Place Your Bets! (Vanek, Miller trade edition)

IKnowPhysics

Vanek/Miller Poll  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vanek be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.
  2. 2. Will Miller be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.

I'm just not sure how much discussion Enroth generates. The goalies we've seen traded lately have generated a lot of buzz during the season for their play and winning records. Schneider, Bernier and now Scrivens have drawn more attention than Enroth ever has.

I don't know if that says more about the goalies or GM propensity to buy into hype.

They've also played for Toronto and Vancouver, which tend to draw more attention generally.

Enroth is younger, was a high pick, has a better contract situation and has won a world championship.

He also seems be a more established NHLer, as an established backup for three years, while Scrivens was undrafted and has been more of a recall/fill-in type. One could also argue Scrivens numbers are a product of being a King and Enroth's a Sabre.

Do you think they are more or less equal in the eyes of most GMs?

first off, I don't think the "World Championship" is viewed as being as much of a big deal as Sabres fans will make it out to be. Its a lower level tournament thats held during a time when most of the best hockey players are in the NHL playoffs. And I don't recall anyone saying that he was the one that won the tournament for them, he was just the starting goalie for the winning team.

Second, I don't think he is any more established then Scrivens. Scrivens has played very well for the Marlies, and played well for the Leafs with Reimer last season. Enroth has only played in 17 more games then Scrivens in one extra season.

I think both are very close to being similar in how the league views them.

What does that have to do with you calling me a liar?

Absolutely nothing. Because I don't really give a sh*t.

You've been called out numerous times to provide any kind of evidence that proves the Miller Olympic Year Focus theory, and your response every time has been to pass the buck. Refusal to accept your theory has been rebuffed by your refusal to actually do the leg work to support it. And yet you persist with it.

So for as long as you persist with it, I will continue to take jabs at every opportunity. This stops when you feel like backing your sh*t up.

I think Eleven is right on location feeding the hype question, plus Corey Schnieder (a steal for the ninth overall pick, IMO) is an upper echelon goalie, and Bernier is one of highest drafted goalies in the past 10 years.

Also, hype is a question of media attention - sometimes manipulation - not GM esteem.

Not proof but I've called you out in the threads you've done it in at least twice.

I asked for proof that I bring it up in every thread after he called me a liar. Try and follow along. The only time I've brought it up is in this thread, in probably the last year. You've called me out nowhere. My proof was in the save percentage, what the hell do you think we've been talking about for the last two days? I noticed you guys still haven't answered my questions. I've tried to be civil about this, obviously you don't want to play along. So until you answer my questions, stop wasting my time.

Not proof but I've called you out in the threads you've done it in at least twice.

I asked for proof that I bring it up in every thread after he called me a liar. Try and follow along. The only time I've brought it up is in this thread, in probably the last year. You've called me out nowhere. My proof was in the save percentage, what the hell do you think we've been talking about for the last two days? I noticed you guys still haven't answered my questions. I've tried to be civil about this, obviously you don't want to play along. So until you answer my questions, stop wasting my time.

If this were a TV show it would have been cancelled.

first off, I don't think the "World Championship" is viewed as being as much of a big deal as Sabres fans will make it out to be. Its a lower level tournament thats held during a time when most of the best hockey players are in the NHL playoffs. And I don't recall anyone saying that he was the one that won the tournament for them, he was just the starting goalie for the winning team.

Second, I don't think he is any more established then Scrivens. Scrivens has played very well for the Marlies, and played well for the Leafs with Reimer last season. Enroth has only played in 17 more games then Scrivens in one extra season.

I think both are very close to being similar in how the league views them.

So guys like Stamkos, Giroux, Eberle and Duchene are lower level I guess...

Here was Canada's roster for that Tournament http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=63060 It may not feature crosby but beating that team in a gold medal game is extremely respectable.

Archived