Place Your Bets! (Vanek, Miller trade edition)

IKnowPhysics

Vanek/Miller Poll  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vanek be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.
  2. 2. Will Miller be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.

The "we want to keep them both" is the kiss of death. It would have been better if he had said it in a garbled voice while sitting at a table in an Italian restaurant, with a bowl of pasta in front of him.. Be there for the Sabres next play off bid in 2020 .maybe .lol

People will call me crazy, but I have this terrible feeling that we're headed for another 2007. I just think that, with them on the roster, this team is going to be NEAR contention for a playoff spot and Darcy will hold out hope that a run to the playoffs will get them both to resign. I guess it's because my gut tells me not to get my hopes up on the right move being made.

(I don't think I actually believe this, I just think I'm in denial of anything actually happening. I want it to, even though I will be sad to see them go. I'm 100% convinced that Miller SHOULD be moved either way).

Darcy is incapable of doing things in an expedited manner. While most of us recognize that if they want to move one or both guys they should do so ASAP, history tells me Darcy will wait.... and wait... and wait... and...

I'd like to see Miller moved pre-draft. I'd like to see Vanek resigned to an extension.

People will call me crazy, but I have this terrible feeling that we're headed for another 2007. I just think that, with them on the roster, this team is going to be NEAR contention for a playoff spot and Darcy will hold out hope that a run to the playoffs will get them both to resign. I guess it's because my gut tells me not to get my hopes up on the right move being made.

(I don't think I actually believe this, I just think I'm in denial of anything actually happening. I want it to, even though I will be sad to see them go. I'm 100% convinced that Miller SHOULD be moved either way).

I agree, for a different reason.

Pegula will not authorize a trade because he believes he can convince them both to stay. They both end the season as Sabres and their rights are traded for modest picks, right before July 1st, when it finally sinks in they are leaving.

you are a romantic

Vanek at trade deadline, Miller on draft day.

+1

Vanek at trade deadline, Miller on draft day.

I'm with your assessment on this one.

Of course, it's all a crap shoot, both could go on draft day, Vanek in a package for one of the top 4 picks, but I'm more inclined to believe deadline day as well as it maximizes the return, a la Pominville.

I will very surprised if Miller is not moved during or before the draft.

Vanek will be kept in the hopes they can resign him prior to the deadline, where he will be traded for a good haul, if unsigned.

Not only do I believe it is what will happen, I also - surprisingly - believe it is the right thing to do.

I agree, for a different reason.

Pegula will not authorize a trade because he believes he can convince them both to stay. They both end the season as Sabres and their rights are traded for modest picks, right before July 1st, when it finally sinks in they are leaving.

Not buying your product for a second. Regier will move them both, either this off season or at the deadline.

I WANT both to be traded, preferably Miller this week (not because I don't like him, I love Ryan, but because I feel Enroth is ready to be a starter for us) and get some decent value for him not great, but all it takes is 2 teams that could drive up the price. I also voted Miller will be traded before the draft because that's what I feel happens.

I voted Vanek will be resigned because I believe he will be convinced by Darcy to captain this team and lead all the young guns we have. I want Vanek to be traded at the 2014 deadline because I feel we could get a ton of value then especially if someone can get him signed long term in that deal, but obviously management won't want to lose the only "star" we have.

As far as Miller's limited NTC: He's said before he wouldn't get in front of a trade. I'm assuming he'd use it only if Buffalo came to him and said "look, we have a few good deals on the table." He'd then choose the best one of the group.

Interesting. The opposite of what many think. Why?

I can't fathom rebuilding without Miller and Vanek's price will be too steep at draft. A desperate team will pay for Vanek at the trade deadline though.

Pardon me for not having read through the various Miller trade threads. Maybe someone brought this up. The Olympic factor. Regier's on record as saying the Sabres benefited from Miller being insanely focused in 2009-2010. If the idea is to make a run at the playoffs a lot sooner than he's peddling to the fans, he might just keep Miller around and hope lightning strikes again.

Because, I would bet Miller is his favorite player and thinking with your heart instead of your head always skews judgement.

Miller is not my favorite player, far from it. I don't think Enroth is ready. I think you rebuild the forward/defense corp first. I'm not in a rush to run the two veterans out of town and watch an 82-game train wreck.

Miller is not my favorite player, far from it. I don't think Enroth is ready. I think you rebuild the forward/defense corp first. I'm not in a rush to run the two veterans out of town and watch an 82-game train wreck.

What, the 48-game train wreck wasn't an enticing enough preview for you to want to see the full feature? :P

Archived