

Just to keep this thread alive:

To Philly: Vanek (50%) and McNabb

To Buffalo: Couturier and Meszaros

Flyers get the best player, a solid, cheap, tough defensive prospect and about $1 million cap relief.

Sabres get a big, young, top-six centre for their rebuild. Meszaros is a salary dump.

To St. Louis: Miller (50%), Stafford and a third

To Buffalo: Oshie, Halak and a second

Blues get the top goalie who may be the missing link on a very good team and an underachieving winger who should replace Oshie's numbers.

Sabres get: hard-to-play against top six winger who is young enough to grow with the core. Halak is a salary dump.

I know any deal that includes Stafford will get ridiculed here, but I think these deals meet the goals of all three teams.

Guest Sloth

Flyers get the best player, a solid, cheap, tough defensive prospect and about $1 million cap relief.

Sabres get a big, young, top-six centre for their rebuild. Meszaros is a salary dump.

Blues get the top goalie who may be the missing link on a very good team and an underachieving winger who should replace Oshie's numbers.

Sabres get: hard-to-play against top six winger who is young enough to grow with the core. Halak is a salary dump.

I know any deal that includes Stafford will get ridiculed here, but I think these deals meet the goals of all three teams.

If it was Stewart and not Oshie, I'd be up for this trade idea. But I'm sure Darcy would never consider the idea of keeping x% on a player no longer on the team. Even though the kept salary would have no impact, to my understanding, on the 2014/15 season...

god idea but too late now.. if i am Philly or St Louis maybe i look at the deadline, and ask. If the price is too high... I wait for free agency and pay 0. Vanek without an extension is worth maybe a late first rounder and a propsect or a average nhler if the team needs cap...but guys like Couturier will not be on the list. when it happens the spin will be big..I think he walks to free agency like Briere. Ironic,,,same mistake over and over/

If it was Stewart and not Oshie, I'd be up for this trade idea. But I'm sure Darcy would never consider the idea of keeping x% on a player no longer on the team. Even though the kept salary would have no impact, to my understanding, on the 2014/15 season...

FWIW, the Sabres retained a small part of Pominville's salary (600k or something). That's not the same as $3M+ for Miller or Vanek, but they're not adverse to it entirely.

Archived