Place Your Bets! (Vanek, Miller trade edition)

IKnowPhysics

Vanek/Miller Poll  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vanek be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.
  2. 2. Will Miller be traded? When?

• He won't be traded, he will be resigned by the Sabres.
    • He'll be traded before the first round of the 2013 draft ends.
    • He'll be traded after the first round of the 2013 draft ends but before the beginning of the 2013-14 regular season.
    • He'll be traded after the beginning of the 2013-14 season but before the 2014 trade deadline.
    • His rights will be traded after the 2014 trade deadline OR he won't be traded at all before he turns UFA.

Vanek hates Ruff so much that he only decided to become one of the best LWs in the league. If he had a coach he liked, he'd be one of the best players ever!

Its more of a feeling. You ever get one of those Blue ? :P

Its more of a feeling. You ever get one of those Blue ? :P

Feelings are for losers! And guts are for puking on July 5th!

I'm just saying I don't care if Vanek hated Ruff, because I don't think it impacted his performance. Heck, some of the best coach-player combos ever in sports have been adversarial relationships.

I'm just saying I don't care if Vanek hated Ruff, because I don't think it impacted his performance. Heck, some of the best coach-player combos ever in sports have been adversarial relationships.

True.

Even if TV thrived under Lindy, he sure as heck didn't seem to enjoy one second of it.

Sabres announce 5 year, 6 million per year extension with Vanek. Not true but how did that make you feel?

I'd rather see them turn the page, but I'd be okay with it. Now if you post that same thing with Miller's name instead of Vanek, I'd be pissed.

Unless there remains something on the table with St. Louis (or, I suppose, Calgary, who I forgot is completely without a viable starter) it appears there was no market for Miller that would have yielded Darcy's price — which, I am assuming is a top young player/prospect plus a first rounder.

Knowing Darcy, he will wait hoping Emery, or Nabokov or some other questionable keeper flops on a team with playoff hopes and he can make his deal in November/December.

Unless there remains something on the table with St. Louis (or, I suppose, Calgary, who I forgot is completely without a viable starter) it appears there was no market for Miller that would have yielded Darcy's price — which, I am assuming is a top young player/prospect plus a first rounder.

Knowing Darcy, he will wait hoping Emery, or Nabokov or some other questionable keeper flops on a team with playoff hopes and he can make his deal in November/December.

It's not a question of if Nabokov/Emery flop, but when. That said, if Miller is a Sabre at the start of the year, no way he moves before the deadline.

That said, if Miller is a Sabre at the start of the year, no way he moves before the deadline.

Why not?

I think its more likely a team with fading playoff hopes will make a big move early, than a playoff-bound team decides to upgrade its starting goalie spot at the deadline.

Vanek could pay off big at the deadline. Miller will not.

These teams are signing goalies for a fraction of the price of Miller and they are going to get the same production. Why pay $6.5 million when you can pay a whole ton less and get the same results. Makes perfect sense to me. Regier is dumb. Period!

Why not?

I think its more likely a team with fading playoff hopes will make a big move early, than a playoff-bound team decides to upgrade its starting goalie spot at the deadline.

Vanek could pay off big at the deadline. Miller will not.

I don't think either pays off big at the deadline. What was the last pending UFA who returned a major haul at the deadline? Again, Iginla returned less than Pominville. As far as trading early goes, what was the last major deal to take place farther out than a few weeks from the deadline? And you expect Darcy to break this trend?

Even the Hockey Hotline guys liked this idea I suggested:

Alex Pietrangelo (RFA)

Chris Stewart (RFA)

Some sort of cap take on.

for

Miller (50%)

McBain

Stafford (25%)

Cap Hit: A little over 8 mil

St. Louis needs scoring and a goalie and likely can't sign at least one of their 2 big remaining RFAs.

Alex Pietrangelo (RFA)

Chris Stewart (RFA)

for

Miller (50%)

McBain

Stafford (25%)

St. Louis needs scoring and a goalie and likely can't sign at least one of their 2 big remaining RFAs.

We'd have to give up A LOT more for Pietrangelo

Alex Pietrangelo (RFA)

Chris Stewart (RFA)

for

Miller (50%)

McBain

Stafford (25%)

I heard Sylvester talking about this. What an idiot. I can see Stewart moving, but Pietrangelo is going NOWHERE!

Archived