Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Tropp is always game, but he loses far more fights than he wins. He took a few to the chin from Sills and was a little wobbly.

Yeah I wondered about his recent Jaw problem. Was he concussed when his jaw got broke earlier in the year ? He took a couple good shots tonight.

So,g an article on PHT and get down to the comments. Mainly all bruins fans saying how good of a guy Thornton is and this was just one bad play in the moment......isnt that the same thing our fans have said which got ripped apart for(trashing scott, the sabres, us as fans and Buffalo altogether)

Corey Tropp just took a few good shots from Zack Sills in their game. Tropp layed him down with a good hit and Sills took exception.

Sill handled him rather easily for being petty evenly matched in size. He must be tougher than Zac Rinaldo.

I don't understand what takes so long in this discipline process. Do they just prolong it so they can defend themselves with "due process"? In today's day and age, a case like Shawn Thornton's should be handled the next day. Fly him to the league offices for a meeting and then make a decision. I understand they might have a lot of cases to deal with, but when it's this major it should be handled immediately. Act swiftly and strongly. It'll get the message across.

I don't understand what takes so long in this discipline process. Do they just prolong it so they can defend themselves with "due process"? In today's day and age, a case like Shawn Thornton's should be handled the next day. Fly him to the league offices for a meeting and then make a decision. I understand they might have a lot of cases to deal with, but when it's this major it should be handled immediately. Act swiftly and strongly. It'll get the message across.

They need to drag it out so it won't be as fresh in everyone's memory that way there will be less outrage when they give him a slap on the wrist or sweep it under the rug completely.

They need to drag it out so it won't be as fresh in everyone's memory that way there will be less outrage when they give him a slap on the wrist or sweep it under the rug completely.

The longer it takes, the worse it is getting for Thornton. Both CNN and NBCNews have the story linked as a top story on their top page. Neither article paints a pretty picture. The loss of memory for Orpik adds to the story. I'm upping my estimate from 15 to 20 games. It's Thornton afterall. If it was a Boston star like say Krejci, it wouldn't take this long. Thornton is clearly getting the "Scott" treatment from the league.

The longer it takes, the worse it is getting for Thornton. Both CNN and NBCNews have the story linked as a top story on their top page. Neither article paints a pretty picture. The loss of memory for Orpik adds to the story. I'm upping my estimate from 15 to 20 games. It's Thornton afterall. If it was a Boston star like say Krejci, it wouldn't take this long. Thornton is clearly getting the "Scott" treatment from the league.

But is he getting the Scott treatment from the likes of Milbury ? That usual loudmouth has been oddly silent with this incident and as a public defender of all that is fair and just when it comes to anything hockey related I find that perplexing. Anyone heard a peep ?

I wonder if part of it has to do with the league scheduling the hearing and seeing if the attacked player was indeed injured. I believe Thorton is suspended currently so its not like he can play while the league screws around. That being said, if Thorton gets less than 10 games this league is a bigger joke than I thought.

Watching Marty Biron in front of the camera on thats hockey tonight on TSN2 and that boy is a natural. Very articulate and he does love to talk. Comes across as very informed and on top of whats going on league wide.

Fo shizzle.

I was hoping we would pick him up for our broadcast, but the rest of the continent shouldn't be denied to watch his greatness.

But is he getting the Scott treatment from the likes of Milbury ? That usual loudmouth has been oddly silent with this incident and as a public defender of all that is fair and just when it comes to anything hockey related I find that perplexing. Anyone heard a peep ?

Hahaha, you know he's not going to say anything, he's such a Bruin's homer.

Just once I would like to see the NHL send a message. They almost got it right with Torres last year until they went ahead and shortened his sentence. But I think banning Thornton from playing for the rest of the season and post season would be appropriate. The punishment should reflect the crime should it not?

Leafs' Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding

Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf has been suspended for two games, without pay, for boarding Boston Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller during NHL Game No. 450 in Toronto on Sunday, Dec. 8, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 17:43 of the third period. No penalty was assessed to Phaneuf on the play.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and, based on his average annual salary, Phaneuf will forfeit $66,666.66. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

A full video explanation of the decision will be available on NHL.com later today.

By definition, PMB was in less demand than Corey Tropp or Matt D'Agostino. Weird.

Not as weird as you'd think. I don't know his play, but if he's not good enough to break into the top-6 on a team, and he's not physical or defensive enough to be in the bottom-6, there's no place for him on most teams. And that doesn't even touch on the possibility there's an "issue". Tropp and D'Agostino would seem to fit the latter condition for bottom-6.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.